“Very nice and we went at a great time.....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silverleaf Resort - The Villages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flint
Silverleaf Resort - The Villages
You added Silverleaf Resort - The Villages to your Saves list
18270 Singing Wood Lane, Flint, TX 75762   |
Dallas, Texas
“Very nice and we went at a great time.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This was our first time staying at this location and I have to say, I was expecting a lot worse. From the bad reviews on this and other sites, I was still willing to give it a shot and I was pleasantly surprised.

I do have to mention that we stayed midweek and right after a holiday weekend so there was hardly anyone there, which I think added to my good review.

We came out here just to get away from the city and I knew this place was in the woods and on a lake which was a really nice change for my small family. We loved getting away for a few days. Most of the times our cell phones didn't even work which made it better I think. The wifi was available for free in the main event center.

We pulled up to check in and we were in the office for less than 5 minutes. Super Quick. They told us where are cabin was and we were off. Yes, we were shacked up on the other side of the property right by the lake. It was a drive to the main lot, but it was not bad at all.

The cabin was nice. It had 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms, living room with a pull out sofa, 2 flat screen TVs, full kitchen and a patio with furniture. The couch was not all that comfortable and the only thing that didn't work was the ceiling fan in the living room. Other than that everything was perfect. The cabin was very clean and inviting.

Our first night there we did eat at the main building where they had regular food and also Pizza Hut and A&W options. My wife and I shared a BLT that was HUGE and only $3. My wife also had the fried pickles and there were tons of them for about $3.50. My son had the personal pizza and he really liked it. It did take a while for the food to come out even though there was not that many people waiting, but it didn't really bother us that much. We ended up playing in the game room after dinner and my son loved it. I did read a review where people complained about all the workers are teen age kids. It did not bother us, because where else in that town are they going to work....there is not that much out there. Yes, they were eating behind the counter where we could see them, but who cares really. They were all nice and helped up out when ever we needed them and that is all that matters.

We did not make it to the water park or any of the pools, we will do all that stuff next time. Maybe when our son is a little older we will rent a boat to take on the lake and do other stuff like that. All in all we will come back and maybe even later this year. They also offered a theater that shows movies throughout the day and activities for the kids all around the property.

The best advise I can offer you is to book midweek and after a holiday when there is like no one there. It was good to get away and not have a bunch of people or kids running around up and down the streets like a few reviews have mentioned. We had a great time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We are RCI members. We booked the resort for a week with our children and grandchildren also coming for a family get together. There were lots of things for the children to do; the two swiming pools, miniature golf, pool tables, ping pong, etc. They enjoyed the waterpark but it is overpriced for families. We found out that most of the visitors were there for their free 3-day stay while listening to a sales pitch -- thus, most of the visitors made us very uncomfortable.

Our grandson was on the monkey bars for less than one minute, fell and broke his arm. One of the rings was greasy and his hand slipped. The ground underneath was unlevel, so there was no "cush" to soften his fall. I reported this to the office and their police officer came to our unit, getting our written statement, dismissing them of liability. He assured me the playground would be leveled and the monkey bars attended to -- well, we left four days later and it was still in the same condition.

Inside: The inside unit certainly doesn't look like the pictures on the website. The sofa and chairs were just ok -- but worn out. The bedding was just awful. The pillows were worse than awful. I hate to write such negative things, but for adults, this was a very uncomfortable trip. The kids didn't seem to mind, other than the broken arm!!!! The kitchen utensils were very old and sparce. We had to call 3 times during the week, requesting more trash bags. When they brought us more, we had to sign for them. I wonder how much one trash bag costs them. We also had to request dishwasher soap and sign for that. We finally just went to the store and bought what we needed ourselves.

This really ticked my husband off. In the evening, we wanted to turn on a dvd for the kids. The units have old-style tvs and do not have a dvd player. You can rent one for one day for $7. If you are late returning it, you owe them $35.

We took our boat to do some fishing. The fish weren't biting but we did enjoy the lake. We found the marina to be accessible.

