“Very Surprised” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2540 Meacham Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #50 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Winnie, Texas
“Very Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have to say, I was very Surprised. They had a few "conventions" going on at one time. I was worried about the noise and so many people. Actually, The staff was over the top. It was very quiet. Our room was very clean and smelled fresh. ( I am very picky about a smell ) I will rebook here my next visit. I did not get a chance to bar area or breakfast but the fountain made for very nice lobby. I wish I had time to grab a chair and read. I was on business but next time will rebook for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floors, no road noise, no people noise. Very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The place looks on the smaller end when you are driving up, but when inside it is a lot bigger than you would think. They have a great lobby area with a fountain and plenty of seating to meet up with people.

Checking in was super fast, thanks to Sean the Sales Manager who was at the front desk as we walked in. When we set up the reservation we mentioned it was our 7 year wedding anniversary and it turns out he upgraded us to a suite and put chocolate covered strawberries and 2 glasses of wine on the living room table. This type of service is what will make me talk about this property for a long time to come.

On the way to the room everyone from the maids to the maintenance guys said "Good Afternoon" or "Thanks for staying with us" and even "Have a wonderful stay". This was all in one quick walk from the front desk to the room. The halls are long so we passed a bunch of people. GREAT SERVICE.

The suite was really nice. You walk in and you have a living area with a couch and love seat, large table and big flat screen TV. Then in a separate room you have the bedroom with another flat screen, another love seat and the Sleep Number bed (I will mention this a little later). The bathroom was probably the largest once I have been in at a hotel in a LONG time. So once we got our settled into the room, we met some friends for dinner at the hotel.

The dinner was in a banquet room and the food was prepared by the executive chef at the hotel. Everything we ate was just amazing and I was thinking about it all night. My favorite dish was the play on chicken and waffles. The chicken was cooked perfectly, and the waffle had a touch of orange zest and blue cheese. To top it off he had something on the plate that I have never had before which was a chicken fried hard boiled egg. I didn't know what to think at first, but once you crunch into it and then taste that egg, I think it is something everyone should try at least once. SUPER WONDERFUL DINNER. Thanks Chef !!!

From dinner we went to Cassidy's (in the hotel and I will review separately) for drinks and a bunch-o-dancing. We ended up meeting Laura who is the Group Sales Manager for the hotel and she was wearing cowboy boots, which she mentioned she borrowed from a friend of hers. For not owning cowboy boots she was dancing pretty good.

Cut to 230am, my wife and I were the very last people to leave Cassidy's. There in the lobby we saw Sean the sales manager again and he had a great idea. Since none of their food options were open that last, he mentioned the McDonald's across the street is open 24 HOURS. I remember having a chicken sandwich and a salad, then we headed to the room after a while. We went back to the room and once we figured out the Sleep Number bed we went right to sleep. It was a great night and I will always remember this hotel from the moment we stepped foot in the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel which I found out is only a few minutes from the Stockyards if you are in the area. If you see Sean or Laura at the hotel, tell them I say HI!!!!

Room Tip: Book room 124, it is the suite. It is right by the elevators and door to outdie so it is tons easier...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Abilene, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This Radisson knows how to take your reservation and money but that's about it. They had major overbooking problems, and their solution was free drink cards while you wait in the bar with your luggage. (Both of our rooms were occuppied - one with a naked man and the other with plastic sheeting, duct tape and piles of dirty laundry.) We were "comped" for our sub-par rooms and given a free breakfast (like typical free breakfasts anywhere else) - but this did not make up for ruining our evening with an almost two hour wait. I could go on and on - drunk students, EMTS, police interogations in the lobby, disco music - all the while the owner was on the premises and seemed to be more concerned about looking good than how his hotel was ran.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ian G, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear C.E.,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We take the satisfaction of our guests very seriously and it's obvious we did not meet your expectations. The appropriate departments have been made aware of your experience to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

As you mentioned, we were extremely busy, but that's no excuse for what happened at check-in. The emergency services personnel were called to handle some students that had "crashed" the party and I do apologize for any distress that may have caused.

If you'll give us another try the next time your in Fort Worth we'd love the opportunity to show you the experiences of your last visit are the exception rather than the rule. Once again, thank you for your feedback as it helps us improve our product and services.

Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime I may be of assistance.
Crosby, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel has the friendliest most accomodating staff I have ever encountered! Not sure why this hotel is not one of the top 10 in Fort Worth. We chose this hotel because they had the best price in the area we needed plus our rate included free breakfast which was amazing. This was not your typical hotel breakfast buffet -- it included eggs 2 ways, bacon and sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, fresh fruit bar, cereal and assorted pastries. Plus the morning waitstaff never let our drinks get empty. The room and bathroom was super clean plus the air conditioner would cool below 70 degrees -- we like a nice cold room at night for sleeping. There were extra blankets and towels in the room when we arrived -- almost like the staff read our minds. Can not tell you how many times we book a room for 2 adults and 1 child only to find two towels in the bathroom at check-in! The hotel had an indoor pool, cafe, lobby bar and nightclub so after a long day at the BMX track, we could get anything we needed without leaving the hotel. Overall our stay was amazing -- I can not say enough about how great the staff is at this hotel. We have to be in Dallas the first weekend in August and I am seriously considering a stay in Fort Worth and driving the extra miles to our destination just so I can stay at the Radisson again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Burleson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Mr. Harrison,

I appreciate your note. Your Sr. Group Sales Manager, Laura Renfro, and her staff took care of my 26 guests in a wonderful fashion. Many of these guests were from Europe and the warm, friendliness and helpfulness of the front desk staff, wait staff, and the van drivers were in top form. I have no complaints, only praise. I heard many compliments for your hotel also from my company's guests.

I hope to enjoy the opportunity to stay in your Fort Worth Fossil Creek property again in the future.

Peggy Petton
Sr. Marketing Research Manager
Virbac US
Ft. Worth, Texas

Room Tip: If you need assistance with any arrangements, just let the group sales manager, Laura Renfro, know a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tulsa, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We initially booked this hotel because they offered a room with a sleep number bed and my fiance and I were really wanting to try that for our bed at home, so we thought this would be a great trial. When we checked in we were given a room key and as we walked in, I could clearly tell it was a regular mattress. I called the front desk and she gave me an oops and said that she had another room with the Sleep number. I asked if they could check before we moved everything again, and she called back and said that she was mistaken, and that they no longer offered the sleep number beds. BUMMER! I let her know my disappointment and she offered us a free breakfast buffet. I asked if we could make it dinner, as we are not big breakfast people and she said they could not. Our bed was still very comfortable, much better than at home. We had breakfast the next morning (the buffet was all cold and rubbery) and went on our way. They sent me an online survey which I told them what happened, and the GM messaged me back to tell me that the front desk was miss-informed, that they DID still have sleep numbers, and that he would give me a room upgrade with a sleep number at my next stay, as well as free breakfast. I’m totally fine with it, sucks we were told the wrong info, but things happen and I thought that was great customer service. Also, SHOUTOUT to the awesome shuttle driver! We came in town for the Billy Currington concert at Billy Bob’s (AH-mazing concert) and we got a free ride to-from there. I can’t remember his name but he was a younger black guy in grad school-he was AWESOME you all are lucky to have him. We also went to this hidden little club area behind the bar after the show and had an awesome time-met some great people. I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: If they try to say they do not have Sleep number beds, ask them to check again :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Northvale, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I found the hotel to be very nice and convenient. I especially found the hotel staff to be very helpful and courteous. the hotel was conveniently located to FWY 35 and there were also a couple of restaurants near by. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek? Share your experiences!