“The service is good, but nothing exceptional” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #82 of 104 Hotels in Fort Worth
Vercelli, Italy
“The service is good, but nothing exceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel was recently renovated, where the rooms are very spacious and were present the bed, a sofa with a coffee table and a desk. They are equipped with satellite TV, air conditioner, microwave and refrigerator.
The cleaning of the rooms is good, even if the carpet is not the best hygiene. The cleanliness of the bathroom is decent and the hot had several stains.
Breakfast is served on the ground floor, is buffet style and offers a choice quite varied.
It 'also has a gym, minimum size, so if you use it for a while you have a little' of claustrophobia.
My stay was in winter, so I couldn't use the swimming pool, located outdoors on the back of the hotel.
Only note on the hotel staff. Alternated several people at the reception and not all have been educated and available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth West, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear glenphy,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness and breakfast.

However, We’re sorry you received poor customer service which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Corpus Christi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have stayed at quite a few hotels in this area. They have all been helpful and friendly. I think this hotel surprised me. It is older and off 30 just a bit more. I wasn't sure how well maintained it would be. They have done a very nice job of remodeling and maintaining this hotel. Do not be worried at all. It is nice and quite, and they go out of their way to supply a plentiful breakfast, even when just a few guests are staying there. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, and the staff helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for three nights this past weekend. I picked this hotel because we were in town visiting friends and it is located only about two miles from their house. Everything was great at the hotel from the time we checked in on Friday until we checked out Monday morning. The shower curtain had a liner that snapped onto the other part of the curtain and it had become unsnapped and we couldn't fix it. When we left to visit our friends we reported the issue to the front desk clerk and when we returned in a couple hours the curtain was fixed. The room was clean and the breakfast was hot and good and had a nice variety. Would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2012
Flushing, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

It is great hotel. very comfortable location It is very close to my Business. Great staff particular Manager. Great wireless & wired internet, room very nice & clean. No problem at all. Breakfast lady so nice with us. she brought the food on the Table Front Desk girl so nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The room was clean and it smelled nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful because I needed help finding nearby restaurants and shopping malls. The internet was really fast unlike other hotels I've stayed at. I honestly do not have a single complaint about this holiday inn express. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have stayed in several hotels over the years due to my business. This is the great hotel, great location. Room are very clean, staff was so friendly, Great breakfast and Wi-Fi internet works great no problems whatsoever. They have both wired and wireless!

Room Tip: Third floor is great
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Des Plaines, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My sister and I came to this hotel to attend a family members funeral. When I stay at this type of hotel my expectations are for a clean property, a good breakfast and a friendly, helpful staff. For the most part I was not disappointed but I did have a few problems. The Breakfast Bar was not as well maintained as at other properties I had visited. It may have been because the hotel was not very full at the time. Also, the pool maintenance could have been better. You should not see a lot of dead bugs floating on the water, especially at 11:00AM. Other than that everything was as expected. Even though I am a Priority Club Platinum member I was not offered an upgrade to a pool view room. These are the only rooms that have a balcony and they also overlook the pool (room numbers ending in 07,09,11,19,21 and 23). I probably should have requested an upgrade at check-in but I had other things on my mind. Considering the hotel was not very full it would have been a nice gesture. There is a Hampton Inn within 1 mile of this hotel and if and when I go back I will probably stay there.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms that overlook the pool end in 07,09,11,19,21 and 23 except for 323.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth West? Share your experiences!