“Fine for one night, but slow Internet for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Dallas, Texas
“Fine for one night, but slow Internet for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for the night on our way from DFW to Big Bend. We needed a place that had a decent Wi-Fi connection as we were still needing to do some remote work before going off the grid in Big Bend.

My two negatives for the place was the Internet connection was slow and the quality of the exercise room was poor.

I tried to use the exercise room and even saw another guest on the treadmill, but the elliptical was really substandard and I gave up trying to use it. Plus, the room was hot and the remote to the gym TV was missing.

Pluses: great hot breakfast, nice clean rooms and modern bathrooms, and close to Wal-Mart for getting supplies for the road.

Breakfast included warm cinnamon rolls, pancakes, sausage patties, eggs, biscuits and gravy, bagels and cream cheese, English muffins or toast, yogurt, hot or cold cereal, orange juice, and of course coffee.

I just wish for the money we paid that we had a higher quality Internet connection for business use, and a nicer exercise facility.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Erin H,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our room, bathroom and breakfast.

However, We’re sorry for the poor internet connection and the fitness center. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Abilene, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stopping for a night and only need a bed? Then, this is an average accommodation. I certainly would not return for an extended stay. I debated giving a terrible "1 dot" rating, but, the people are nice and for that reason only do I upgrade them to "2 dots" for a poor rating as based on my own experience as a long stay guest.

The guests' laundry dryer has been broken for 3 or so months. No management should allow that. It doesn't matter whose fault it is or whose obligation it is to have had it fixed. Don't hold your guests hostage on things like that. We need service, not excuses. My experiences going to the coin-operated 24 hour laundry in Fort Stockton were not ideal either.

If the suites are all alike, the little wash basin for dishes is about the capacity of one gallon. You can't wash dishes without slopping water all over the place. So, what to do? You got it. Washed my dishes in the bathroom sink. Not exactly ideal, but, necessary.

I've stayed at quite a few Holiday Inns/Expresses in my days on the road. I've not had the experience in any others of not being able to sleep because the guests in the room next to me snore. It was almost like they were IN my room. Same with TV. Consequently, I had to run the heater fan all night for some white noise to help drown out, but not totally eliminate, the noise from next door.

Again, the people are kind. No complaints there. And because of their kindness, it was difficult for me, but, I relocated to another hotel in Fort Stockton and am glad I did. Now, I've got more room, at less cost, a big sink for my dishes, better and consistent internet. (Oh. I forgot that. The connection at the Holiday Inn would come and go. I never knew if I'd have something important in progress where I needed a good signal that it might just evaporate and lose a connection.) I wish I'd started where I am, instead of the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Howie G,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am glad that you found our facility clean. I’m dismayed to learn that we fell short of your expectations. We will certainly work on the points that you have raised to ensure we are able to deliver an exemplary hotel stay experience. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Fort Stockton hotels

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Spent one night in Ft. Stockton driving from AZ to TX. Good location, away from I-10 and set back from the street. Easy to get in and out. Restaurants and shopping nearby.

The room was much bigger than a normal two bedroom suite. Our stay was quiet and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed 2 different nights one going to Arizona and the other returning from Arizona. The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was very clean and spacious. We liked having the refrigerator and microwave to store and enjoy our snacks. Breakfast was great. Eggs, ham, biscuits with gravy, fruit, muffins, bagels, sweet rolls, pancakes, good coffee and a pleasant room to sit and enjoy our breakfast. We did not have any issues with noise. Oh, and the cookies that were available when we arrived were a nice tough. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Well we had a good overnight stop. Big king room/suite, in fact enormous room.
We were right by the breakfast room on the ground floor and that made it easy for breakfast in our room.
Good breakfast and good parking. Good wifi.
.Easy to find.
Not good for local restaurants---get a take in from Domino's.
I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I loved our stay! The service is great. The rooms are really big and clean. The beds are so comfortable and the sheets even smelled so fresh. In the morning there is a nice breakfast buffet and fresh coffee. I would definently recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed December 2012
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stopped for one night on route to the Guadalupe National Park. The staff were very friendly and breakfast was typical HI express. I found the hotel clean and smart and didn't have any noise issues that others have reported. I was very disappointed with the comfort of the bed. It seemed to have a thick plastic sheet on the matress which was quite noticable and unlike other hotel matress protectors.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Stockton? Share your experiences!