The nearest grocery store is only a few miles away, Brookshires. Plan to spend about 25% more than you would at Krogers -- but it is handy.

The trip was for the kids and they enjoyed it. The adults, however -- Let's just say it was a long week!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been remodeled. I don't know if they have any or not, but I would certa...
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We bought the 3 days 2 night stay from a kiosk in Grapevine Mills..I was so excited I was told that we could choose from Flint resort or the one @ Canyon Lake resort ....they guy told me that from the Canyon Lake one San Antonio was only 15 minutes away....Not! More like an hour and 15 minutes away! When I called to book our vacation I was told we would not stay in the resort...which when I bought it I was told we were. We would be staying at a Sleep Inn Hotel..Idk but I guess if they would of booked us in the resort we would of probably fell for it and bought the time share...I guess it's their loss. This crap was not even worth my time filling out the damn paper at the kiosk...Really upset!!!

Room Tip: Do not buy!!!!!
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I'm having to re-do this review thru some fault of TripAdvisor and it's painful. We had medium expectations for the property until we arrived. The more we saw the more we liked. There are many nice folks at check in and that area contains the activity center and covered water park. There is food, billiards, games and noise there. The miniature golf was very nice - we played 6 times. The Presidential Beach Resort was beautiful inside & out. It was the best we've stayed in. We had 2 br's, 2 king beds, 2 baths, 2 kitchens and a jacuzzi. We had a visiting kitty and 2 cardinals daily. Below us were the pool, hot tub, sandy beach, pavillion, volley ball and shaded lounging. The marina was minimal but adequate - we just ate there. Food in the area is scarce but good - Unk's Shrimp Shack, The Blue Barn in Noonday and of course anything you want in Tyler. We went to the Cherokee Trace Animal Park outside Jacksonville which was nice. We had a great time despite the golf tournament being rained out.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Bossier City, La
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We received this vacation from a friend who has a timeshare through RCI. We took our 3 boys, ages 3, 5 and 16. Overall, we had a great time. I'll start with the positives.

We were fortunate to get to stay in the Presidentials, which was the Beach Club Resort area. This area, although about a mile drive to the activity center, was awesome b/c it had it's own private beach area and pool. The beach was clean. There was volley ball available and you can also fish from there. However, no swimming is allowed. The pool was fantastic for kids. There is a separate kid pool with giant waterfall and also a hot tub for the adults. Outside of the pool there is another water play area. There is also a very nice playground near the pool. The grounds are very well kept. There are grills located near every unit. We did not mind the drive to the activity center because we enjoyed having the privacy and added amenities of the Presidentials. Our room, which I'm assuming is the same for each condo there, had 2 bedrooms. One with a queen bed and one with a king. The couch in the LR folds out into a bed but is not comfortable (most fold outs are not!). The unit had one full kitchen and one of the bedrooms had a kitchenette as well. There were 2 full BR's, one with a jetted tub. My favorite part of the unit was the washer and dryer! I was so surprised to find it- made life lots easier that week. There was a DR table that sat 6 and a bar that sat 3. The kitchen is stocked with every utensil, pot, etc. that you will need. The beds were very comfy. Bring your own pillows, though. Ours were NOT comfy. The unit had a nice balcony, too with a slight view of the lake. There is another set of Presidential condos right next to the Marina that have a full view of the lake. These are not as private, though. The Villages is a huge spread out with a nice variety of units accommodating all price ranges. There is no shortage of things to do for young kids. There are activities scheduled each day such as coloring contests, games, contests, family activities, ping pong tables, even a small movie theatre. You can rent movies and check out a variety of board games anytime. The mini golf course is nice. My boys loved the arcade. The marina is about a mile away. There are several fishing docs there. We rented paddle boats. You can also rent kayaks and pontoons. Trail rides are available but we were disappointed that the minimum age for this was 8 yrs old. Within the activity center there is an A&W and Pizza Hut. There are a few local places to eat outside of The Villages- Sonic, a crawfish place, a shrimp place, etc. You have to try Pop's Fried Chicken, too! Yummy. If needed, there is an Urgent Care about 3 miles away. We ended up here when my oldest son got sick while there. In and out in about 30 minutes. Tyler is a 10 minute drive from The Villages. We visited the zoo which was fun. Also enjoyed the Brookshire's Animal Museum. They have a small mall and a few movie theaters. We LOVED the water part on site. This time of year is a great time to go- we never waited in line. We received fast service when we requested towels, etc.

