“Stay away, far, far away from this resort.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Silverleaf Resort - The Villages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flint
Silverleaf Resort - The Villages
18270 Singing Wood Lane, Flint, TX 75762   |
Perryville, Missouri
“Stay away, far, far away from this resort.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed here in September and did not even stay the week. First off my son started coughing as soon as we got in our room. My husband got very sick and ended up in an urgent care faciliity and my eyes burned like crazy the whole time we were in our room. We noticed that as soon as we left our room our symtoms eased. We asked to be moved to a different room and explained our issue. The staff was not kind but 6 hours later they called to say our new room was ready. Well the symtoms were just as bad in the second room. Never even receive a phone call to see if it was any better. Our socks ere completely black after being in the room for less than thirty minutes, paint was chipped off all over the cabinets, went to pull on a drawer in the bathroom it fell off in my hand, and the furniture was very worn and dirty. Also you have to have a special access code to get to the beach, marina, and pool. The pool we did get the privilege to access had black mold where you walk in and it needed to be cleaned. There are not washing machines in the units and to do your laundry in the laundry area is quite expensive, there also isn't dvd players in the units, you have to rent them.
Our experience was quite horrible. I would not recommend this resort to my worst enemy.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
san antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had a nice time here, 3rd visit with a silverleaf facility. Kids played in the waterpark, very nice, not crowded at all, kids got to ride the slides without typical long lines. enjoyed, and look forward to the the next visit.

Room Tip: didn't know about a fitness center.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pasadena, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I waited a while before getting checked in and actually approached three employees before I got assistance. The condo was not as clean as expected. There was debris in the sofa sleeper, we found costume jewelry under the bed, and the whirlpool tub was gritty. I love the resort its self. Location is great. The grounds were very clean and I loved seeing the employees always throughout the grounds. My family will definitely be visiting this location again!

• Stayed September 2012
Marshall, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Villages for one week in August 2012. We have stayed here several times previously over the past seven years.

ROOM

My wife originally rented a one-bedroom unit in the central hub of the resort, but we were informed upon arrival that we had been upgraded from the one-bedroom unit to a two-bedroom unit in their newer Beach Club units (which, with our two children, was great). My guess is that we were upgraded because occupancy is lower at hotels and resorts in East Texas in August. My wife and I have stayed at The Villages previously in the units more central to the resort. The units we stayed in were fine for our purposes, but they were more dated. The units at Beach Club were exceptional! When we arrived, our unit was clean, and the unit had everything we’d need for the week. The second bedroom had direct door access to the outside walking area, so we made sure to keep it locked from the inside. The beds were comfortable, as were all the furniture. We enjoyed sitting out on our balcony and enjoying nature (we had a wooded view of the trees separating the units from the recreational area beside the lake – the trees served as a great sound barrier. The kitchen area had a sitting area at a bar and at a formal table. The living room was spacious, and we fit 8 people in it comfortably (two young children played on the floor mostly, however). The bathroom had separate toilet room, shower, and jet tub of good quality. The only negative that we noticed is one that is popular across resorts: noise. While we could not hear any noise from the outside, we could hear the people walking in the room above us. We never heard other forms of noise from any of the adjoining rooms, but foot traffic was audible consistently.

STAFF

We had limited interaction with staff, but the interaction we had was favorable. Charli, part of the front desk staff, was friendly and very helpful. I had stayed at the Villages several times, and she informed me of helpful tips I had not known. Our relatives, who also booked a week, had a minor maintenance concern, and it was immediately addressed by staff when they were contacted.

AMENITIES OF THE RESORT

Beyond our room, the resort had many amenities. Depending where you stay at the resort, you will have to travel to activities by car. When we have stayed in the older units, we could take a short walk (5 minutes) to the waterpark, basketball courts, tennis courts, restaurants, mini-golf, and other amenities. From the Beach Club units, we could have walked 10-15 minutes to a major recreational area right beside the lake with volleyball, basketball, swimming, picnic, and other opportunities. However, from Beach Club, most amenities of the resort are accessible by driving. Of note, WIFI is not available in units. It is available from the Clubhouse area (where the Pizza Hut is) and from the Marina. The Marina also now has a restaurant in it, and owners may use the boat ramp for free.

Things To Do

My family and I live about 90 minutes away from the resort, so we didn’t spend much time sightseeing during our stay. However, Tyler is only a 20-minute drive from the resort. There are many places to eat and shop in Tyler. My family particularly enjoys the Caldwell Zoo. It has a lot of great exhibits, and there is a lot of shade (a plus in the Texas heat). The main eating area in the zoo is also part of the African safari exhibit, which my kids just love! Dallas and the metroplex are a relatively short drive away as well. If you’re a fisherperson, Lake Palestine is accessible from the resort, but so are a number of other lakes. East Texas has excellent fishing opportunities.

