“Very average, not as good as most doubletree hotels.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Texas Family Fun!
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Farmers Branch
Cary, North Carolina, USA
“Very average, not as good as most doubletree hotels.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012 via mobile

No feather pillows, called down to get one and no answer. Walked down and finally got it. Have not seen this in many years. One phone in room did not work. Nice tv though.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Planet Earth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Having stayed at several DoubleTrees in various cities, I have come to the conclusion that all DoubleTrees are not made alike. I would place this DoubleTree at the lower end of the 'DoubleTree spectrum'. It has some of the characteristic trappings of a DoubleTree - warm cookie on arrival, friendly reception and staff, nice toiletries and bed etc. However the rooms are dark with poor lighting, power points are insufficient and/or located in awkward locations in the room. I had to unplug the coffee machine near the desk to plug my laptop in, and to charge my mobile phone, I had to use the socket in the bathroom. The breakfast is adequate but not as nice as other DoubleTrees. At least one of the other reviewers of this hotel mentioned the dearth of eating options, which is true, but there's got to be about 100 places to eat at within 2 or 3 miles drive away. I would stay here if I was passing through for the night on leisure, but if you need good lighting to work and power for your laptop and gadgets, it woudn't be my first choice.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake, it's a more interesting view than the 'city view' on the oth...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Frisco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 23 days. I just moved from California to Frisco Texas because I was relocated for work. I just bought a house and wasnt getting the keys till the end of the month so my company paid for my hotel expenses. Let me just get to the point. My experience at this hotel could have been a lot better if it werent for a few ignorant employees and the worst smelling pillows iv ever had to sleep on in my life. I had to have them changed 3 times. The hotel manager is disrespectful beyond belief..you better hope she knows how to pronounce your last name or else she will just call you whatever she can say without even adding a MR. or MRS.
There was a time when I was on hold for 22 minutes while an employee named Trey was "trying to find out if a package arrived for me in the mail." 22 minutes!!!????!!!

I went downstairs and showed him the phone and let him listen to the hold music--this dummy says to me that the call got disconnected so he thought id call back...I told him if the call was disconnected...why is there hold music playing dummy?????????? Rather then apologizing he disregarded the scenario like it was no big deal.

Dont stay at this place. There are 5 other awesome hotels literally a hundred yards up the street, closer to the highways. Stay there!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Four years ago I spent a few days on business in the area and stayed at the hotel. I had a good experience the first time, so when it was time to return (late August, 2011) on another business trip, I decided to stay with them again.

The staff are friendly, rooms are clean, the bedding is what I'm used to and the internet signal was fine. As others commented, the hotel is in the boonies, but you should be able to find restaurants (and shopping) in a few miles radius.

One suggestion to management: invest in a double station cook-top for the chef so he can prepare omelets for more than one guest at a time. Guests will appreciate it.

Room Tip: Ask for "lake view"
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Stayed here one night in June. Hotel is large. Chocolate chip cookie was delicious and warm! Front desk staff was very friendly and efficient at check in. Room is a bit dated, but bed was comfortable. Bathroom is a bit out of date. Shower hot/cold was reversed in bathtub - called desk about no hot water and eventually maintenance came and showed me how to get hot water and said this is a known problem in hotel.

Room Tip: Please keep your tips about rooms only
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
doubletreeclub, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thanks for your feedback! I will make sure that staff is aware that this issue may come up from time to time so that they can let guests know instead of needing engineering to do it. We truly appreciate that you took the time to let us know.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed overnight with my son on our way to Oklahoma City. (Make sure you have your Garmin on if you are driving - navigating the outskirts of Dallas is challenging at the best of times). We arrived at 9:00 pm on a Sunday. The room I had booked did not have a pull out couch - but the front desk was able to fix that right away by giving us another room at the same price. Unfortunately the chef decided to leave at 9:30, so we were not able to eat dinner at the restaurant eventhough it was supposed to be open to 10. We ended up driving around without much luck in finding something decent to eat. The area is business/industrial so you are really surrounded by a concrete jungle. However, to our great surprise in the morning, we discovered the hotel abutts to a man made lake and park. We had a great view from our balcony and went for a walk early in the morning before the day heated up. There is also a small pool which we had to ourselves. Breakfast was filling and the staff are very friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thanks for your feedback! The immediate area around the hotel is bare of any type of eating or shopping establishments, but just barely 2 miles from us is a whole shopping district with a restaurant row. The front desk actually has a list of all restaurants within a 5 mi radius. I apologize that the restaurant onsite was not open. The food is great, hopefully next time you will be able to try it out. Again thank you for your feedback!!
guam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

I love this hotel. It has a great restaurant, a good sized bar which also serves
restaurant fare and wonderful amenities such as a fitness room, free parking,
spacious rooms (I received an upgrade) and very very comfortable beds.
The hotel is located close to the shopping district and many restaurants.
It is mostly utilized for conventions and business , but I was here for leisure and
shopping. There is also a running path behind the hotel at the park.
The desk staff was professional and very courteous and also
the maid service was excellent.
High grades from me to this hotel. My hats off to the training staff who have trained the employees and also to the Management who have provided for me 4 star service.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Thanks for your feedback! Its always a pleasure to hear about the positive experiences that our guests have! We work hard to maintain a 10+ guest services reputation and it's reviews like yours that show us we are doing a great job! HOpe to have you stay with us again, anytime you are int he DFW area!

Been to Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch? Share your experiences!