Okay, now for the cons. I will admit that my level of cleanliness is high, so other's opinion of the cleanliness of the rooms may vary. I found the carpet in our room was disgusting. Our socks were black within a few hours of being there. It was obviously old, which I'm sure played a part. Our room had a foul odor, also. We called about this right away and they were quick to send someone over. She sprayed our room with deodorizer which just added a flowery scent on top of the existing odor- yuck. There was a black ozone air machine in our room when we arrived which meant they were aware of the smell. The smell lingered on through out our stay. I asked them to shampoo the carpet which they did the same day. I was hoping that would help the smell, but it did not. The smell got some better but it still hit us in the face each time we opened the door. The base boards were dirty. I don't think anyone cleaned behind the toilets in a while b/c there were yellow urine stains on the wall and base boards. The couches smelled like cigarette smoke. There are no smoking signs posted all over the room so I guess this was not here fault but instead contributed to people who have no respect for the facility or those that will stay after them. I would also say that customer service is hit or miss. The activity coordinator was super friendly. The girl who answered our service calls was not. The staff who came to deodorize and clean the carpet were obviously very busy and let us know just how busy they were with the short attitudes and unconvincing "thank you's." The staff at the restaurants were always friendly.

We had a great time- just wish the rooms were cleaner and a few of the staff members would've been a little friendlier. This trip was for our kids and fortunately they did not notice either of these issues :).

Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We decided to go The Villages in February so the kids could have some water-fun in the winter. The water park is great, the kids spent all day there. Our cabin was in a separate area than the Water Park so we had to drive to get there, would have rather been closer.
We arrived late at night and the security guard checked us in, had a really hard time finding the unit at night, but once we did it was nice, clean and quiet.
The lake is beautiful, and this resort has some of the nicest pools. Of course it was too cold to swim outside in February. (This was our second stay, the first was in May and we loved the outside pools during that stay.)
I have never stayed here in the summer or during a busy season, so I can't say how that would be, but it is a nice, quiet and scenic resort during the off season.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Tyler, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I am a Level 3 armed security officer. After my post closed down in February, I applied to the Villages as a security officer. They had alreqady hired a full staff and I was next in line to be hired. I found another security job. In April of 2012, I got a call from Rebecca Hitt, General Manager for Lake of the Woods, another Silverleaf Property a few miles from the Villages. I completed the interview process and was hired pending a drug screen and background check. I passed both. Rebecca Hitt strung me along for two weeks, until she finally answered one of my e-mails. She would not return a phone call at all and I made numerous ones. The e-mail stated that lake of the woods had re-structured their security staff and would only work with two officers. This re-structuring was done after a verbal job offer was made to me by Rebecca Hitt and the Regional Manager. I'm glaqd I did not go to work for them as I can clearly see from the way they treat their employees, they are trash. I too have visited the Villages and heard their hit sales pitches and the promises of what you have won. They offfer everyone the same thing and deliver the real prize maybe once a year. They are cheap shoddy salesman and con-artists. The only good thing about the Villages is that they have the nicest deep water marina on the Lake and they charge you for it too. $3.00 per boat launch and their prices on bait, drinks, and everything else is extremely high. The best advice I have is don't buy anything from these crooks. If youhave already bought a timeshare, I would tell you to seel it quickly and take your loss.

Room Tip: Don't buy anything from these crooks.
Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Silverleaf Resort - The Villages? Share your experiences!