“Chicken Fried Steak” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Lockhart, Texas
“Chicken Fried Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The chicken fried steak was very good. Friday night is a busy night. Patrons waiting when we left about 6:30. Service was good. Salad bar looked very good.

Rossville, Indiana
“We'll never know.........”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We arrived early for dinner, only a couple cars in the parking lot. We waited at the hostess station for a while; the servers were gathered at the kitchen window visiting, the dining room was empty except for smoke. They looked our way occasionally, but pretended not to notice us. We decided this was not a good sign and left.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Make sure you have time to kill!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Passing through town and our hotel clerk recommended this place. It was quite crowded so we had to wait almost 30 minutes for a table. We saw a blackboard advertising Wednesday special of half off on a bottle of wine. We asked the waiter for the wine list. He brings a laminated half sheet of paper from his pocket that listed wine from "sweet" to "dry" with initials instead of names of wine and no prices! After questioning him we ended up ordering PH Cabernet. Turns out it was made right there in town. Not horrible wine, but not great either. We both ordered steak, mine with a loaded baked potato, hubby's with a sweet potato. After an interminable wait, it finally came. I took a forkful of baked potato, only to find it was straight from the refrigerator cold. The butter would not melt in it at all. They provided a hot replacement. The food was just ok, but the service was absolutely horrendous. The fellows at the table next to us had to go to the hostess station to request their check. If we pass through this town again, you can bet we won't go here.

texas
“Best Burger I have had in a long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn across the street from K Bob's Steak House. They have a huge salad bar but my husband and I opted for the angus burger with bacon, cheese and all the trimmings. It was huge and I didn't think I could finish it but when my plate went back to the kitchen it didn't need to be washed. The hamburger was that good. Try it!

spain
“Not OK Bob”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Not the best meal I have had on my 5 week road trip through the USA.
The main door had to be left open as the smoke from the kitchen was over powering the seating area.The staff were friendly and the salad bar was not bad.
That is a s good as it got, I ordered the fish later which was over cooked and completely ruined by the amount of batter and bread crumbs they had used for the coating and it was not hot.
My lady partner had the 8 once sirloin which was cold and quite rubbery, the chips/fries were cold , over cooked and over seasoned.
I cook as a hobby and I would never have served this lot up as a meal!!!!! I think we should have gone to a burger chain .

• Visited December 2012