“Front desk friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Front desk friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Just spent the weekend at this hotel which was conveniently located to TCU and my daughter's apartment. The rooms were standard, an older hotel but updated, as was the free breakfast. What was outstanding was how friendly all of the front desk people were. One in particular was there practically 24/7 while we were there. I believe his name was Collin. He was super nice, addressed my entire family, and even remembered my name from when I first checked in. He made it a point to enjoy his job and in turn, made our stay very pleasant. He even apologized when he told us there wasn't an ice machine on our floor! Hey, he didn't design the hotel! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear CCTraveler56,
Thank you for taking the time to share your input regarding your experience. We value all feedback from our guests. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that my staff, in particular Collin, took care of your family while you were here. I will be sure to recognize him and pass on your feedback. We look forward to hosting your family again soon.

David M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very close to Texas Christian University and a nice shopping center. It's location is very good if you visiting a TCU student. Yet, if I was going to Fort Worth again, I would check out other hotel options.

The room was not impressive. The beds were not particularly comfortable and the furniture looked a little worn. The shampoo and conditioner that they give you is Pantene Pro-V which I thought was kind of odd; I haven't seen a hotel give samples of that out in years.

The service was ok. These are definitely not staff members who you could ask a favor from. They have a nice pool and a typical fitness room. Overall, I think this is the type of place that capitalizes on their location and therefore are able to charge more than their worth.

• Stayed December 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Vestlouisiana,
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that our location was convenient for your trip. Please accept my apologies that the rest of your stay did not exceed your expectations. Guest satisfaction is very important to us, and I'm saddened that we did not provide you with an exceptional stay. However, your comments will help us improve for the next guest. Please allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit to Fort Worth.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Quick trip needing to stay near hospital area. Our room was nice, people nice, service good, little noisey being next to I 30 and lots of lights on parking lot. I think next time will try for a room not overlooking the Macorini Grill and all the lights, the freeway noise was bad.. the breakfast good and met our needs.

Room Tip: avoid the I 30 side, the back side better, it is great location for business and hospital area but n...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We did not experience the noise problem noted by the last reviewer. We heard train and freeway noise outside the motel but not inside. My wife is a light sleeper so she likely would have noticed. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. Recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel on a business trip. The room was clean, staff was friendly, water temperature was great, and the bed was decently comfortable. The downside was that trains loudly ran by all night long. If you're a light sleeper, you'll want to pass on this place. Otherwise, it's a nice place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Hniki234,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth. I'm glad that you found my staff friendly and our beds comfortable. Please accept my apologies that you were unable to get a full night's rest. On future stays we'd be more than happy to place you on the side of the hotel away from the train tracks. Please allow us another opportunity to change your mind during your next trip to Fort Worth.

Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel is a family friendly location and I was pleased until I discovered that one of my outfits was missing. I had laid it out planning to wear it the next evening but, when we returned to our room that day, my skort and top were nowhere to be found. I reported it to the staff. The manager was on vacation and I was told that I would hear back. I did not. I have never had this happen before so not sure how it is typically handled. My guess is that a call back from the manager is a customary next step. We will not stay here again. If you do, don't take anything you want to keep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Suzy6450,
Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry to hear about your missing items. I understand how frustrating this would be. I have checked with my housekeeping staff and so far the items have not been found. My Assistant Manager did notify me that he has been in contact with you to keep you apprised of the situation. I assure you I do have your contact information and if we find them we will notify you right away.

irvine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn near to TCU to help our daughter move in to her dorm. From the greeting to our check out everything was fantastic. This hotel is rated 2 1/2 stars, but I would give the employees a 5 star. The breakfast was good and there was something for everyone. Coffee throughout the day and cookies in the late afternoon. Rooms were fine. My only problem would be the lighting. I like lots of light. Housekeeping was more than happy to accommodate us with extra's. Pool, jacuzzi and work out room were used by my family. Nice that the pool area from 10pm-12m is adults only. Our family will stay again.

Room Tip: From what I could see there probably isn't a bad room in the hotel. I personally don't like...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive? Share your experiences!