“Interesting experience to visit, would be disappointed if I paid” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Silverleaf Resort - The Villages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flint
Silverleaf Resort - The Villages
Save Saved
You added Silverleaf Resort - The Villages to your Saves list
18270 Singing Wood Lane, Flint, TX 75762   |
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Interesting experience to visit, would be disappointed if I paid”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went to Silverleaf as part of a visit for the timeshare trip. I only paid $79, so for a 3 day weekend, it was worth it. If I were someone that bought a timeshare though, I'd constantly wonder if it's worth whatever I paid. As part of the $79, I got a $40 Visa debit card back, plus three additional vacations, one of which includes air fare. I've yet to take the vacations, but I already know I won't be able to make all three. Of course there are catches to it. You have to provide three different dates, each 30 days apart, that you would like to take the trip, and they tell you which works best for them. Not the most convenient for normal people that have a limited # of vacation days from work, but I'm sure they know that and that's part of the plan. If everyone actually took all of these trips, they wouldn't make money. We also got a day pass to the resort and a day pass to the waterpark on site.
There is alot of patience required if you intend to take one of these trips. Many of the details provided when you sign up are not actually the truth when you arrive. It was not disclosed that we would not be staying on site. I found out after I paid that they were putting us in a La Quinta about 10-15 minutes away. No big deal, nice hotel and location. There are other small details not revealed as well, but I expected that not everything I was told would be what they made it seem.
We arrived on a Saturday and wanted to get the 90-min tour of the facility out of the way so that we could enjoy our weekend how we wanted. We arrived an hour late because the directions provided were wrong, and I could not get anyone on the phone to tell me how to get where I needed to be. Once we arrived, we had to wait for two hours before a rep was available to take us on the tour. It appears they severely overbooked, possibly because of spring break. The sales rep/tour guide drove us around in his truck, which was weird, and really did not sell the place very well at all. He was probably brand new. Did not have very polished sales skills at all, and didn't know anything about the area because he said he was from Jacksonville. The financial figures involved in purchasing a timeshare are not disclosed very well. It's very similar to the way used car sales used to be, or if you have ever seen a Rainbow or Kirby vacuum presentation, it was very much styled the same. It was very easy to get them to cut their pricing in more than half, but we were not buying anyways. Would not recommend anyone making that kind of financial commitment that quickly, without enough financial disclosure, and without enough explanation of front of what you are getting out of the resort.
I can definitely see how pre-teen and teenagers would have alot of fun on the weekend or during the summer staying at this place. A nice indoor waterpark, a club that has video games, a movie room, pool and air hockey, miniature golf, fishing, horseback riding, etc. Reminded me of church camp. I'm surprised that the members have to pay for the waterpark. That was not disclosed at all during our tour, and that would be a deal breaker for me. You can rent towels for free as a member, but they are not full-sized towels. Bring your own!
Overall, a pretty interesting place that I might make another trip to once my kids are a little older. If I had around $200 a month that I wanted to spend on something recreational, I would strongly consider this instead of a sea-do or boat or something like that. I gave an average rating because of the way they operate the business, but overall, it was actually a nice, no-frills place to chill.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Grand Chute, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Silverleaf Resorts... As a timeshare I have to say I hate them. Everything is difficult, expensive, inconvenient, and overall very frustrating. They are pushy, liars when pitching their product.
Now that you know my opinion of this place, let's just talk about my stay at The Villages as an experience like any resort vacation stay.
The room is decently clean and furnishings are mediocre. Nothing is really nice but not horrible either. The kitchen is decent but NEVER have I arrived to find everything stocked as it is supposed to be... housekeeping is sloppy with their list checking and it makes me a little scared of how clean the room actually is. The walls are PAPER THIN and we heard everything in the rooms above, below and on both sides of us. EVERYTHING
The blankets are thin, cheap, and pretty much awful and the bedspread is old, faded, and tattered as with most resorts.
This morning we went over to the waterpark. I am immediately hit with the fact that members pay to get in and only a few dollars less than the general public- strike 1. The line is enormous and only one person is working admission to the water park- strike 2. Charging for towels is unbelievable. Really? -strike 3.
Even OWNERS do not get complimentary towels? Ugh. DO NOT BUY INTO THIS PLACE PEOPLE!!!!
The park is small and overcrowded and understaffed but had there not been so many people crammed in there it might have been worth visiting for FREE as an OWNER at the resort. It was not free though... We paid just like the public pays :( hmmm...
So now we have a problematic, inconvenient, overcrowded, over priced resort.

