“Standard Courtyard, met expectations” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3150 Riverfront Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76107   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #53 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
McHenry, IL
“Standard Courtyard, met expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard since I have come to enjoy their reasonable prices and comfortable atmosphere for business travel. This courtyard seems to have been recently updated (I know that the outside of the building was being painted on the day of my departure). One note: This hotel does not have an elevator so dragging my large baggage up a flight of stairs was not ideal, but manageable. The staff when I checked in was happy to help with my questions but when choosing a restaurant to go to in the area, the front desk woman simply pointed to the interactive screen. Altough I consider myself technically savvy, it would have been more helpful for a few pointers from the employee on where to dine. Will likely not stay there again because most of my appointments were near the airport and this was too long of a drive to be a central location.

Room Tip: Ask for room on first floor to avoid dragging luggage up and down stairs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Colleen R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
DEAR AM069
Thank you very much for the feedback that you provided. We have some new personell on our staff that we will share your feedback with. The Go Board really is a focal feature of the new courtyard lobby's that provides a lot of information of what's going on in the city, weather, airport gate information, local restaurants etc. etc. We will work on ensuring that all of the features are communicated clearly to everyone involved. Again I am thankful to you for your feedback.

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I chose this Courtyard because I like to try to stay in Courtyard by Marriott hotels for a number of reasons. This one met all of those, actually, so I have no complaint about my stay. It's been updated like the cityview location but still seems a little old, but I'm not sure why... just the style of the building, I guess. There is a nice size hotel pool at this location and there isn't a pool at the cityview, although there is a lovely putting green and patio area there. I will probably stay here again because the location is closer to my daughter's homes but I think that the high mid week prices aren't justified for this particular location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Colleen R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Kathleen B1997
I want to thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us as we value all opinions and take the feedback very seriously. Thank you for staying at our location during your visits to the TCU campus to see your son. I wanted to let you know that we have done some major improvements to our hotel throughout 2012 one of the first areas to note is that we have upgraded all of our exterior windows and we no longer has negative feedback regarding outside noise from those rooms. Also the hotel just completed a major rooms renovation as of 10/14 which included all new furnishings etc. and a wonderful 15 inch posturpedic mattress. So on your return to our hotel you will be able to see these wonderful improvements that we have made. Again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Southwest Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting my son, who lives nearby. As a business traveler, I stay at many Courtyards and this one met my expectations. The lobby has been renovated to reflect the new Courtyard motif, and they have added a cafe to now serve dinner, in addition to breakfast. But as one reviewer already noted, there are plentyof places to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner all within walking distance.

This is a convenient location, because of the closeness to restaurants, but also because it is close to TCU and the Fort Worth Zoo. Being adjacent to the river also means there is a beautiful walking/hiking/biking trail that is easily accessible to those who stay here.

Check in was quick and easy. The room was a typical Courtyard room, with a king size bed that I had requested. I thought the room was clean and I had no problems with spiders or any other insects in the room.

I did see where there is no elevator in this hotel. This is only the second Courtyard where I've stayed without an elevator; the other being in Atlanta. So if you are traveling with a lot of luggage, or you or someone else in your party needs access to an elevator, you should ask for a room on the first floor, or choose somewhere else to stay.

There have been some reviewers complaining about the train noise. Yes, this property is located very close to a major train yard with trains coming and going 24/7. And as required by law, they must blow their whistles when they are coming up on a traffic crossing. But my room faced the interior courtyard and with my air conditioner going, I never heard any train noise or whistles. Plus, when I checked in, the front desk agent told me they were upgrading all the windows to make them noise proof. I may have been in one of those recently renovated rooms. I don't know and I didn't ask.

Internet is free here. There was a big screen HDTV with plenty of HD channels to choose from. The lobby had free newspapers every day, including surprisingly, the rather big Sunday Fort Worth paper,

I will be back visiting my son and I will definitely stay at this place again. Just have to make sure it is not when TCU football is playing at home!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Tony PCT
Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. We are greatful to you for your business and I just wanted to hi light some recent changes we have made. We have replaced all of our exterior windows this past summer and it has made a big difference in the train noise. Also we have renovated all of our guestrooms to include all new carpet, paint, artwork etc. One of the items we are really proud of is all the new 15 inch posturpedic mattresses which promote an awesome nights sleep. The next time you are in town to visit your son at TCU you will be able to experience all of these changes.

Thank you again for staying with us we really appreciate your business.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stayed there on Marriott points, and it was worth what I paid. The rooms are a bit dark and the curtains had spiders in them. Otherwise, standard Marriott interior. The front desk staff was very friendly and took care of the spiders ASAP. Quiet and nice interior courtyard.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kanga Tex
I wanted to thank you for your comments regarding our hotel from may of this year. As of August 20th we have been busy updating all our guestrooms in the hotel. You will now experience a brand new guestrooms that has new carpet, paint , lighting and 15 inch posturpedic mattresses. We are very proud of our new rooms and hope that you will have an oppurtunity to come back and experience them in the near future.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is your typical Marriott Courtyard fare. Recently renovated rooms and lobby. Friendly staff. Rather quiet despite a major PGA tournament across the street kept the hotel full. No reason to complain about breakfast or drink quality and cost because there are so many places within walking distance. This property is an upscale part of Ft Worth, yet you are less than 6 miles from the Stockyards, downtown, and TCU, botanic gardens, art museum, Trinity Trails (for biking and running), and the rest of the cultural district. We used to stay in the Stockyard area or downtown, but the University area is where we will stay from now on.

Room Tip: Avoid all the traffic on University Drive by turning right instead of left from the parking lot, dri...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Best of the choices in the area, boy are the trains loud at night. Service is best part of stay

• Stayed May 2012
Dear TXexterminator
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at the fort worth university courtyard back in may. I wanted to take the time to update you on some of the improvements that we have been busy completing in the past several months. First of all we have replaced all of our exterior windows with thicker glass that buffers outside noise. Also we have been busy with renovating of all of our guestrooms and they have turned out beautiful. We now also have brand new 15 inch posturpedic mattresses that make for a very comfortable nights rest. So if you have the oppurtunity to stay at our hotel again in the near future I believe you will be very impressed with the improvements we have made.

Thank you so much for your feedback.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

This is a very modern hotel with a great indoor pool! Took the kids to the zoo the day we spent the night, and it is a short little drive to the hotel. Also, good little restaurants around as well! Will be back!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Emily 34331
I want to thank you for taking the time to review the fort worth university courtyard by marriott. From the comments that you have provided your stay was an enjoyable one which is very rewarding to hear. Our key focus is to take care of our guests that stay with us and provide them the very best experience that we can. I wanted to share with you also that our hotel has recently completed a total guestroom renovation. I hope that you have a reason to return to fort worth again in the future so that you can experience all the updates.

Again thank you for your comments we are very greatful to you for your time.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Worth University Drive? Share your experiences!