“Rooms were not properly cleaned.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3261 NE Loop 820, Fort Worth, TX 76137 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #82 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Dallas, TX
“Rooms were not properly cleaned.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Good location. Less than personal front desk staff that came out in grease stained clothing with his zipper open. The room was huge but the couch and chairs had questionable stains. I Found a used condom and condom wrappers at the headboard area on the floor.

Good value for a one night stay but I didn't expect it to be a nasty establishment. I carry my own linens to hotels since this experience.

Totally gross!

• Stayed October 2012
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this review, November 14, 2012

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ft. Worth tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel staff is very efficient and friendly. Room, very comfortable with all amenities. Dog friendly which is very nice for those of us who travel with our pets. Had a nice big window with a lovely tree to look at.

An overall very good experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property! Friendliness of both guests and their pets is something we strive for, and whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in April 2012 while we were in Ft. Worth for a fun weekend away. We originally had a reservation at the Motel 6, but on the way through the mess of construction around I-35, my husband suggested we play "Hotwire Roulette". I ended up booking this hotel for two nights. Getting to the hotel from I-35 north was a major pain, the exit from 820 (?) Beach Road was completely jacked up. It took over 45 minutes to travel less than a mile to get to the turnaround to get on the access road to the hotel.

The hotel is located on the edge of Fossil Creek business park area. It's actually not a bad location, if there wasn't a tremendous amount of construction. The other minus is that the hotel has only one entrance/exit - on the access road, rather than an outlet on one of the side streets to help you get around more easily. (Note, the Hampton Inn directly behind the Extended Stay does NOT connect parking lots, meaning you can't use their driveway on the side street to get in and out.)

However, the young lady at the check was very friendly and nice. She quickly checked me in and got us our keys. We had a room on the second floor, down the hall near the stairs, exactly where I like to be located. Our room was large, with a bath immediately to the left, a small dining area, a kitchen and then the living/bedroom. The sofa and the recliner were very dated and my husband said that the sofa felt "sandy". I did not sit on the sofa so I can't actually tell you what that meant. The bed was supposed to be a queen but I have to say that it definitely felt like more of a full with both of us on it. I'll echo the other reviewers by saying that the sheets are very scratchy and the pillows are pretty flat. We fought for the one decent pillow every night. (I somehow lost...)

The kitchen has a small refrigerator, a microwave and cabinets with glasses and dishes. There were no paper towels, only a hand towel. Small minor thing but if you were staying awhile, it might be something you would need. We did not find any dish soap either.

The bath was clean but the tiles near the toliet had obviously been taken up to repair something and stuck back down with thin set or something. They were not stable on the floor. There were no tolietries other than soap. I always pack shampoo and conditioner but for those who do not, this place won't supply those items. The shower was OK, decent enough water pressure and the fiberglass surround actually made it seem very clean (i.e. no moldy grout).

We did have free wifi during our stay. It was slow but since it was free, I had no complaints about that. The very small pool is located at the back of the hotel, nearest to the Hampton Inn. However, it was closed while we were there and there were only three deck chairs out so we couldn't even sit down there to have a place to sit outside. We were not there on the days they served a small coffee service in the mornings, so I can't comment on that.

For a few nights, this wasn't a bad option - although the smaller bed and uncomfortable lines would definitely make spending a week or two here not an option. The bigger issue is the road construction around the hotel and the delays/annoyances that it brings.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the north side of the hotel to get as far from the road construction as possibl...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for the review. Unfortunately, the construction is out of our control but we can definitely relate to the inconvenience it creates. We appreciate all feedback and with the help of your suggestions, we can continue to improve the overall guest experience. Please do keep us in mind should your travels bring you back to the area. We look forward to seeing you again!
New Boston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

We found the hotel to be clean with full stove and fridge ,but the beds are not comfortable at all they need to be updated with better qaulity, we stayed there 5 days it was convenient but miserable nights sleep. The heat was very loud as well and the faucet was leaking in the shower .We reported these when we left. We would probably give them another chance ,we really liked a full Kitchen.We should have had them to move us ,our own fault.You do need supplies like dish soap and paper towels

Room Tip: if not satified have them to move you to another room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
West Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Tucked into a corner of hotels at Intersection of I-35 and I-820. Paid $40 on Priceline for 2 weekend nights . a lot of road and bridge construction makes access a bit tricky and hazardess.

Hotel is standard extended stay. Rooms are large studio types with kitchens. No breakfast on weekends and internet costs $5 a day:((( For this level hotel internet should be fee. Bed was small queen not very comfortable. Had issues with the recliner . Pet friendly

Decent place to stay but for next few months hard to get to

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Great clean rooms very spacious, clean friendly staff!

Room Tip: Very close to downtown 15 minutes ...Just a wonderful stay.. Great staff always smiling..
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Palestine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

Check in was quick and easy...room was large, neat and clean. Bed was comfortable. Room rate was very reasonable. will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Fossil Creek? Share your experiences!