“We enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa

You added Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1701 Commerce St., Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #62 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
Shawnee, Kansas
“We enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for four nights during our spring break trip to Fort Worth. The only true negatives are 1) the parking situation...a $20-25 per night charge is pretty excessive, in my opinion. We worked around it by parking at the free meters at night and a couple blocks away for $3 during the day. 2) like other hotels, if you grab anything to eat at the coffee stand, gift shop, etc., you will pay an outrageous amount. Our room was nice, certainly will need updates soon, but it was just fine. Staff is excellent. We requested alternative pillows and a box fan in the room for some "white noise" at night and both requests were quickly fulfilled.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CHaeberle, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
We're happy you chose to stay with us on your recent Spring Break trip. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, and for the kind words about our team. We hope you'll visit us again the next time you're in Fort Worth!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed here for a Conference for three nights. The hotel is located within walking distance of the Conference centre, the JFK statue and downtown Ft Worth. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The bedroom was spacious and comfortable but a bit cold with the A/C on. The buffet breakfast was very nice with an extensive range on offer. The food in the bar is good if you are looking for a casual dining option. The gym and swimming pool were great to get rid of the jet lag.
One of the negatives is the interior of the hotel which is looking a bit dated especially compared to other Sheraton hotels I have stayed in. A refurb or renovation would really improve the standard of this hotel.

Room Tip: Turn off the A/C in Winter or else the room will end up like an ice box.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CHaeberle, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
We're glad you enjoyed staying with us during your conference. Thank you for sharing your kind remarks about our staff and hotel. It sounds like the gym and pool really helped with your jet lag! We hope you'll stay with us again during your next trip to Fort Worth.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I've never written a review, but felt compelled. These rooms have paper thin walls, kids screaming from 6-11pm on one side and a man snoring and blaring tv on the other keeping me awake all night ..enough to put a pillow over my head. Not how you expect your travel. No in room information. An I room breakfast order, used it once, never saw it again. I guess you only got one chance for room service. Free water in room, use it and you don't get more, would be nice to have known. Housekeeping does not refill what you've used. All in all. If I came back to Fort Worth, I absolutely would pay the extra 200 to stay at the Omni. I should babe listened to my husband. This was miserable.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CHaeberle, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
I'm sorry to hear your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. Thank you for sharing your comments with our team. I invite you to contact our General Manager at 817-806-3750 to discuss your stay in more detail.
Ft worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The staff at this property is absolutely the very best in customer service and hospitality - they ensure your stay there meets your expectations!

The manager Eric Newburn has made it his mission to lead a team of associates to deliver the best customer experience.

From the personal hellos as you pass by the front desk to the happy smiles you encounter throughout your stay - they make the hotel what it is - looking forward to the remodel slated for the summer of 2014!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CHaeberle, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your kind remarks about our team and hotel. We hope you'll stay with us again during your next trip to Fort Worth!
Round Rock, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Okay - this isn't the newest property and there some places where it is showing its age - so it is not going to get a 4 or 5. However - I'd say where they may lack slightly on the overall facility - they do make up for it with really great service. It may be that it is just Fort Worth hospitality, but super friendly and attentive staff.
It is obvious that the common areas have been re-done and are bright and relatively new.

On the downside... there were some places that could have been cleaner... like corners of elevators, thresholds, base boards in some of the places.
The bed had a 'tilt' to one side... I'm sure if I had switched beds it would have been fine.
Dresser and other furnishings in the room showing their wear and out dated...

Overall - the room was comfortable...

I might stay there again - depends on the rate and other property availability.

I do commend the property for their service and effort.

Room Tip: overlook the city - not the highway...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
john y, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. Please forgive us for the areas we failed to meet your expectations, especially the cleanliness areas. I have reviewed with my Housekeeping Manager to make sure we are inspecting these specifics. We are all excited about the full hotel renovations scheduled for completion by year end. I look forward to taking care of you again.
John Y.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Large spacious rooms at an attractive price. I have a hard time paying $20. for overnight self parking but that was the cost. The staff was friendly and helpful and we would definitely consider returning on our next stay in Ft Worth.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank You so much for your kind words, I look forward to taking care of you in the near future here in Fort Worth.
John Y.
Redwater, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Traveled here for a one night thank God. Family was excited to be staying in a Sheraton because our past experience with this brand is very nice, clean, modern and amazing beds. Walking into the lobby, the hotel appears to be ok. Get to the room we were very disappointed. Outdated, Carpet was disgusting, the walls had stains, bathroom mold and other stains. Toilet flapper kept sticking open, battery was going dead in the fire alarm in the room and the hall way beeped all night. Front desk calls in the middle of the night waking the kids and the us saying there was a soft fire alarm in our room we informed them the detector was beeping due to a low battery. nobody showed up to replace the battery. I finally had to go to the desk to ask for a battery and of course they did not have one. Manager came to room and stepped up on the bed and just removed the whole smoke detector. The bed was ok but not your usual. Kids went swimming and later that night a rash developed on their face that didn't go away until after two days. I don't know how they are a Sheraton. It's not a 3 star.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!