“Absolutely great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Reno, Nevada
“Absolutely great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

From check in to check out, this was an absolutely great place to stay. Upon arrival I was greeted promptly and on my way. I stayed in a king suite and the room was spacious and comfortable. I never heard any noise while I was here and the hotel was sold out. The bed was comfortable and the room was super clean. Easy access with I-10, easy off and easy on. Plentiful parking and free wi-fi. I will definitely stay here again when traveling I-10.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

great experience.. but after i checked out felt i pent a lil too much for a motel that offers the same qualities as others for a lower cost. but deff a very nice room and great! breakfast!!!! deff reccommend this one. if paying around a 100 is ok for you! worth it if you can afford it!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I'm not sure if this is an older property or not -- the walls were thin and I could hear the TV in the room next door, and they apparently did a recent refresh because there was still masking tape here and there in the room that they forgot to tear off. And the price is high for a motel in a small town in the middle of nowhere ... or probably that's why the price is high, because it's the only decent motel town for miles.

Otherwise, the room was okay. There was a fridge, microwave, and iron. The work desk had outlets for plugging in the laptop. The front desk people were friendly, and when I was not satisfied with the performance of the Internet in my original room, they eventually changed my room (after reading me the usual "internet not working" checklist about five times -- all front desk people are clueless about their hotels' internet, not just at this place). So in the end they made it right and that's good.

The breakfast area was huge and the lady in charge was very friendly. If I didn't have to get on the road, I might have stayed all day eating their bacon/egg/cheese bagel toppers.

Overall this place is an okay place to stop as you cruise west Texas at a legal 80mph, but the price makes it a less-than-attractive value proposition in my view. But perhaps there's not much better to choose from in Fort Stockton.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

TLiving in Texas, we have driven through Fort Stockton many times and stayed in a few of the other hotels. When I first saw that a Hampton Inn had been built, I was shocked. Fort Stockton is a small town! This is a really nice hotel - best in town. It's clean, the pool is fun for the kids, there is an IHOP that you can walk to and the rooms have always been clean. I will definitely stay here next time I am driving through.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Mission, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I don't know what happened with the other person but we were headed for Pecos and just ran out of steam so decided to stop here instead of pushing on and we are very happy that we did.

The immaculate room was a great boost to our tired eyes. The bathrooms were in top shape. The coffee the next morning was of very high quality. There is an IHOP next door if you want a full meal. The A/C is whisper quiet and the pillows were Hilton quality AND quantity. The towels were Hilton quality and AGAIN there were lots of them.

Easy on-off I-10.

The BEST part is that we paid 33% less than we would have had we went on to the Hampton in Pecos! Wish I could say the same for gas prices!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

Room rates are higher than expected. No upgrades for hotel card membership we given.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Stockton, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

We r travelin cross country & have stopped at several Hampton Inns & by far this one is the WORST & the price is the most expensive of all the Hamptons. Breakfast was horrible. Room is dirty & unusal smell . STAFF are terrible. They have no clue about customers service and how to treat guests. The elevator have been broken for three days so guests have to carry all their lugguages down & up the stairs. What bothers me most is that the staff were not concern about inconveniencing the guest, they were complaining about how their housekeepers were going to bring towels to the rooms via the stairs?? huh?? we r the ones paying $120 a night for this?? Front desk staff are rude to guests over the phone and have an 'I DONT CARE' attitude. PLEASE DO NOT STOP AT THIS HOTEL!! YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Fort Stockton? Share your experiences!