You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive to your Saves list
Ranked #37 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
Louisiana
“Noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel on a business trip. The room was clean, staff was friendly, water temperature was great, and the bed was decently comfortable. The downside was that trains loudly ran by all night long. If you're a light sleeper, you'll want to pass on this place. Otherwise, it's a nice place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Hniki234,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth. I'm glad that you found my staff friendly and our beds comfortable. Please accept my apologies that you were unable to get a full night's rest. On future stays we'd be more than happy to place you on the side of the hotel away from the train tracks. Please allow us another opportunity to change your mind during your next trip to Fort Worth.

David M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel is a family friendly location and I was pleased until I discovered that one of my outfits was missing. I had laid it out planning to wear it the next evening but, when we returned to our room that day, my skort and top were nowhere to be found. I reported it to the staff. The manager was on vacation and I was told that I would hear back. I did not. I have never had this happen before so not sure how it is typically handled. My guess is that a call back from the manager is a customary next step. We will not stay here again. If you do, don't take anything you want to keep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Suzy6450,
Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry to hear about your missing items. I understand how frustrating this would be. I have checked with my housekeeping staff and so far the items have not been found. My Assistant Manager did notify me that he has been in contact with you to keep you apprised of the situation. I assure you I do have your contact information and if we find them we will notify you right away.

irvine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn near to TCU to help our daughter move in to her dorm. From the greeting to our check out everything was fantastic. This hotel is rated 2 1/2 stars, but I would give the employees a 5 star. The breakfast was good and there was something for everyone. Coffee throughout the day and cookies in the late afternoon. Rooms were fine. My only problem would be the lighting. I like lots of light. Housekeeping was more than happy to accommodate us with extra's. Pool, jacuzzi and work out room were used by my family. Nice that the pool area from 10pm-12m is adults only. Our family will stay again.

Room Tip: From what I could see there probably isn't a bad room in the hotel. I personally don't like...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bellville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed here during a horse show event; when we walked in the lobby was packed with a group checking. A clerk took us to the side and checked us in without making us wait. Nice touch and good service. Very clean, well kept. Much better than the Residence Inn down the street that we stayed in the rest of our visit. Next time will stay here for the entire stay. Very close to Will Rogers. Breakfast so-so; average.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Allyson P,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive. I am especially glad to hear that, although we had a group in house, you did not feel ignored. We hope to see you again the next time you find yourself in the area.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The room was very clean. It was overlooking the train tracks, and although I am a light sleeper, I was never disturbed by any noise. You can occasionally hear a train horn but nothing dramatic. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast offerings were varied and adequate. Good coffee. Although more expensive than other hotels I looked at, you can't beat it for its convenience to Fort Worth attractions and IH-30. We were able to get to everything we wanted to easily and quickly. We also never had to park far from the hotel entrance at any time of the day. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends. The only negative is that the pool is small.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
David M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hello b00kw0rm57,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our hot breakfast and coffee. As you noted, our location is really beneficial to everyone looking for things to do in Fort Worth. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you as our guest again soon.
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our room was fine, as with any other Fairfield I have visited. The location next to train tracks is one reason I won't stay here again. Every time I fell asleep a train would pass and wake me. The parking lot is next to the pancake house where I saw a few shady dealings and the fence blocking the underside of the overpass makes it seem like loiterers may have hung out there. We did not have any bad incidents but the lot was not as secure-feeling as I would have liked. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel itself was just fine but the noise and lot will keep me away in the future.

• Stayed May 2013
David M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and kind words about our beds and staff. We are blessed with a location with so many restaurants and attractions from the Fort Worth Zoo and the Botanical Gardens to the Stockyards and Trinity Park. Unfortunately, this area is also treated to the occasional train noise. We apologize the noise interfered with your rest. Please know we would be happy to move any guest when possible to a different room that may experience less noise. Again, thank you for your input. I hope you will allow us another chance next time you find yourself in Forth Worth.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We selected this Fairfield property based on its convenient location to the TCU campus as well as the fact that I am a Marriott Rewards member. Check in was very efficient and friendly.

Our room was supplied with a coffee maker, microwave and small refrigerator. All pluses. A complimentary breakfast is served with a fairly wide selection of offerings including hot items. The property also has an indoor swimming pool and small business center.

This Fairfield is located within walking distance of several restaurants as well as an attractive shopping center across the street. Ingress and egress to/from the property is a bit funky, but after awhile, one can figure out how to access the place off of South University.

The only drawback is the noise factor. This Fairfield is close to a major rail line and I did hear guests above me clopping around.

This is not a luxury property, however, for the money this property is well located in a nice area with many amenities, both internal to the Fairfield as well as external to its surrounding neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
David M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty as a Marriott Rewards Member and for staying at the Fort Worth Fairfield Inn & Suites - University. We appreciate your business and feedback regarding your experience.

We acknowledge your input regarding the noisy guests above and the tracks. Your advice for a high floor is spot on for those who may sleep a little lighter. As you mentioned, we are happy to provide several amenities including free WI-FI, fridges and microwaves and complimentary breakfast and are lucky to have numerous attractions and restaurants around us. I am glad you were able to take advantage of all of these. We hope to have the pleasure of having you back as a guest again soon.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Worth University Drive? Share your experiences!