“The Service is EXCELLENT” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Fort Worth, Texas
“The Service is EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My stay on this hotel has been very pleasant. I want to remark that the breakfast service has been great, specially Rosemary's and Vanessa's attention. The instalations are very confortable and the rooms has great amenities.

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Huntington, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Nice hotel. More than I expected from this brand. This is more like a Hampton Inn.

I called the property directly to ask if the property near the Marriott, where my four-day conference was being held, and if the hotel fairly quiet. I was told they didn't know where the Marriott was (it's 100 yards away) but that yes, the hotel is quiet.

And it was -- for the first night.

Thereafter it was CRAZY and INCESSANTLY loud. I returned from meetings at 10:30 p.m. and figured I could take it for 90 minutes, thinking surely the management has some sense that they have a building full of people trying to sleep. No. After midnight, I called to see when the music would stop. I was told 2 a.m. At 2.45 a.m., it was still BLARING. I could hear it over the shower!

Came back the next night, same deal, and I complained. They moved me up a couple of floors, and it was fine. They also said they would adjust the bill, though they did not. All in all, it's a lovely property, well-staffed, and it's clean. Just stay on floors FOUR through SIX.

Room Tip: Higher floors are a must here -- the club is ear-splittingly loud.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport - South, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Andy O,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Fort Worth.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We found this hotel ideal for an overnight stay after a long flight from Australia. The rooms were large and clean, and they were very quiet. The staff were helpful and friendly. There is a bar and a more than adequate restaurant. The price was very reasonable and there is a free shuttle bus to and from the airport. As a place for a stopover with easy access to DFW, I can't see what more you could want.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was warmly welcomed by Mary, Jimmy and the rest of the staff upon arrival, and felt catered to during my stay. The convenient shuttle took me where I needed to go, with the friendliest service from Hussain. Beautiful rooms and friendly faces really made me feel welcome.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Jimmy is the man! Great professional. Very valuable asset. Great place. New hotel. Good spot. Trying to fill 200 spaces. C'mon.
Good place. Nice people. Rooms are very decent. Lobby is nice and clean and easily accessible and in front and acceptable.

• Stayed April 2013
Essex UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have no complaints about the hotel and service it was excellent. The only disappointment was that we could not contact the hotel for the shuttle bus pick-up from Dallas airport. We called the hotel several times but no-one answered the phone, the lady controlling the taxi's at the airport kindly used her cell phone to call the hotel but no answer. She informed us that this sometimes happens and kindly organised us a taxi, so what seemed a good deal at the time as it included shuttle service was not all it seemed. Going back to the airport was fine as we could organise the shuttle with reception.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Initially I was very impressed by this hotel. It's hard not to like it because it's brand new. Great location and very clean. Some people say a hotel is just a place to sleep. If this is true then you won't like this hotel. While everything looks great and the staff was ok, the beds SUCK and the pillows are tiny. Usually that is the single most important investment a hotel should make. I stay at a lot of hotels and I was just starting to get into the IHG holiday inn brand. I'm am afraid to say once the shiny and new of this hotel wears off it will be crappy. The layout is interesting and they have a great space for meetings it looks like. I tried finding a coffee station when I arrived and also in the morning before my flight and there was none. Dont most hotels have a coffee station these days? Anyway it was a good location and free 24 hour shuttle so aside from not sleeping at all this was an ok hotel. I don't anticipate them getting decent mattresses in the next few years but pray they get some high quality mattress covers to ease the pain.

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport - South, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Mwar1004,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. It is great to know that you found our location to be convenient and clean. However, I would like to apologize that your stay was negatively affected by the condition of the beds that you were given. I took note of your feedback and rest assured this will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for review to consider for enhancements needed at our property.

Again, thank you and I hope you give us a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport - South? Share your experiences!