“One of the most accommodating staff around.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20)

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20)
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4609 City Lake Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76132   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #61 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
Newport Beach, California
“One of the most accommodating staff around.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I travel quite a bit and pretty much spend my year at hotels. At this particular location, I pretty much spent the month there. All this for business. If I am in an area, I try to create somewhat of a home base, so having a friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and engaging staff is quite important to me. They definitely made me feel at ease with where I was staying, as well as, give me a sense of having a home away from home. Friendly faces that welcomed me and chatted with me as not just a guest, but as one would do with their group of friends. A standout was the front desk girl, Abbey... Always with a smile and ready to help... The hotel room was always clean, so kudos to the cleaning staff . Alongside all that the staff made the long hotel stay enjoyable, even so much I did not want to leave to go on my further travels. I will always use this location when I am in town.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the front of the hotel have a little nicer view of the area. The ones facing the re...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Abbey W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20), responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad that you decided to spend your extended time in Fort Worth with us, and even more pleased that you felt at home! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Deming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to NY. This was a last minute decision since we were very tired and needed a place to stay. Rooms were clean and comfortable and we were treated with great customer service. The rooms were clean and breakfast was not bad. The cinnamon rolls were great with coffee. There was a selection of fruit which we found great to have choices.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is our second stay here and overall this hotel is very nice. Large clean rooms and good breakfast. However, wishing to relax after a long day of travel we were horrified by the number of black crickets swimming around the pool - about twenty. There was also so much dirt floating on top of the water along with leaves and cigarette butts. We promptly informed the front desk so it will be interesting to see how quickly they fix this problem. I am not sure for this reason that we would stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This Hotel is central to the Texas Harris Methodist Hospital and this section of Fort Worth Shopping district. Next Door is an I HOP great breakfasts, and next to A really good Steak house.

Do really shop the rate you pay, it can vary from $92 to over $200 for the same room.
It is corporate managed Hotel so the rates are set at head office.
The staff are really nice, they have a decent free breakfast as well.
Wouls stay there again.

Room Tip: I just dropped in an negotiated at the counter. I would book ahead on line next time to maximise the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Granville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the first week of May, Thursday and Friday. Everything was all right, except that the pricing was confusing. I signed in at what I thought was $153 per night. We decided that that was too much for 4 nights, so we checked out on Sunday morning. The bill came to $310.50, but I saw that the second night was billed at $117. The rest was city and state tax. I assumed that every night was going to be $153. I understand now that this was spelled out in the fine print of the paper I signed.
Well, it seems to me that if the other nights after the first one were going to be less, the desk agent would have pointed that out, so as to keep us there.
Fine room, excellent beds (maybe 2 queens were too much for the space). Location is off I-20, but walking anywhere is difficult as there are few sidewalks out here.
I was also told the the $153 was a special rate. Holiday Inn is too rich for my blood.

Room Tip: Get a price on a room for every night you will be there.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20), responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Michael E,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased that you found our rooms to be excellent. We always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry you were not properly informed about the rate changes during your stay. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Property and location was excellent. When we checked in we were asked for a card for "incidentals:" We gave them our debit card not thinking about it.. knowing we wouldn't charge anything here. The next day our card was declined because Holiday Inn charged a 250.00 hold on the card. When I called to ask them to release it they told me it was standard operating procedure because we booked our hotel (prepaid) with a 3rd party (hotels.com).

They wouldn't release it until we checked out and then it took two days for the money to show up in our account. 250.00 that we had planned on spending on tourism in Dallas. I will not book another HI Express because of this. I shouldn't be penalized for prepaying through another website. What am I going to do go and pawn the TV and the clock radio for cash?

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20), responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Brian L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

IHG, along with most other major hotel companies, utilizes credit and debit card authorizations as a standard practice. An authorization hold amount, in some situations, may be up to the total amount of your room and tax charges for your entire stay, including incidentals.

The issuing bank/credit card company governs the release of an authorization hold, and the release time varies according to each company's individual policies. Some banks recommend against the use of a debit card for travel purposes, as this practice is common within the travel industry.

Ben J
IHG Care
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

For shopping & dining you couldn't find a better location. Nearly anything you could want within 1-3 minutes drive. Huge Super Target with Starbucks just a few hundred yards away. Bed was at least better than avg comfort and AC worked very good. Now the shower & TV is another story. Shower had huge pressure but water came out with needle piercing force, & there was no adjustment. A bath is a better option for our room at least . TV was decent enough flat screen, but signal was analog, & not very sharp. This hotel did have the rent before released on DVD & Netflix feature for $15.99 which we might have done if picture quality would have been better. Pool was outdoors only & too cold for March, but it looked well maintained. We did have a pretty good view of the little reservoir next to property. There was a walking path & benches etc.The comp breakfast had a huge selection from eggs, bacon, biscuits, sausage gravy, to cereal & pancakes. There was a staff member there the whole time keeping it maintained, but alas the quality was avg at best. If you want a real breakfast there is an IHOP a minutes walk across parking lot. Overall it was a good stay & noise level was not bad considering you were in the middle of all the retail areas.

• Stayed March 2012
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20), responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Dear Firetiger,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20). Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. We would like to express our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience this has invariably caused you.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth (I-20)? Share your experiences!