“Nice but thin walls!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #84 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice but thin walls!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel since we did not want to stay in downtown Ft. Worth for an event at the convention center. We got an excellent price for the hotel on their website. The hotel is very easy to get to off of the highway.

This hotel appears to be very new and is in excellent condition. Our king size bed was very comfortable and there is a large flat screen TV in the room. The bathroom was large and had a very large bathtub. We had a pull-out sofa as well as a fridge and microwave.

My two main problems with the hotel were the noise and the temperature of the water in the shower. The walls seem to be pretty thin....our first night we could hear almost everything going on in the room next to ours. I am a light sleeper so I did have trouble sleeping. When we went to take a shower in the morning, the water was luke warm at best. I think the hotel might be trying to save money with keeping the temperature low. We had the shower on full blast hot and it still felt barely warm. After about 20 minutes the water will start to get hot, but I think that defeats the purpose!

There are no restaurants near the hotel although down the street there is a putt-putt and arcade facility. It is also about 10 minutes from the mall. (There is a shopping center across the street from the mall that had an excellent Asian restaurant!)

I don’t think I would stay at this hotel again despite the value. I thought they had an excellent breakfast bar but I really need to be able to sleep when I go out of town. If you are a heavy sleeper, then this hotel will be great for you! :)

• Liked — Location and it was cheap!
  • Disliked — Noise & lack of hot water
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

What can I say, amazing! The hotel was the most clean and amazing hotel I have ever stayed at. My career as a journalist takes me all around the world to different hotels, but this is by far the best ever! Everything seems so new! They even have the newest holiday inn exprees sign! You have go there. You just have to!

• Liked — the great guest service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2006

We were supposed to be staying in downtown Ft. Worth but the reviews of that hotel were horrible. We stayed at the HI Express on Cherry Lane as a last minute alternative. The rooms were very clean, the bathroom was very clean, (my biggest pet peeve is a dirty bathroom) and the beds had clean, crisp linen and an asst. of pillows. We rested well. They served free continental breakfast however they did offer hot items (cheese omelets, bacon, etc). This saved us having to go out and spend money on breakfast. We were able to do other things with the money saved. My kids loved the sweets they had at the front desk (cheesecake bites). Staff was friendly. The only thing is that the walls are a bit thin so you could hear people walking on the floor above. Great value for the price.

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth West? Share your experiences!