*They seriously need to do some work.*

As a visitor to the resort I am not impressed and would not even consider coming back especially with the. Just say NO people. Really. You do not want to get involved with this company. I promise.

Room Tip: ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS **INSIST** - ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT FAIL- INSISIT on a top floor corner unit!! It...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Perryville, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed here in September and did not even stay the week. First off my son started coughing as soon as we got in our room. My husband got very sick and ended up in an urgent care faciliity and my eyes burned like crazy the whole time we were in our room. We noticed that as soon as we left our room our symtoms eased. We asked to be moved to a different room and explained our issue. The staff was not kind but 6 hours later they called to say our new room was ready. Well the symtoms were just as bad in the second room. Never even receive a phone call to see if it was any better. Our socks ere completely black after being in the room for less than thirty minutes, paint was chipped off all over the cabinets, went to pull on a drawer in the bathroom it fell off in my hand, and the furniture was very worn and dirty. Also you have to have a special access code to get to the beach, marina, and pool. The pool we did get the privilege to access had black mold where you walk in and it needed to be cleaned. There are not washing machines in the units and to do your laundry in the laundry area is quite expensive, there also isn't dvd players in the units, you have to rent them.
Our experience was quite horrible. I would not recommend this resort to my worst enemy.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
san antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had a nice time here, 3rd visit with a silverleaf facility. Kids played in the waterpark, very nice, not crowded at all, kids got to ride the slides without typical long lines. enjoyed, and look forward to the the next visit.

Room Tip: didn't know about a fitness center.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pasadena, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I waited a while before getting checked in and actually approached three employees before I got assistance. The condo was not as clean as expected. There was debris in the sofa sleeper, we found costume jewelry under the bed, and the whirlpool tub was gritty. I love the resort its self. Location is great. The grounds were very clean and I loved seeing the employees always throughout the grounds. My family will definitely be visiting this location again!

• Stayed September 2012
Marshall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Villages for one week in August 2012. We have stayed here several times previously over the past seven years.

ROOM

My wife originally rented a one-bedroom unit in the central hub of the resort, but we were informed upon arrival that we had been upgraded from the one-bedroom unit to a two-bedroom unit in their newer Beach Club units (which, with our two children, was great). My guess is that we were upgraded because occupancy is lower at hotels and resorts in East Texas in August. My wife and I have stayed at The Villages previously in the units more central to the resort. The units we stayed in were fine for our purposes, but they were more dated. The units at Beach Club were exceptional! When we arrived, our unit was clean, and the unit had everything we’d need for the week. The second bedroom had direct door access to the outside walking area, so we made sure to keep it locked from the inside. The beds were comfortable, as were all the furniture. We enjoyed sitting out on our balcony and enjoying nature (we had a wooded view of the trees separating the units from the recreational area beside the lake – the trees served as a great sound barrier. The kitchen area had a sitting area at a bar and at a formal table. The living room was spacious, and we fit 8 people in it comfortably (two young children played on the floor mostly, however). The bathroom had separate toilet room, shower, and jet tub of good quality. The only negative that we noticed is one that is popular across resorts: noise. While we could not hear any noise from the outside, we could hear the people walking in the room above us. We never heard other forms of noise from any of the adjoining rooms, but foot traffic was audible consistently.

