“What is the hoopla about?” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Flint
Cuisines: American
Texas
“What is the hoopla about?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

After hearing all the bragging about the BBQ we ventured to Purple Pig. Indifferent staff and ordering experience, tough meat and nasty thin sauce. Even the potato salad not good enough to be called average. Pass this one up, there are much better places to spend your money.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Flint
“Not that good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Food was not as good as it should be - horrable waitress. Could not get our order corrected and was very disapointed.

Tyler Texas USA
“Our regular hang out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Locally famous food. Great atmosphere. The owner is Apache and he has American Indian fare on the menu, including delicious Anasazi beans.

Bullard, Texas USA
“Excellent BBQ and Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

The pulled pork is excellent and the side dishes are great. It is hard to know what to pick. Friendly staff, quick service. We go to Purple Pig every time we want BBQ.

Tyler, Texas
“Interesting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

This place looks like a shack standing along the side of the road. It was recommended to us by someone we met while in the area. It is what many people call a bar-b-q joint. They have several different types of meat sandwiches, although everyone in our group got the pulled pork, which was excellent. You get two sides with a sandwich. They have several different choices for the sides. Some of the sides were really good, others, not so much. If you like potato salad made with dill pickles, you'll probably like the potato salad. This is the way my sister-in-law likes it and she loved it. I prefer sweet pickles so I wasn't nearly as fond of it. I also got the rice as a side dish. It was very different, and honestly, I never decided how well I liked it because it was so different.
We were there on a Sunday afternoon, and they were fairly busy. The service was a little slow, but not horribly so, by any means. The sandwiches themselves were good enough to get me back there, if I was in the area again. I'd definitely like to try their beef and their sausage. I'd just hope I could find some sides closer to my liking. I'm sure part of my issue with the sides is that they are more of the southern variety of cooking, and I grew up well north of the Mason-Dixon line.

• Visited January 2012