Stayed here for Cowtown Marathon. Hotel is in very good condition, room was spacious, fresh and clean. Temperature control in the room worked well. Shuttle bus to Marathon worked great, not jammed full of people; and plenty of buses so you didn't worry that you'd miss the start. They knew we had a special Cowtown reservation with late checkout, and they gave us a Cowtown handout when we checked in without being prompted - so full points for all of these things.
The location was fine for our purposes, but note that this is on the very southeast edge of downtown. It's a brisk 10 - 15 minute walk to get to "real" downtown Ft Worth where the restaurants are. Not a problem for us, might be for some.
Adequate staffing levels; helpful though not overwhelmingly friendly.
Less than great:
1) The soundproofing seems minimal for a hotel in this class. We could clearly hear everything the room next to us said, and they weren't partying - it was normal conversation. We could hear everyone and everything said in the hallway. There are train tracks to the east of the hotel, and we could also hear the trains clearly in our 4th floor room. The only real cure is to run the window unit fan all night for white noise, since it's quite loud. But it's louder than you'd really want while you're up and about in the room.
2) The gift shop closed ten minutes early - doors locked, guy inside (who was persistently coughing and blowing his nose when he checked us out earlier and probably shouldn't have been allowed to work that day) counting the till....just one problem: it was 9:50 and the posted close time is 10 PM.
3) Parking is *really* challenging. We lucked into a spot in the small self-park behind the hotel, but many others were not so lucky. Which probably explains why valet parking was a zoo, with multiple lines of cars stretched 5 - 8 cars deep mid-afternoon on a Saturday.
Bottom-line - great for our purposes, but might disappoint some folks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa offers an ideal location in the city's vibrant commercial and hospitality sector less than a block from the state-of-the-art Fort Worth Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel Fort Worth
- Fort Worth Sheraton