“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
McCalla, AL
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Ft. Worth for a family wedding and stayed @ the Holiday Inn Ft. Worth North-Fossil Creek. Very nice staff - friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and neatly arranged... had a mini-fridge, iron & ironing board plus a few other things that made our stay easier since we were staying several days. The only downside was the lack of a computer in the business center (their p.c. was out for repairs) and we hadn't traveled with our laptop. I would definitely suggest this hotel to friends or family. Very neat and clean!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Granite City, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I rarely review anything, but I definitely wanted to share my experience at this Holiday Inn. After reading some of the less-than-stellar reviews, I was a little leery about staying here - but, I got a really nice deal, so I figured I'd take a chance. I'm really glad I did.

Most of the complaints seem to be about the service, so I breathed my first sigh of relief when I was greeted in a very friendly manner upon arrival. (I swore to myself I was going to remember the young lady's name so I could mention it in my review, but it's not coming to me.) No matter - over the course of my 5-night stay I probably interacted with at least 6 different people at the desk, and every one of them was friendly and helpful. I even had some unusual requests with which I needed assistance, and they were more than happy to oblige.

The room was impeccably clean (okay, full disclosure - there was a lone peanut in the Gideon Bible drawer). I loved the fact that it had a fridge and microwave, as I believe all the rooms at this hotel do. The room was spacious with a nice desk and comfortable chair. I never had any problems with the wifi, and I was online at least a couple of hours every day. I was a little worried about the water pressure when I turned on the faucet in the tub, but as soon as I redirected it to the shower head I was hit with a fantastic flow (must be a magical shower head.)

The bed was very, very firm, which was absolutely perfect for my back, but probably not ideal for everyone. The pillows were labeled "soft" and "firm", but I honestly couldn't tell much difference. My only very minor complaint with the room is that the safe in the closet was closed, and nobody could seem to figure out how to get it open. Someone from the front desk (the awesome girl that checked me in) brought up a key that was supposed to work, but didn't. She did say that maintenance would be able to help me out the next day, but I didn't feel like dealing with it. The only thing I was concerned about was my laptop, and I just ended up taking it with me most of the times I left.

Another concern I had (and always have when staying at a hotel) was how well the air conditioner would work, because I simply can't sleep if it's too warm. No need to worry, it was fine. Oh, speaking of that, another reviewer mentioned being able to hear air conditioners and showers from other rooms. I didn't hear a single peep from outside of my room (other than when people were walking down the hall talking), and I know there were people staying in at least one of the adjacent rooms.

I had breakfast twice at the hotel. The first time, I had looked at the menu in my room and was going to order the garden omelet, but when I got down there and the waitress asked if I wanted the buffet I decided to go for that. That was a mistake. Everything was lukewarm and tough; I assume it had been sitting out for a while. If you get there as soon as the buffet starts at 6 or whatever I'm sure it's fine. The second time I did order the garden omelet, and it was fantastic - absolutely loaded with perfectly-grilled veggies. Also came with freshly-cooked potatoes (one of the items I was less than impressed with on the buffet) and toast. I never had dinner at the hotel, but the menu looked pretty good.

I know this ended up being a pretty long review, but I wanted to mention all of the details that stuck with me in the hopes that it can be of use to someone. For me, anyway, negative reviews always seem to stick out, and probably steer away many people who would honestly be perfectly satisfied. They almost steered me away from this hotel, but I'm glad they didn't - this will be my go-to hotel when I'm in the Fort Worth area (this was my first trip there but won't be my last - had a blast visiting relatives in the area.)

I'm not doubting any of the other reviewers' experiences, but I've come to realize that those who are dissatisfied will almost always write a review, while only a few of the satisfied ones will. I'm positive that those who weren't happy with their stay are a very small minority. And for those who had a problem with the staff, I just have to wonder what kind of attitude they were bringing with them. I've worked in customer service for many years, and there are definitely some people you just can't please. Of all the positives I've pointed out regarding my stay, I would say the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff is their biggest asset.

I really look forward to staying at this Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Taylor checked us into room 322, but then later learned she had checked in another couple in this room. This couple tried to enter our room and knocked on the door. They went to the front desk and Taylor called my room. I answered and she asked who I was and what I was doing in this room. I explained she checked us into this room and she giggled. Eventually she said the other couple will be checked into room 316.

The next day I found the "bill" slid under my door with presumingly the other couple's information on it. Yep; name, phone number, e-mail address and credit card information. I was furious! I went downstairs to check out and asked if room 316 received a "bill" with all of my information on it. The clerk shook her head yes and said "probably". When I asked to speak with the manager, she said they were "unavailable."

All because Taylor never fixed her mistake in the computer when she learned that we were staying in 322 and the other couple in 316. The other couple now has all of my information and the hotel doesn't seem to care. This is unacceptable and we will never stay here again. They did nothing to remedy the situation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fort Worth North-Fossil Creek, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Jessica W,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Fort Worth, TX.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
South West
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

If you're travelling to Dallas Fort Worth you will be getting a car. So there's no need to stay at one of the expensive and mediocre hotels by the airport.

This place is every bit as good and costs half the price.

• Stayed June 2012
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel. Conveint to stockyards and downtown. It's a good value.

• Stayed June 2012
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We spent almost 2 months as guests in this hotel and were treated superbly. The accomodations and staff were flawless and the location is perfect for business around the Metroplex. The internet functioned well and never let me down during nightly reports. The bar and restaurant employees were always impeccable! Very creative and willing to deviate from the same old menu when possible. Enjoyed the entire stay and now that I am back in the Northeast, I SURE miss that Texas hospitality!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights and was very satisfied. Excellent location, Great Service, Good employees, Nice Bar and Restaurant. Best experience was the Wireless service. Hotel has the best Wireless service with excellent speed.

Room Tip: Rooms on west side have excellent view of horses in the back fields.