“They're nice...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 104 restaurants in Flower Mound
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Pacific Rim
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Piranha Killer Sushi is a premier dining destination for exquisite sushi and cuisine. KILLER SUSHI - KILLER DRINKS - KILLER ATMOSPHERE Piranha Killer Sushi serves up a twist on Japanese cuisine by fusing flavors of the Pacific Asian Rim into traditional classics as well as unique signature dishes. Piranha Killer Sushi has locations in North Arlington, South Arlington, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Austin and San Antonio with more locations on the way. Stellar guests relations and customer service is our goal as well as connecting and giving back to our communities. Piranha Killer Sushi has partnered with charities such as The Boys & Girls Club, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, March of Dimes and many more as well as conducting annual toy and canned food drives. We Welcome You to Piranha Killer Sushi!
Lewisville, Texas
“They're nice...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

The food was pretty much what you come to expect by all these 'fusion' places that have popped up in the past decade. Americans who fear true sushi need to have deep-fried rice & salmon, in order to remain somewhat within their comfort zone... Anyway, I don't blame the restaurant - because they're just trying to make the diners happy by giving them the kind of stuff they seem to want. M'eh! Anyway, if the price comes down about 15%, I'll eat there again & ask them to serve me something as close to sushi as they have. At least the staff is very pleasant!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
dallas
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Forget the typical and mundane sushi you find at 95% of suburban dallas area places. Right next to "home" you can find amazingly creative sushi dishes. I have to recommend their Escolar Ceviche- nothing like you can even imagine. A deconstructed ceviche laid delicately atop Escolar sashimi. I'll go back JUST for that!!

Get there early or book a res as this small gem fills up quickly

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DFW, Texas
“Delicious Ceviche”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Their rolls are as good as our other favorite place, Asahi, but what sets Piranha apart is the ceviche. Worth trying the Salmon or the Escolar ceviche appetizer. It was my first try at ceviche which I though usually came in a dish.

We'll have to get to the rest of the menu one of these days...

Pricewise, it's like most sushi places, $70 including the tip for two (with Sake and a glass of wine).

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas-Fort Worth
“Killer on Style Points, but not much else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

A little too tragically hip for me - but I'm likely a little outside it's target demo. Am a frequent sushi eater - at least once a week - but this left me wanting and it was "one and done" after trying it. Interesting menu items, interesting drink choices, underwhelming for the price on all fronts. Too much techno vibe throughout.

Visited May 2011
Irving, Texas
“Nice Date Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Purchased a groupon to this restaurant in Flower Mound. My husband and I were in the area so we thought we would stop in and use the groupon, plus we love sushi! The restaurant decor provided a warm atmosphere. Service wasn't rushed and the waitress was very accommodating. They had a patio which is definitely a plus for me stopping anywhere!

We started off with the crab cakes with pineapple and mango salsa. Presentation was beautiful but the crab cakes were flavorless. For dinner I ordered The Latino - shrimp tempura, asparagus, ginger cream, cream cheese, avocao, crab, jalapeno, cilantro which albeit looked beautiful, but also flavorless. The waitress mentioned it would be spicy but I did not notice a hint of spice. Had to spice it up with the wasabi/soy sauce mixture. My husband had the California Rolls and said they were very good, but how could you mess up a California Roll?

Overall it is a great date place, ambience was terrific, but the food is average.

• Visited November 2011