“Stay At The Radisson Hotel In Fort Worth” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek

You added Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2540 Meacham Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #47 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
Davie, Florida
“Stay At The Radisson Hotel In Fort Worth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

It was much more than I expected. The hotel lobby is spacious and vast, centered with a bubbling fountain. Despite the late check in hour, the front desk staff were friendly and helpful -- the right blend of personality and professionalism.

At dinner, the restaurant staff also had a similar attentive attitude. The food was unquestionably good. The next morning, the staff expressed a similar attitude, making sure there was enough coffee. Try the buffet. It is cost effective and quick. The food is fresh and tasted good.

The room and bathroom were clean and had a fresh feeling. Best of all, the air conditioning system was relatively quiet (compared to other hotels I've stayed in), and kept the room temperature comfortable.

As for the location, it all depends on where you are going. For me, it was conveniently located near my business meeting.

The hotel's appearance and upkeep reflected an efficient operation with, what is evidently, a caring management and staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at Radisson Ft Worth Fossil Creek and the group we were with misread the reservation, but Vicki Mitchell was the most attentive and got us a room. After that Sherry Harper, Director of Catering, offered us anything we needed. The conference rooms were the temperature that is was outside. The food was excellent at all of the cafes and the conference rooms. The room was okay, but it really needs a renovation, as everything is tight. I would give this hotel 3 and a half stars. I highly recommend the food at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This hotel is away from everything, expect to drive to find ANY thing you need. The rooms were very small and double beds were very uncomfortable. The room did have a fridge and microwave. The check in desk was quite a distance from guest elevators. The tub would not drain and toilet pressure for flushing was non existent. The staff were typical hotel staff, not overly friendly but not rude. I had high expectations for this hotel and they were not met. I have stayed in Radisson Hotels in the past and they are not what they used to be.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Orange Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was our first time at the Radisson at Fossil Creek and right from the beginning we had a wonderful experience. Booking a group can often be difficult but these folks have it together. Their Sales Manager, Teri Hensley was cheerful and one of the most helpful sales agents we have ever worked with. As our group arrived from different areas of the country they found the front desk personnel efficient and accommodating even when bus loads arrived. We would like to give a special thank you to Vickie, at the front desk, she was super! The hotel in general was clean and everyone working there always had a cheerful smile and hello. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Also a big hats off to Justin Harman at the Main Street Cafe who was not only a great waiter but made our dining experience fun, fun, fun! The breakfast buffet was very good and plentyfull. Other meals were also great and my husband wants to go back just to have more Shrimp Coctail! This location was convenient to the Down Town area as well as the Convention Center. You all get a big thumbs up from our group.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Moore, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We chose this hotel because it WAS on Billy Bob's website. Ugh! What a mistake. The shuttle that was suppose to run to and from the bar only took you there and when your nice and tipsy... Find your own way back.
Check in was terrible, my reservation was canceled by someone in our group cause they showed an ID - WOW! That's security for you.
Room service brought you food with no condiments or silverware!
If you sat on the bottom half of the bed, it would flip up. No wild party in there for me! Ha! I heard the whole conversation the guy was having upstairs from us in the morning. Who knew he was part owner of Billy Bobs (just kidding - he acted like it)
No one seemed to care about the small complaints at the no-tell motel. I wouldn't recommend it.
The place was odd. Strange. And too many "I don't know why he/she said that's". Check out has now turned into a nightmare. The canceled reservation has now turned into a charge you double reservation and I'm waiting for a refund. Sad, sad vacation this turned out to be.
Thank you Allysa Dye for being such a great spirit. She is the only person in that place that knows what customer service is all about. She better leave before she loses it.

• Stayed November 2012
Rick H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
I want to thnk you taking the time to post a review about our hotel though it is a bit harsh. I want to personally apologize for the reservation issues and for the billing issues that followed. I know those are real inconveniences. It seems in this case that the individual who canceled your reservation had quite a bit of knowledge about the reservation and turned out to be your nephew. We should have tried to contact you.

As for the shuttle, it only runs until midnight and unfortunately, if our guests are out after that time, we are unable to pick them up. Still.....ot sounds like you were not informed of this.

Finally, you are correct about Alyssa Dye....she is a gem and a great associate. I truly wish you would give our hotel another chance as we have a great reputation with Billy Bob guests and are ranked very high in ther Radisson brand in Texas. Feel free to contact me personally to make your next reservation and I will make sure you get the VIP treatment you deserve.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently attended a conference in downtown Fort Worth which pretty much sold out the city. My group required several rooms and was able to get a very decent rate on a 3rd party booking site in which you do not know the hotel you are booking until your bid is accepted.

Once we secured our rooms, I looked on Tripadvisor to see what type of feedback the hotel had been receiving and there were some very mixed reviews. The hotel is just off the highway in a very industrial area just a block or so from a gentlemen's club and next door to a liquor store. There is a Cracker Barrel and McDonalds across the street from the hotel along with several other small hotels if you aren't in the mood for hotel food.

The front lobby smelled a little musty - maybe from the water feature in the middle of the public area. The front desk was quite busy upon arrival and the young man that checked my group in was very accommodating with our room type requests. There was a very nice young man that insisted on helping us up to the 4th floor with our bags.

Our room was clean and but was in bad need of a renovation. The bathroom door would not close at all because the building had settled. The bath tube held water as you are taking a shower. The bedding and carpet was worn.

The restaruant serves a breakfast buffet daily for $8.95. Food was ok. We made the mistake of of assuming that they had shuttle service based on the information that the website we used to book gave. When we tried to make arrangements, we were told oh no, that's a mistake, we do not provide shuttle service to the stockyards.

Overall our stay was average - if it weren't for the two guys that we encountered going above and beyond during check-in, I would have gave a lesser score based on the hotel itself. I probably would not stay here again with so many other options.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for taking time to post a review of our hotel. I am so sorry that you encountered issues with the tub not draining and the condition of the bathroom door. I realize it is the little things like that which add up to make the stay less enjoyable.

We misinformed you about our shuttle as we do take our guests to the Stockyards. I am using your review as a training tool for my front office associates. This was truly our mistake and I apologize for the mis-information and inconvenience.

If you will contact me personally before your next stay, I will personally inspect your room and will make sure your breakfast is complimentary. My way of letting you know that I really do care about each and every customer's stay experience.
Dripping Springs, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Rick-

We had a great stay at the Radisson Fort Worth Fossil Creek and all staff were excellent. In particular, your desk staff was perfectly attentive and the shuttle service personnel were prompt, courteous, and helpful. Also, we appreciate your accommodating the folks coming to the Texas Gun Collectors Association meeting with a very reasonable package. We plan to be with you all next year.

Very respectfully yours,

Charles

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I can't thank you enough for the great compliments you hav given our staff!!!! I share these reviews with my staff so that they can hear directly from our guests how they are doing. I am very proud to say that I have some of the best hotel associoates in the city of Fort Worth. The shuttle can be tricky with only one shuttle bus and I am so glad to har that you had a great experience. again, thank you and I hope to see you back at the Radisson Fossil Creek for next years gun show!

Been to Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek? Share your experiences!