“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
San Antonio, Texas
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Once again the service and professionalism excels. Gloria at the front desk is exceptional and Rebecca at the One Bistro makes sure you don't go thirsty. i've been staying at this location for a little over three years and the service has never wavered.

395 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Simsbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have stayed at many, many hotels in my travels. Most stays have been at Holidy Inns. I can stay at any brand hotel I choose, and while in the great state of Texas, I choose The Holiday Inn DFW south. The rooms are clean and spacious. Location, great. Pricing, very reasonable. The staff is friendly and accomidating. Food is very good. Becca and Rocket are awesome. Always a relaxing visit. Some say "the lobby is noisy and I can't sleep on Friday and Saturday nights due to the entertainment." Well, I don't sleep in the lobby! I stay there about 35 weeks a year, which includes quiet a few weekends. No complaints from me.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is great with a great staff. The restaurant and bar with a pleasant staff led with Becca standing out with being a great hostess at a busy establishment is one of the things that makes this a good place to eat and stay. The food is good at great price. Take a chance eat, stay, drink, and say hi to Becca.

• Stayed January 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This review is long OVER due busy with travels and still have 10 more reviews to write; I was here on company business this time around and this is what I experience.

PRO:

Hotel room was nice came with your basic essentials, but were clean and presentable. Customer service was great. And full service restaurant was excellent Breakfast and dinner services was above par. They provide shuttle services to and from DFW airport free of change.

CONS:
Not much to say bad about other that restaurant is a little overpriced; other than that is the only negative thing I can say about my stay there. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Spent 3 nights at this hotel while in Dallas for an event. It was very clean, the room was spacious enough and the bathroom was very nice. There was loud music from the bar over the weekend till very late but I recommend requesting a higher level room. The full breakfast was standard. My check-in staff was very pleasant. However, the check-out lady wasn't pleasant at all. She barely said hello and I'd not even say thank you, goodbye or anything at the end of the transaction. All in all, I'll definitely recommend this location and stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Decided to stay here during a Friday night layover based on positive reviews...very bad decision! Although I did read a couple of bad reviews concerning noise, I assumed that it was due to a one time event and that a hotel chain like the Holiday Inn would not have a club atmosphere on their premises. I was completely wrong. The loud latin music playing from the hotel bar/club is horrendous! The music was extremely loud and the bass reverberates throughout your entire room. I tried drowning out the noise with the TV and the A/C, to no avail. Although the hotel is nice and new, the noise I had to deal with until 2am made for a downright awful experience!!! I layover in Dallas frequently and will definitely not be staying here again. I thought I would be staying at the Holiday Inn and not at Club DFW.

Also, I'm sure things will not change, regardless of how much management says "they'll look into it". The bar/club was extremely packed and I'm sure management would prefer to inconvenience overnight guests vs. shutting down what seems to be a profitable situation. Again, wouldn't recommend staying here during a weekend night if you want to get a good night's rest.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor during a weekend night. I'm sure they are alot quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport - South, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear IzzyFromDC,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies about the noise disturbance. We try our best to ensure all guests have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Normal, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I do not typically use Holiday Inn hotels (usually slightly "higher" grade) and was pleasantly suprised this week while staying near the Dallas airport. This Holiday Inn was VERY clean. To give you an example, there is a glass door to the walk-in shower. Like the rest of the hotel, it was spotless. This hotel seemed to be much cleaner than most in my recent memory for this road warrior. Rooms were modest but fine. Location is good for those with activities in the DFW area and if returning a rental car (see tip below). Well done Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: The DFW airport is quite large. The shared multi-company car rental facility is SOUTH of the airport...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport - South? Share your experiences!