“Great Staff and accomadations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek

You added Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2540 Meacham Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #57 of 104 Hotels in Fort Worth
Hideaway, Texas, United States
“Great Staff and accomadations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We arrived for a 2 day stay and had requested 2 beds on first floor due to my husband having broken his hip 8 weeks prior. We arrived and found it was a king bed BUT no problem. The staff immediately located what we needed, kept our bags until ready and THEN the clerk actually took our bags to the room and made sure everything was OK. Wonderfull caring service. We did have a dinner there (good food and well presented) for about 50 people.
The lobby was very nice and the rooms were spacious, clean and modern. We would highly reccomend to anyone visiting the area. It is near most of the sites for tourists and easily located.

Room Tip: Corner suites and first floor rooms seem to be larger and quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and as soon as we arrived the staff were very helpful
Their local knowledge helped us decide where to go shopping and the hotel free courtesy bus to anywhere local is a great idea

• Stayed September 2011
Baarn, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Stayed here one night. Rooms bit outdated, but again clean and comfortable. Staff at day of arrival not very friendly. In te afternoon and morning better. All facilities are there; business center, swimming pool, bar, parking space. It's more a business hotel. There is shuttle service towards Fort Worth.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Rtizville,WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

At first glance this was a very nice hotel, and then I went to my room which looked like a construction zone. There was about a 12 inch in diameter mildew spot above the toilet in the bathroom, dirty bathtub, the bathtub wouldn't drain, ink stains on the comforter, and who knows what kind of stains on the pillow case as well as the chair & ottoman, not to mention the carpet molding was torn completely away from the wall & lying on the floor. The staff was very friendly, apologetic & hospitable. I was moved to another room right away, this room was a little better, however a staff member probably should of inspected it before assigning it to an already dissatisfied guest, the garbage under the bed, used toothpick on the bed and crazy ac system were not quite the welcoming touch one would like when staying at a hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
rdsmithjr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. On behalf of the entire staff at the Radisson Fossil Creek, I would like to appologize for the problems that you encountered. We will use your comments to improve our operations in the hopes that the quality that is expected is the quality delivered to all of our guests.

Ritzville, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

This hotel is the biggest piece of recycled garbage I have been in for many years. There is a SIGNIFICANT mold problem here that is either being overlooked or not properly addressed. Though I have to say the house keeping and front desk staff did everything to try to accomodate us there were multiple people at my conference who were having severe reactions to the mold in the HVAC system and in the walls of the rooms. My coworker had severe reactions and spent most of her free time being miserable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
North Richland Hills, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We went to this hotel as a Romantic Getaway, and that package. We arrived to a fair sized room with a King bed that was in the same shape as Henry VIII. Horrid, weak, springs broken, and it STUNK of i don't know what. Got moved to another room, as our package called for a comfort king (air pillow). Much smaller room (hard to pass one another side by side). Fortunately, I didn't unpack before I pulled the sheets back. I was stunned. The bed had been slept in! The sheets had not been changed, but simply had the coverlet pulled up. There were hairs (and I'm not talking long ponytail hairs!) all over the sheets. I nearly puked. I was ready to pack up and go across the street to Holiday Inn. I called and left message for management. They clearly don't work weekends. Our wonderful girl at the counter helped us. She came in to look and her face turned green like mine did. She moved us to a suite room and checked the bed first!
Not real impressed beyond that however. The glasses were only wiped out (prints and lipstick left over) and the commodes were not sanitized. I'm not sure that anything was truly cleaned really.
Wanting to wash the 'filth' off after we finally got settled in, I went to the shower and decided to go lock the door first. Hubby was already IN the shower. As I rounded the corner...there is a woman standing in my room, having just set down a tray of champagne and strawberries. I hadn't gotten into the bathroom yet, so I know she didn't knock but simply keyed her way into the room. While I was speechless and in total shock, she looked at me like 'what's your problem lady'? Amazing!
Housekeeping started beating the door at 830am!!! EIGHT THIRTY!!!! And then again at 1030 and again at 1130, all 3 having key in hand. Our check out time was 2pm, extended time, package deal. Do they not KNOW these things!? Worst, they knocked (at least THEY knocked!) while accessing the keypad. Disgraceful!! Note to guests. LOCK THAT LOCK before you turn your back! I have never been so mortified in my life.
We did get a dinner courtesy of our desk girl and a couple drinks, and we had breakfast tickets as part of our package. Save that $$ on breakfast. Cracker Barrel is across the street and you'll have a much nicer meal for the same money. They might even deliver, who knows!
The beds don't have working controls in the 2 rooms we had them in, and the thermostats didn't work in either room so we were at the mercy of the wall units, which cranked and ground their way to 'cool', fortunately.
Even for all of that and the upgrade, I really don't think I will stay there again.
On the UP side...it didn't have cockroaches and our desk staff was amazing and oh so friendly!!

Room Tip: Be Precise, make SURE they know what you purchased WHEN at check-in!! Don't blow it off if it...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Medellin, Colombia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I hesitate to trash this hotel because the management was very nice and helpful, as was every other staff member I met staying here. However, the hotel is really dirty and nasty and I will not only not stay here again, I will never stay in any Radisson again after this. The chain clearly needs to have better standards for its affiliates. This hotel is cursed with ancient carpeting, scuffed up elevators, a fitness room whose equipment doesn't work and is smeared with sticky God knows what, a very mediocre $10 breakfast that is entirely self-served, including the coffee, only to have a waiter come place the bill at your table, after which you have to tip -- so you're basically tipping for him bringing the bill (inserted into a sticky dirty check folder). I was afraid to swim in the pool. Outside grounds are littered with cigarettes. Towels had holes in them. Maids come late & blast music as they clean and talk on the phone... and there are always dirty dishes outside guest rooms in the hallways. Just the whole place has a really low-rent feel. Now if the rooms were $60 a night, I'd understand all this, but they're about $100. Which puts them on par with Holiday Inn and other chains which are by comparison immaculate, and with good (free) breakfasts. I actually left.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experiences. On behalf of the entire staff of the Radisson Fossil Creek, I would like to appologize for the problems you encountered. We will be using your comments to improve our operations in the hopes that the quality that is expected of us is the quality that is delivered to all of our guests.

Front Office Manager

Been to Radisson Hotel Ft Worth - Fossil Creek? Share your experiences!