“Nice place to stay while your away from home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Town & Country Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Stockton
Town & Country Motel
Save Saved
You added Town & Country Motel to your Saves list
1505 West Dickinson Blvd., Fort Stockton, TX 79735   |
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Fort Stockton
Wills Point, TX
“Nice place to stay while your away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Beacause of his job, my husband is staying at this motel and has for 4 months. The staff has been just great to him and have been very accomodating. Even though it is an older motel, it has recently been renovated so looks from the outside are deceiving. His room is clean and updated and any request is taken care of promptly. It's good to know that even though he is away from home, he is being taken care of.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

This was the best service I have ever received from a motel! Forgot a blanket in the room; called & they had saved it for us. Wow! I am so thankful to see that there are still honest people in the world.

• Stayed September 2012
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Town and Country in Fort Stockton is just like the motels of the family vacations of my childhood, before everything was a chain. The family who run it right now are friendly times twelve. It was quiet, very clean, felt safe. If you can't make it to the urban part of Texas, which is many hours ahead of you, the Town & Country is a welcome respite.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Geilenkirchen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We wern't sure if this place was going to be okay after reading some of the negative reviews. Don't pay attention to them! If you need a clean place to stay with flat screen tv and a mini fridge, then this will save you big money over the others in town. They even gave me a couple bucks off for being Military! Thanks for the room and the CD I bought from the front desk for 1 dollar!

• Stayed August 2012
Odessa, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Not wanting the exorbitant prices most big-chain motels insist upon, I booked this place ahead of time. Being an old-fasioned girl, I wasn't disappointed when I arrived. I automatically felt as if I had stepped back in time where things were basic and simple. It was as great as it was quaint and clean. The owners (a white middle-aged couple, which is refreshing in and of itself) and front desk girl are kind, personable, and genuine. I was allowed to actually rent the room for a day and a half for only $67, including tax. Where does that happen? I journey to Ft. Stockton every other weekend and have decided to repeat the experience, at least in one of those times. I told the just-as-nice people across at the Doughnut Palace that I'd include a positive review when I did this. Suffice it to say they shall be revisited also. Kudos to a Town & Country Motel and Co.!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Mt. Vernon, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

The wife and kids and I had to take a long road trip because of family issues and when we pulled into Fort Stockton all the chain hotels were either full or wanted my firstborn child to stay in a room. We stumbled upon this hotel after doing a search on my iphone. The price was very affordable and the room was super clean. The room looked like it had been redone fairly recently because there was internet and a flat screen TV. The people in the office let us have more towels and even gave us a restaurant guide to find a place to eat. The towels looked brand new and there weren't even any smudges on the light switch covers. We will be staying when we come back through.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

We arrived late afternoon to Fort Stockton, and went straight to Town & Country Motel because it was rated 3 out of 14 by Tripadvisor.com. Needless to say we were shocked when we arrived at the location and it was such a hole in the wall type motel with towels hanging in the windows for curtains. We questioned whether or not we wanted to stay at this hotel. So we decided to go eat at a local restaurant, K-Bobs, before checking into a hotel. We asked some of the local residents about Town & Country Motel, and they basically said that it was one of the worst motel/hotels in Fort Stockton. They were shocked to hear that it was rated 3 out of 14 for motel/hotel in Fort Stockton. We did not stay at Town & Country Motel and were so disappointed with the ratings that tripadvisor.com had posted on their website.

I wish that I would have taken photos of this business to share with other travelers, because you can not believe how horrible this placed looked from the outside.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Fort Stockton hotels

Been to Town & Country Motel? Share your experiences!