STAFF

We had limited interaction with staff, but the interaction we had was favorable. Charli, part of the front desk staff, was friendly and very helpful. I had stayed at the Villages several times, and she informed me of helpful tips I had not known. Our relatives, who also booked a week, had a minor maintenance concern, and it was immediately addressed by staff when they were contacted.

AMENITIES OF THE RESORT

Beyond our room, the resort had many amenities. Depending where you stay at the resort, you will have to travel to activities by car. When we have stayed in the older units, we could take a short walk (5 minutes) to the waterpark, basketball courts, tennis courts, restaurants, mini-golf, and other amenities. From the Beach Club units, we could have walked 10-15 minutes to a major recreational area right beside the lake with volleyball, basketball, swimming, picnic, and other opportunities. However, from Beach Club, most amenities of the resort are accessible by driving. Of note, WIFI is not available in units. It is available from the Clubhouse area (where the Pizza Hut is) and from the Marina. The Marina also now has a restaurant in it, and owners may use the boat ramp for free.

Things To Do

My family and I live about 90 minutes away from the resort, so we didn’t spend much time sightseeing during our stay. However, Tyler is only a 20-minute drive from the resort. There are many places to eat and shop in Tyler. My family particularly enjoys the Caldwell Zoo. It has a lot of great exhibits, and there is a lot of shade (a plus in the Texas heat). The main eating area in the zoo is also part of the African safari exhibit, which my kids just love! Dallas and the metroplex are a relatively short drive away as well. If you’re a fisherperson, Lake Palestine is accessible from the resort, but so are a number of other lakes. East Texas has excellent fishing opportunities.

SUMMARY

All in all, we have found over the years that our stays at The Villages are pleasant and relaxing. Be aware that as a “rural” resort, you will have to drive to some amenities and area attractions. However, there is plenty to do at the resort. The resort is family friendly. We will keep coming back!

Room Tip: Beach Club units are modernized and near a wonderful lakeside recreational area.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We are Diamond members since 1996 we always have problems getting in so we bought another timeshare with them to become Diamond members but still have the same problem since they built the Presidential Suites it seems like you have to own Red only or a suite to get in. I was so excited when we finally got in January 13,2012 unfortunately it was on a Friday and it stood up to its name a nightmare. I work at a Resort and was educated in Bedbugs our staff had to be highly trained due to the fact that no matter how expensive or where your located no one is above a bedbug exposure anyone who flies or travels are highly exposed. But if you are aware and knowledgeable you can prevent or eliminate them immediately. Well now since I am aware I don't sleep anywhere until I check all ruffles that are located under the mattress where they mostly live due to the warmth and easy access to the human blood. I noticed right away the blood spots they leave behind on the ruffle and living bedbugs. I was told they were sold out sorry they cannot accommodate me I insisted since I drove many many hours to get there that's unacceptable as people were checking in I was not going to jeopardize their reputation but the more they were sending me away I did tend to get loud. Funny out of nowhere they found a room 666 it being Friday 13th and with 3 little kids I had to convince them its OK I looked again and wow bedbugs in a whole different unit other side of other one sounds like an epidemic? Manager called me a liar and housekeeping came in and called the front desk and told her yes bedbugs. Again they are so sold so sorry not any remorse or concern just looking at me like Ive ruined their night I finally only because I was then furious and loud people are chkg in they gave me a good room. I got a call from manager Anastasia said they had a pest control come in on a Saturday lol yeah right and they said it was roaches no" I'm sorry" no awesome customer service just I'm a liar I had pics examined and their housekeeper said they got in trouble for telling us the truth they were suppose to lie and they didn't care they felt bad which they were the awesome amazing customer service HOUSEKEEPING (they went in and threw all sheets in a bag from the infested rooms and followed me to last room to help chk for bedbugs) that is why I waited so long to tell this. So they wouldn't be fired. But I have photos to share always look in ruffles for small brown bugs and blood spots they drag your blood back to where they hide. By the way I know corporate had to have gotten a notice never 1 call from them. Very sad.....

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Silverleaf Resort - The Villages? Share your experiences!