“OK for over night stay.” 3 of 5 stars

You added Budget Inn to your Saves list
Budget Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   801 E Dickinson Blvd, Fort Stockton, TX 79735   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Fort Stockton
“OK for over night stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean. Located right off I 10. The hotel is very dated. New towels needed. Had to move microwave every time to use it. No coffee pot in room but could get coffee next door at the Shell station. Served the purpose for 1 night stay.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Excellent value, the room was clean, flat screen tv's, they gave us bottled water for the coffee maker, plenty of room and very quiet. Nice staff. We only stayed one night and did not have a reservation, they price matched as well.

• Stayed September 2012
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for a bed to sleep on without frills keep looking. Bed was HARD, like sleeping I'm the floor. Old place in need off major upgrades. Overall clean enough but spend an extra 20 and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The major brand hotels that we checked were booked as we decided to stop for the night in Fort Stockton. Reviews that we read were mixed. However, we were greeted by a pleasant young man (son of the owner?) The rooms were clean, linen was clean, mattresses appeared new with no signs of bed bugs, nice flat screen TV with either expanded cable or direct TV, and a/c in good working order. The owners were in the process of changing out "room keys" for electronic card swipe access. And it appeared the owners were repairing and updating the rooms. Yes, it is a motel, but it was a nice overnight stop on a road trip for me & my UT Austin bound son. I would rate this "excellent" for an overnight stop in Fort Stockton, although Marriott/Hilton are my usual hotel choices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Having come from a couple of nights in Motel 6's, we picked this one because we did not have to climb stairs. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised--the rooms were bigger, the bathrooms were recently remodeled, with upgraded fixtures, the TV was a newer flat screen, the bed was quite comfortable, and the room was clean.

Best of all was the welcome we received from this family run establishment.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Super gross. Guy was rude, hung up on me after I called to verify if he had two rooms. Then the price magically jumped $10. Basic room, yellow dried matter on the bed sheets, slept in my clothes. Perfect room if you are a band rolling in at 2:30am looking for 3 hours of sleep. Thank the lord above I didn't have a black light on me. Oh, added bonus of stained towels :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Sadly, I booked this motel based on some reviews online. I am amazed that anyone would rate this hotel above a 2, on a scale of 1 to 5.

Had I not been so tired when I arrived, I would have left even though I had already paid online and would not be refunded.

The front door had been recently rebuilt, the entire door jamb was new unpainted wood. I can only guess that for some reason in the recent past, it had gotten kicked in.
That made me a little nervous.

The walls were thin and subsequently noisy. The room had a fridge, but it was quite loud and I had to unplug it if I wanted to sleep or hear the 1980's vintage tube type TV.

The bathroom supplies were the tiny mini soap, and shampoo you squeeze out of a mini envelope. Works ok if you have a crew cut I guess, but I have long hair and the envelope didn't have enough shampoo in it to properly suds up. I opted to wash my hair at my next overnight stop instead.

I would not recommend this motel mainly due to the lack of cleanliness, the tattered towels that were worse than the towels I have a home that go to the rag box, and the noise level.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!