“Now Crawdaddy's! Great food and service!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 8 restaurants in Flint
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
texas
“Now Crawdaddy's! Great food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

First time eating here. Wonderful deck and patio. More like a seafood dive so wear jeans! Place was packed on a Sunday night. The seasoned waitress did a beautiful job. She was well informed and listened to us. She recognized we were from out of town and staying at a local resort. She made us aware of a discount that was offered. Great!

The food: Fabulous. My husband and father had the crayfish 5lb. special. My husband eat's a lot of crayfish. He said this was best and spiciest crayfish he had ever had. They were big and plump. He wanted to take some home but ate all of it! I stole a potato from my husbands basket and it was super yummy and spicy. I had the fried catfish which was way too salty. The kids ate the fried shrimp basket and it was very good. Wish there was a bit more shrimp for the price. My mother said she had the best etouffee ever, however, was served on a plate. The fried pickles were the best I had eaten in a long time. Love that they do not use corn meal to fry it up. We spooned over about eighty dollars to feed a family of seven (including three kids). It was not quite enough food. The prices are not bad but wish there was a little more food to our plates.

So irritated I forgot to take pictures. We can't wait to go back! My husband is already planning his next crayfish trip.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

28% Recommend
Whitehouse, Texas
“Overpriced and be prepared to wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We've eaten at Cajun Bayou twice and each time were told that we'd have to wait at least 30 minutes before we would be served the crawfish we ordered. The first time we went there we had to wait 1-1/2 hours before being served, and we noticed that everyone in the restaurant was also waiting and no one had food at their tables. Seems very strange since the restaurant really promotes itself as the place to go for crawfish in the area. In any event, the crawfish finally arrived after 40 minutes last night, and it was questionable as to whether it would actually have weighed (you order crawfish by the pound) the amounts we ordered. The crawfish was pretty good, but no better than any other places you can get it. When you order crawfish, that's all you get unless you order sides, which were extremely overpriced...$1.99 for one small piece of corn on the cob, $1.99 for two tiny new potatoes, and the crawfish was $6.50 a pound! At that price you'd expect the potatoes and corn to accompany the meal for free. It's also BOYB, so bring your own beer and be prepared to wait...and wait...and wait.

Visited March 2012
texas
“I won't be going back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

HORRIBLE!!!! This place is appearantly now called Crawdaddys. We drove 40 miles from Palestine to get here. This is the worst place I have eaten in years. We arrived about 6:00PM last Saturday. For a beverage I ordered unsweet tea since most sweet too is WAY too sweet for me. Silly me, I thought they would have artifical sweetener I could use. I was wrong. They had none. Unblievable, but wait, it gets worse, much worse. After waiting for them to come up with some, I gave up and asked for sugar. Guess what, they didn't have that either. Unexcuseable for a "restaurant". Moving on to dinner, I ordered an appetizer, the mud puppies. I also ordered the $11 fried shrimp. My wife ordered the bear butt chicken. A few minutes later our server told us they were out of the chicken. She changed her order to the gumbo only to be told they were out of that too. Unexcuseable for early on a Saturday. After anbot half an hour, the meal finally came. So did the appetizer. I thought the purpose of an appetizer was to appear before the main meal. I expressed my unhappiness only to be greeted by a shrug and "I tried to get it out earlier" by our server. Now to my shrimp. The six "butterflied" shrimp I got would have been thrown out by Long John Silvers. They were small and definitely not worth $11. I have gotten fast food shrimp for half the price that were better. My wife said her chicken was OK, nothing to write home about. We will NOT be going back, a sentiment expressed by another customer in the line to pay ahread of me. There are some many things wrong with this place I really don't have the time to detail them. Perhaps the worst was the total lack of any sense of concern by the staff. I urge you to pass on this too. BTW, I am still waiting on a refill on my unsweet tea.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tyler, Texas
“Good all around food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We have been there a few times. Like Purple Pig and alot of the local small town restaurants they struuggle with top quailty wait staff and service. Here isn't as bad. Majority sitting is outside but they do have some inside. Expect a tad slower service and you will really enjoy ths place. Food is outstanding and fresh. You can tell the owner has spent alot of time and money and is getting close to having this place running smooth. Good enough we took my parents for my birthday. Outdoor sitting is nice on a nice day. Dont forget ot get the fried corn appetizer!!

• Visited March 2011