“"Don't take cash sir"” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   13235 N Stemmons Frwy, Farmers Branch, TX 75234   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Farmers Branch
“"Don't take cash sir"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

"Dont take cash...". An assumption, since I always pay with credit card, and a returns member. But arriving about 11:30 pm must denote a cash only customer for this property. Not really, just a late arrival. Sort of found that greeting strange from the front desk.

Not quite sure about security since my license plate was contorted the next morning....rental car with Ohio plate. Guess that's a bad idea for those still fighting the war between the states.

The room was just ok, older property, missing the tv remote, but since it was so late, I didn't watch tv.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I needed to spend one night close to where my son was animal sitting his girlfriend's animals. We decided that Farmers Branch would be close enough. I had a free night at a La Quinta. I generally like to stay at La Quinta's because of cost, cleanliness and the breakfasts. WoW---what a mistake this was. I don't get freaked out easily coming from Brooklyn and living in El Paso, but I couldn't wait to get out of this place. The first room I was placed in the TV and phone didn't work and I was placed next to some men who were loading their fridge with what looked like a month's worth of beer. Seemed like they were residents. The second room I was placed in was on bottom of the party animals and good thing the key didn't work. I then asked to be placed on a different side of the motel which didn't face the "restaurant". The room was clean but had a funny mildew smell to it. The bathtub needed to be replaced and there was a place where the carpet was pulled from the wall. I was so freaked out that at night I placed a chair up against the door. The bed was great--I love the toppers at all of these hotels--until the party outside started at 3 am. At 6 I decided to pack up my things and leave---- I should have used my points for a much nicer different part of Dallas and sucked up the distance of driving--- Will not be back to that La Quinta--- I should have cancelled and moved to another hotel as soon as I drove up--but chalk that one up to experience. PS--- I could NOT get on the internet and did not want to leave my room at night, and two--- the staff is quite nice--- didn't even want to try the breakfast. Wanted to get out of dodge as quickly as possible----

Room Tip: Do not stay on the side that faces the resturant or the side that faces the Days Inn
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Well I have stayed here a number of times before and it is an older hotel but has always been clean and comfortable. On this stay I encountered a couple of problems first I spent 4 hours
trying to connect to the internet the front desk said they were having problems so I finally went
back up front and she said oh you are in back so you may not be able to connect. I needed the
internet so I got moved to a front room however, instead of the king room I had it was a room with 2 double beds. Ok I was by myself so not really a big deal but the room was not near as
nice. Now I was here 4 days and used my computer every night then on the last night I saw
something under the desk that had not been there before and it was nasty I would not touch it..
I also found 2 tree roaches crawling on the walls. When I checked out that morning I told the guy at the front desk and he said they are not roaches they are water bugs....give me a break I lived
in Texas for 31 years I know a roach when I see one.The guy at the front desk did not offer to do
anything about the mess . Also the other thing was there was not coffee on Saturday or Sunday morning. I guess you get what you pay for and as I have said before I have never had a problem there before but I do think they are allowing the place to run down and when I see bugs that
really turns me off I may have to find another place to stay when working in the Dallas area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I travel with a medium size dog (50lbs) and often find myself at La Quintas because of their super friendly pet policy. That being said, the 4 star rating is in comparison to other La Quintas and inexpensive hotels. The staff here was friendly, the beds were very comfortable, and the location was ideal. The rooms have doors that open directly to the sidewalk, which I prefer with my dog, and there was a large grass patch in the back of the hotel ideal for those early morning walks. We were always 15-20min from anything we wanted to do in Dallas, including an awesome park (Sam Houston Trail Park) where we could take our dog for a long walk.

No it wasn't the most modern hotel (old shower curtains, stained tubs, mismatching chairs), but I wasn't looking for a resort, just somewhere to lay my head at the end of the day.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back of the hotel are closer to a grassy spot for dogs.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stay at this hotel everytime we go to our granddaughters' softball games. It is clean and we feel safe there. We are older so we are very concerned with safety. There are no frills, but an inexpensive place to sleep on comfortable beds. The breakfast items are limited, but for the price we pay, we are very pleased with the hotel.

Room Tip: we prefer to stay close to the lobby on the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The beds were comfortable and not rock hard. There should be a rating system to designate how firm the beds are. However, this was just right!(Sounds like Goldilock). Hotel was clean and modern too. I don't know what else to write but had to have 200 character minimum :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Dallas - Farmers Branch? Share your experiences!