SUMMARY

All in all, we have found over the years that our stays at The Villages are pleasant and relaxing. Be aware that as a “rural” resort, you will have to drive to some amenities and area attractions. However, there is plenty to do at the resort. The resort is family friendly. We will keep coming back!

Room Tip: Beach Club units are modernized and near a wonderful lakeside recreational area.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We are Diamond members since 1996 we always have problems getting in so we bought another timeshare with them to become Diamond members but still have the same problem since they built the Presidential Suites it seems like you have to own Red only or a suite to get in. I was so excited when we finally got in January 13,2012 unfortunately it was on a Friday and it stood up to its name a nightmare. I work at a Resort and was educated in Bedbugs our staff had to be highly trained due to the fact that no matter how expensive or where your located no one is above a bedbug exposure anyone who flies or travels are highly exposed. But if you are aware and knowledgeable you can prevent or eliminate them immediately. Well now since I am aware I don't sleep anywhere until I check all ruffles that are located under the mattress where they mostly live due to the warmth and easy access to the human blood. I noticed right away the blood spots they leave behind on the ruffle and living bedbugs. I was told they were sold out sorry they cannot accommodate me I insisted since I drove many many hours to get there that's unacceptable as people were checking in I was not going to jeopardize their reputation but the more they were sending me away I did tend to get loud. Funny out of nowhere they found a room 666 it being Friday 13th and with 3 little kids I had to convince them its OK I looked again and wow bedbugs in a whole different unit other side of other one sounds like an epidemic? Manager called me a liar and housekeeping came in and called the front desk and told her yes bedbugs. Again they are so sold so sorry not any remorse or concern just looking at me like Ive ruined their night I finally only because I was then furious and loud people are chkg in they gave me a good room. I got a call from manager Anastasia said they had a pest control come in on a Saturday lol yeah right and they said it was roaches no" I'm sorry" no awesome customer service just I'm a liar I had pics examined and their housekeeper said they got in trouble for telling us the truth they were suppose to lie and they didn't care they felt bad which they were the awesome amazing customer service HOUSEKEEPING (they went in and threw all sheets in a bag from the infested rooms and followed me to last room to help chk for bedbugs) that is why I waited so long to tell this. So they wouldn't be fired. But I have photos to share always look in ruffles for small brown bugs and blood spots they drag your blood back to where they hide. By the way I know corporate had to have gotten a notice never 1 call from them. Very sad.....

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Mesquite, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My family and I went to the Villages for the 4th of July weekend. Our overall stay was ok. The condo we stayed in was very old and outdated. The water smelled funny and the tv's were from the 80s. The living room had a tv with the vcr attachment - but the place to put the vhs was missing and the buttons on the tv was missing. I have not seen this type of tv in years. There was a bug in my bed and the toliet was not cleaned good. If you stay here be sure to bring plenty of Lysol, bleach, and your own linens.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This was our first time staying at this location and I have to say, I was expecting a lot worse. From the bad reviews on this and other sites, I was still willing to give it a shot and I was pleasantly surprised.

I do have to mention that we stayed midweek and right after a holiday weekend so there was hardly anyone there, which I think added to my good review.

We came out here just to get away from the city and I knew this place was in the woods and on a lake which was a really nice change for my small family. We loved getting away for a few days. Most of the times our cell phones didn't even work which made it better I think. The wifi was available for free in the main event center.

We pulled up to check in and we were in the office for less than 5 minutes. Super Quick. They told us where are cabin was and we were off. Yes, we were shacked up on the other side of the property right by the lake. It was a drive to the main lot, but it was not bad at all.

The cabin was nice. It had 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms, living room with a pull out sofa, 2 flat screen TVs, full kitchen and a patio with furniture. The couch was not all that comfortable and the only thing that didn't work was the ceiling fan in the living room. Other than that everything was perfect. The cabin was very clean and inviting.

Our first night there we did eat at the main building where they had regular food and also Pizza Hut and A&W options. My wife and I shared a BLT that was HUGE and only $3. My wife also had the fried pickles and there were tons of them for about $3.50. My son had the personal pizza and he really liked it. It did take a while for the food to come out even though there was not that many people waiting, but it didn't really bother us that much. We ended up playing in the game room after dinner and my son loved it. I did read a review where people complained about all the workers are teen age kids. It did not bother us, because where else in that town are they going to work....there is not that much out there. Yes, they were eating behind the counter where we could see them, but who cares really. They were all nice and helped up out when ever we needed them and that is all that matters.

We did not make it to the water park or any of the pools, we will do all that stuff next time. Maybe when our son is a little older we will rent a boat to take on the lake and do other stuff like that. All in all we will come back and maybe even later this year. They also offered a theater that shows movies throughout the day and activities for the kids all around the property.

The best advise I can offer you is to book midweek and after a holiday when there is like no one there. It was good to get away and not have a bunch of people or kids running around up and down the streets like a few reviews have mentioned. We had a great time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Silverleaf Resort - The Villages? Share your experiences!