“Great stay, good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa

You added Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1701 Commerce St., Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #62 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
Calgary, Canada
“Great stay, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This hotel is a great location in Fort Worth. Our trip was quick and didn't rent a car, but everything was in walking distance which makes it even better to explore. The hotel is right across from the water gardens (a must see), walk down to Sundance Square and check out all the great shopping and restaurants. The hotel is clean, pool is nice and service was standard for a Sheraton. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Melissa S, Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review We appreciate you taking the time to share with us the success of your trip. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you for your upcoming visit to Fort Worth.
Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Hotel is in a good location downtown and within a mile of almost everything there. It was cold outside when we got there and our room temp read 58. The shower had no hot water. So we called down and they sent someone up to work on it. Three hours later we still had no hot water and the room had only reached 63. It was freezing in some parts of the room where the heat wasn't directly on you. We called again and were told someone would bring us a key for a new room. Thirty whole minutes later we called again and the woman said we should just keep waiting so I went down and got the key myself. The next room... Freezing! Took about 4 hours to warm up but at least we had hot water

On a positive note the restaurant is very good ( but completely understaffed) the spa was also great

• Stayed December 2012
I apologize for the challenges you had during your stay. We do have hot water up and running and that was a rare occurence. I apologize you had to wait 30 minutes for a key. We hope you will come back and give us another chance. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. Our arrival was really late- after 1am, but the front desk aganet did a great job. We were hungry and he was able to get us something from the small kioask in the lobby, and it was billed to our room. Great job. The room was fine, not exceptional but big enough. The breakfast buffet is well worth having.

The only problem was an evening meal in the restaurant off the lobby, attached to the bar. We waited over 45 minutes for our meal to come, and never saw our server until the end of the meal when she presented the bill. One person seated us and served our drink order, another served the meal, and then the server came to our table with the bill. No one came to refill our drinks. Really disappointed. I asked the man who seated us if the kitchen was quick and he assured me it was. Yet, no adequate explanation on why our meal was late. They did give a 15% reduction to the bill for the late meal but by then it was too little too late. This would have been a 5 star rating had it not been for the restaurant experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback. We appreciate it and always use it to keep improving. I apologize for the challenges you had in the restaurant. Please let me know if there is anything I can assist with for your next stay with us.
Buda, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We experienced good service and a clean hotel.Only one complaint was we could not believe we had to pay to self park. I thought it was included with the room rate. The location was wonderful and the restaurant area was clean as well.

• Stayed December 2012
Thanks so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what we did right. We do have a charge for parking as all hotels downtown do, but we have the least expensive charge of the downtown hotels. Please let me know if there is anything I can assist with for your next stay. We would love to see you again!
Austin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was here for a week for a work trip. The whole experience was very disappointing. I stayed at the Holiday Inn down the street just weeks before with a much better experience.

CONs

You have to pay for parking and it's in a lot behind the hotel. I guess it could have been worse.

The bathtub has rusty fixtures, the power outlets on the desk didn't work. The AC and the heater were incredibly loud. At least that sometimes masked the fact the hotel is right next to the railyard with trains always moving.

The restaurant is ridiculously overpriced and the food was sub-par. There are no other options within walking distance. I found myself driving somewhere else for every single meal.

The office area was small and if you weren't part of an airline, you had to use a different bank of computers which had no printer.

PROs
I will say the gym was decent. And the shuttle drivers were nice if you were able to catch one of the shuttles.
The rooms had Keurigs which were nice. Too bad the maids didn't refresh the types of beverages I drank.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I apologize for the challenges you had during your stay. We were not at sold out capacity during your stay so I apologize if the staff did not move you to a different room that was quieter. I hope you come stay with us again and let me know what I can do to assist you with that stay.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Fort Worth with my family over Thanksgiving weekend. My wife and I booked a club level room which gives you access to a club lounge that has a complimentary continental breakfast each morning, snacks during the day, and appetizers and drinks during happy hour, but when we got up to our floor and went to the lounge it said it would be closed during our entire stay. We thought to ourselves, this is weird, because one we had paid more to be on that floor and have use of the lounge and two because there was never any mention that it would be closed when we booked the room or when we checked in at the front desk. So, we had to call down to the front desk to see what they were going to do to remedy the situation and we had to explain everything to the front desk woman like she didn't know what the club level even was. Finally, she offered to give us vouchers for the breakfast buffet in the restaurant and 1 drink voucher (not even 1 for each of us). This didn't really make up for everything we weren't going to get due to the closed lounge so we had to again visit the front desk later to talk to a supervisor and finally got more drink vouchers and also appetizer vouchers to use at the bar. The rooms were clean and didn't have any problem accept I thought the bed was pretty hard and uncomfortable so I had to reposition a lot throughout the night and I can usually sleep on anything. Also, the air conditioning was pretty loud, but luckily we didn't have to use it much. The hotel was in a good location. Easy walk to Main Street where all the downtown bars and restaurants are located and also right next to the Water Gardens which were nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over the Water Gardens towards downtown. Much better than the alternative whi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the confusion with the Club Lounge. We hope you will come back and give us another chance to experience the Club Lounge, Please let me know when you come back so I can assist you.
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Pros- great location, close enough to walk to the attractions downtown but far enough away it is quiet and there is self parking available, bed was really comfortable, every staff member I encounter was very friendly

Cons-bathroom in room was very small, cleanliness was not great; a few stains on the duvet cover, inside of toilet was dirty, toilet paper holder not stable.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your review. We always use feedback for retraining and improving the hotel. Please come back and give us another chance - we would love to see you again. Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with in the future.
Best Regards,

Been to Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!