“Excellent hotel overall, especially for price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa

You added Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1701 Commerce St., Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #62 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
OKC
“Excellent hotel overall, especially for price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Although slightly lacking in some areas of finesse, such as sparse room decor and a clearly visible area on the room wall formerly occupied by a TV mount, this hotel was clean, comfortable, had well-furnished rooms (lots of chairs!), had good accommodations in the lobby (Starbucks, etc), and more. I would certainly recommend it if you can look past minor in-room visual issues.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is just your standard Sheraton, so if you like Sheratons this is the place for you. It does have platinum lounge access with free breakfast and finger food in the evening.
The big downside to this Sheraton is that they consistently mess up my "Green Choice" bonus points every week. You have to check in with the manager at least once per stay to ensure that they give you the right amount of points.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is by far one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. DO NOT STAY HERE. Issues with the hotel include, but are not limited to:

Paper thin walls
Most outlets do not work
Cable tv did not work for 2 of 3 days
Had to make 3 requests for something as simple as an extra blanket
Shower head angled at the wall and cannot be adjusted
Wait time for everything-breakfast room service still in hallways at 4PM and smelling up the hallway
Maids knock on doors at 8AM for service - when not at home, I like to try and sleep in

There are a few good things:
The elevators move quickly form one floor of this hell hole to the next and wait time in minimal

Room Tip: Look to another hotel. These all stink!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel through a Groupon due to last minute travel. It was a zoo in the lobby when we arrived, but they were well staffed. They apparently had several weddings as well as some other groups. Despite all of that craziness and us traveling on a discount voucher, they quickly addressed each guest, and took the time to make us (and presumably everyone) feel welcome. They even gave us extra breakfast vouchers. We had 2 rooms with our party and both were clean and comfortable. The only reason I went down to 4 instead of 5 stars is because the restaurant was not open during posted hours. There are lots of nearby restaurants though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

As I write this, I'm still considering whether to demand a new room or switch hotels even though it's taken two hours to get my kid to sleep. We can hear every word (conversation, a very loud fight, and the TV from the adjoining room) even though we paid top dollar for a suite. I'm too lazy to move, too chicken to call security (what if it gets worse?), and just hoping the white noise app on my phone lets us get some sleep.

Oh, and the toilet doesn't flush.

• Stayed December 2013
Edmond, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

There's a shower head but no way to turn on shower. Bed was hard. Adjoining room door didn't lock well. the hotel engineer came up to fix it, but it was still loose. I should have demanded new room, but we were tired. About 1:00am people next door came in and turned on loud music. Then, we could hear everything they were doing. I would never stay here again, and may never look at a Sheraton again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

In 15 years as a Platinum traveler I have never written a review. The abhorrent state of this hotel has compelled me to write. To say this property is unacceptable is an understatement. I arrived late with my wife and two sleeping kids. It was 11pm and below 32 at the drive. The two valets on duty were backed up so I proceeded to check in.

Let me say, the front desk staff was absolutely wonderful. Very accommodating and cordial so I was lulled into the false sense that it was going to be a decent stay. I am quite familiar with the Sheraton standard which can often lag behind a Westin or W in terms of amenities yet most often are quite acceptable. This hotel puts the HO in Hotel.

Valet was less than cooperative as I was standing in the freezing rain asking for bell assistance. "I think they leave at 11. My response: So, what would you like me to do? Valet: "You can go grab a bell cart". Me: No, I'm not at Aloft so let ME go get someone (again, not normally picky here but I had a wife and two sleeping kids nestled inside the warm car). The front staff immediately snapped into action and were great!

Soon we were up to our corner suite with connecting room for the kids. As soon as we hit the elevator I knew we were in trouble. There is an immediate smell of mold. It reminded me of some old tenement buildings in the Bronx. What am I to do? We had been traveling by car for four hours and I had a sleepy 4 year old on my shoulder.

We exit the elevator into a hallway reminiscent of a dingy, clearly 80's style Hilton. Moldy and dated carpet and walls, exterior metal doors with scratches. It felt like we were heading to prison, sans the orange jump suits.

If that wasn't bad enough the disaster really hit when we entered the room. Weird stains all over the master suite carpet, holes in the wall, yellow stains on the white comforter met our first pass. Again, busy hotel and kids ready for bed. What to do? Let's make do and go with it. I immediately cancelled the rest of the weekend and rebooked at another Starwood property that I could trust.

As soon as I returned from the front desk I was greeted by a shell shocked wife left speechless by a rogue "curly hair" she had found in the king bed. As I type this we are literally crawling into the two queen beds with our kids and are closing the connecting room to that nightmare.

Again, front staff is doing a great job and should be commended for having to polish this turd of a property. I truly hope the GM and property owners are reading this.

GM - this part is specially for you. You should be ashamed of the product you are selling. Any self respecting hotelier would not stand for the quality presented to us tonight. I understand you are not running a W or St Regis but the condition of your rooms is beyond unacceptable. I was informed by the front desk that you are under new ownership so I pray they are reading this as well.

Your HOTEL should be closed or at minimum stripped of Starwood status until it is brought up to acceptable standards. The worse Starwood hotel experience was originally a Four Points in Boston but you have superseded it. That says a lot since that experience included flys swarming out of my room service dish. Mr GM, did you just read that? I would rather be in a property with flies swarming out of my food than sleep here tonight.

If this is your best it's time to find another career and let real professionals run the place. Either way, I hope this review is the wake up call you finally need.

Finally, I am trying to sleep but the trains out my window (I've had better views in Newark NJ) are keeping me up.

Your HOTEL is horrific!

Stayed December 2013

Been to Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!