“shocked” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Olle Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Flatonia
Olle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Flatonia
hoover
“shocked”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I just called this hotel and told them that I was trying to find a hotel for my son, his wife, and their baby they were traveling and we low on gas but had enough to make it to Flatonia. I told her I live in Alabama but was trying to find them a place to stay. I was told no because they had business travelers and they cannot have a baby in the hotel. I was shocked so I was short and said thank you and hung up. She must have starred 69 me because she called me back and told me she did have an apartment that they could have a baby in and I said no that wouldn't work as I just saw their prices and was certain they couldn't afford it. I told her they only had $60 (looking at their prices they were almost double their budget so I know I should have saw that first I just didn't) She giggled and said no that is how much we pay to have the apartment cleaned. Yet again I was surprised that she would say that that way even if she were irritated that I didn't read prices before calling (which is only my guess not a fact) I asked her are you saying your cleaning person charges $60 just to clean that. She said it was very big and this was a Bad and breakfast not a hotel. I said your information does say Olle Hotel and she said yes it has been that name for over a hundred years (she may have said longer I cannot remember). I said really this not worth your time because they don't have any more money than $60. I said goodbye kind of rudely and hung up. Should I have read things better? Yes. Could she have been kinder or have been more professional? Yes. I never have stayed at this hotel but wanted to share this experience because it upset me.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Schenectady
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Form the moment we arrived at the Olle to our departure it was wonderful.

The hotel is beautiful each room tastefully designed. The Innkeeper (Kathryn) is a wonderful host and fabulous cook. Breakfast each morning delicious and relaxing.
The front porch beckons for relaxation with the beautiful rockers. The town is delightful..............Flatonia and the Olle Hotel not to be missed. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: There are ten rooms each one a treasure.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

This beautiful B&B was a pleasure to stay in. The breakfast was wonderful - egg & sausage caserole, local baked goods, fresh fruit, OK, coffee - fantastic! Also, the staff was friendly and helpful. We were trying to figure out how to get to the old Czech painted churches in the area and the hostess printed out a huge map circling the 8 or so nearby - so helpful!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Hillsborough, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

We were driving from Big Bend towards Houston, uncertain where to find a place to spend the night, darkness falling on cold day. Intrigued by the name "Flatonia" we googled and discovered the town had a non-chain hotel; we took a chance and the exit. A phone number hangs from the hand painted sign of the Olle Hotel; you step into a world of old fashioned grace and honesty. We waited in an elegant living room for Catherine, the proprietress, who was at her ranch helping to deliver a calf. A gracious, easy going, amazingly talented woman, she has created the inn I always thought existed somewhere in the world but never found until The Olle. Simple bedrooms with real furniture; would not change a thing.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We decided to stay at the Olle Hotel on short notice. The location was convenient to I-10 and Flatonia was a lovely place to visit. Our contact at the hotel, Kathryn, was very accommodating and hospitable. She went out of her way to help us gather some local information to meet our needs. The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The entire property was appealing. We enjoyed a delicious country breakfast the next morning. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay. We definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

We had been traveling all day and were getting very tired and hungry.
We tried several hotel chains & found them to all be full. Are we ever glad.
We arrived at Hotel Olle and to our pleasure found the best place to stay since we left home 2 weeks ago. Kathryn was a delight and so helpful. Our room was just like home. The bed was very comfortable with wonderfully comfortable bedding.
Don't pass Hotel Olle up. You will not be disappointed.
I would have loved staying a week.
Quaint little town.
H & S Kleinke

• Stayed December 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I can't say enough great things about the Olle hotel! Everything was fantastic from the clean rooms and extremely comfortable beds to the attentiveness from the innkeeper, Kathryn. The hotel itself is beautifully appointed and I loved spending time relaxing out on the front porch reading in one of the many rocking chairs. The hotel is right in the center of town and walking distance to many things...make sure to try out the Red Vault right around the corner for lunch or dinner.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Olle Hotel? Share your experiences!