“You might want to stay away until after May” 3 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #25 of 104 Hotels in Fort Worth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Texas City, Texas
“You might want to stay away until after May”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

This hotel is currently under renovation. According to the t-shirts that their front desk staff were wearing, the renovation will be lasting until May. Their front desk is actually now in their breakfast area and is reduced to a counter instead of the usual spread. I would like to think that the upheaval from the renovation is what caused the front desk staff to be unsure about what's going on in their hotel. When I asked if the pool was open the young lady at the desk at first said "yes" and when I mentioned that the note in our room said something about the pool being seasonal, she then said something like, "maybe it's not". Since I needed something for the kids to do after a long drive, we just went ahead and checked for ourselves. Good thing they had the maintenance man cleaning and testing the pool water and we found out from him that yes, the pool was indeed open. The room where we stayed was one of the newly renovated ones, I think. The carpets and furnishings were new. They were pleasing enough to the eyes. The carpets were so brand new though that the "newly-installed-carpet-smell" was evident in the hallways and in the room. In the bedroom it got too strong for me it woke me up at night; I had to switch sides the next night so I could be on the side that had more open space between the bed and the wall. But the kids didn't seem to mind so maybe others won't mind as well. Their regular exercise room was closed but I did see that a row of treadmills were positioned in a room facing the pool. I don't know if those were working or plugged in. The main reasons why we chose Residence Inn - the availability of a regular sized fridge, the accessibility of a stove, and the hot breakfast buffet were all thankfully up to our expectations so for that I am giving 3 stars. I am hoping that after the renovations, their front desk staff will be back to full-working-knowledge order and their rooms will smell less-brand-new. They do need to improve their signage on the frontage road. We missed the entrance a couple of times when we used the frontage road from 820 East heading toward 35 West, so if you take that to get to the hotel, you need to slow down a little; best to take the entrance at Sandshell. They were very close to several restaurants and a movie house and if you explored just a little bit more they were within short driving distance to a couple of grocery stores and many other retail establishments.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
trob087, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Fossil Creek, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Our renovation will be completed in just a few weeks and we cannot wait for you to come back and see the finished product. Our staff is back into normal uniforms now for the more professional look. So thank you for letting us know. Hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Crivitz, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The hotel staff are excellent. The breakfast buffet is well suited for all types of travelers, business to lesiure. The rooms are clean and contain a fridg. The location near to restaurants and the DFW airport was very good as well as being close to major highways.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments on the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. Also, our property is now one of the newer hotels in the area with us just completing our renovation. You will love the new look when you return. Hope to see you soon!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

This Residence Inn was located right off of the highway near restaurants and even a movie theatre. It isn't one of the newer hotels, but for the price, it was well worth it. I had a problem with my room, but after I spoke to the front desk employee....I think her name was Bailey?, the problem was immediately resolved and she went over beyond to make sure my stay was a positive one. This hotel is very lucky to have employees like this.
I will stay here again when business brings me back to Ft. Worth!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
trob087, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Fossil Creek, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for the great comments on your stay. We try to explain to our customer that even though we are on the outskirts of Fort Worth, we really are very close by. So thank you for sharing your experience. Hope to see you back to Fort Worth soon!
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a clean Residence Inn located on the outskirts of Fort Worth. It's just off the freeway that takes you straight to Downtown or any other tourist attraction...so being on the outskirts is not such a big deal. There are also a bunch of great restaurants nearby and a movie theater. Although, we prefer the Residence Inn in the Cultural District (right in the heart of Fort Worth) because of it's location, staying at this Residence Inn will save you about $20 or so per night due to being on the outskirts. However, it really is such a quick drive into Fort Worth, that it's not that big of a deal.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
trob087, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Fossil Creek, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for your review in 2011. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Fort worth, tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

This was probably the worst stay ever...the cleaning staff was pitiful. The first week, my room was only cleaned twice. And when it was cleaned, it was after 5:00 pm. The front desk staff lady would only comment that they were understaffed (they didn't refund me partially due to lack of service). The carpet looked as if it had never been vacuumed. I had to request it. Ants were everywhere. The cleanup staff hangs out in the front office, when they should be cleaning rooms. The outside trashcans are never emptied and the stench carries on into the building. The barbecue pits need a good cleaning. I was very, very disapppointed. Please stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
I am sorry that your stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. We truly do try to provide a home away from away accomodations for all our travelers. We are finished up our completed renovation and I know if you stayed with us again, you would have an incredible stay. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Fort Worth area.
MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

I must admit that I was not impressed with this Residence Inn. While the room was clean the furniture was both worn and dated. Overall it was just not a very welcoming space to stay in. It is, however, in a good location for many restaurants and there is also a movie theater nearby.

For a 2 night stay I found this hotel sufficient but do not plan to return the next time I am in town. There are many other hotels in this same location to choose from.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
I wanted to let you know that the hotel is completing its extensive renovation by the middle of May, 2012. I do hope you will try us out again when you are in Fort Worth. I am confident you will enjoy our new look.
California, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

Was a bit concerned after reading reviews of this property, but I found it to be a wonderful place to stay, very convenient to multiple restaurants and to my business trip which was at Meacham Field. When I checked in to the property they had be draw a fortune cookie from a jar. My " fortune was a gift certificate for $10 off dinner at TGIFridays and 200 bonus Marriott reward points. Front Desk staff was helpful and breakfast was complete and delicious. Even though this was a cool November evening, the Hot Tub and Outdoor Pool were open and the Hot Tub was great. Had to move pretty quickly to get back to my room before the ice formed though.....

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for saying with us back in 2009. Our renovation will be completed in May 2012 and I wanted you to know in case you are back for business at the Meacham airport. You will love the new look and feel of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Been to Residence Inn Fort Worth Fossil Creek? Share your experiences!