Rooms are very impressive with better than average amenities....Wolfgang Puck coffee, real glasses and mugs, bathroom supplies includes things like makeup remover....and very clean and roomy. A/C ran quiet and worked very well and quickly. Beds were very comfortable with high quality bedding. I got in at midnight and was leaving in the morning so the service desk automatically gave me a higher room floor because of salsa night....which looked like alot of fun but it was pretty loud in the lobby. I see that others on TripAdvisor complained of the noise which surprised me because once in the elevator, it was pretty quiet...but I did hear the service desk mention it is a weekly event....so be aware.
While all the service people were friendly, I do feel each could do their jobs a little better. Check in was quick. I hiked to my room which was at the end of the hall on the 5th floor, my key worked just fine and I walked in to a room that was already occupied. I was so startled that I quickly slammed the door and ran down to the elevators....I can't imagine the fright of the people inside. (Reminding you that it was midnight when I checked in.) So had to go back down and start the process again....which again was quick but the front desk did not seem to understand how that room was occupied.
Then the next morning at 9 am, housekeeping is knocking on my door. I happened to be up getting ready to leave but it was Sat morning so I imagine most people are still sleeping in. She was very nice but I never understand why housekeepers knock on doors....why can't the front desk tell the housekeeping staff which rooms have been checked out...(just a pet peeve of mine).
When I received a receipt under my door, it was for the wrong amount and although it had my name on it, the address was wrong. I checked my bank statement and was indeed charged twice for the room. So now I had to stop and get it fixed before leaving. It took the front desk about 15 minutes to correct it! And since she was the only one there, several guests had to wait too....all of them got impatient and just interrupted with "just checking out of room 123" or "just a quick question".
After that, I was catching the bus to the airport car rental facility. I know they are scheduled to leave on the hour and half hour so had 20 minutes to wait for the next bus but the bus driver was there at the front desk and asked where I was going and chatted with me. He'd been there through the time I was waiting for the front desk to fix my bill so I know he wasn't adhering to the schedule. I wondered why he couldn't just take me since I obviously was the only one there but figured he had his schedule. After 15 minutes, he got a call for a pickup so that's when we left. I guess it was close enough to the schedule but it still bugged me.
As far as location, it IS close to the south end of the airport but it still a bit of a drive....I know I had to wait at least 20 minutes for the pick up at the airport. But I used to live in that area and know that where the hotel is located, the traffic can get pretty bad. I had no problem because I came in and left at off-times but I imagine that during high traffic times, the travel time to and from the airport might be an issue.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Dallas Dfw Airport - South Hotel
- Holiday Inn Dallas Dfw Airport - South Hotel Fort Worth
- Holiday Inn Fort Worth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dallas - Fort Worth Airport Hotel Offers Ideal Location Welcome to the Holiday Inn Dallas - Fort Worth Airport. Lodging at our Fort Worth hotel puts you close to many area businesses and attractions. In addition, we are just a mile from the Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport (DFW). Vacationing families enjoy staying at our DFW hotel because of its close proximity to area attractions in Fort Worth. Our hotel is within just a few miles of famous Six Flags Over Texas, offering thrills for all ages. Other nearby attractions include the Dallas Cowboys' Stadium, Texas Motor Speedway, the Kennedy 6th Floor Museum, Grapevine Mills Mall, Lone Star Horse Racing Park and the C.R. Smith Aviation Museum. Business travelers enjoy staying with us because of our location near the Arlington Convention Center. Our Fort Worth Airport hotel is also close to corporations and businesses that include American Airlines, Regent Aero Space, GM, Chase Bank, Pfizer and State Farm. Whether for an overnight business stay or a week long family vacation, you can enjoy our many amenities to make you feel comfortable. For your convenience, our complimentary hotel shuttle travels to the Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport and within four miles of our accommodations. Other amenities include an outdoor pool, high-speed Internet access, an on-site restaurant, a convenience store and fitness center. Reserve your hotel room in Fort Worth, TX today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.