“not worth the price” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch

You added Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4022 Parkside Center Blvd., Farmers Branch, TX 75244 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Farmers Branch
Celina, Texas
“not worth the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Ammenities seemed very overpriced for what you receive. Plus the hallways and lobby could be kept up a little better, the place has a dungy odor to it. Rooms could use a makeover as well as replacement of the carpets and kitchen appliances.

Room Tip: stay away from the 3rd floor it smells
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness and room conditions is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, we have addressed the source of the smell and all hallway carpets will be re cleaned. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dfb@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed here for a week in april 13. The place is so smelly. The carpets in the lobby, aisles and the rooms are all very unclean and smells terrible.
Even mentioned about the bad smell to the reception. They said they tried to spray some Glade, but still very bad.
Rooms had pretty bad Couch, Carpet was loose and hinders your foot while you walk. Coffee table had all the corners marked by dog's teeth gnaw marks. The handles of sofa and recliner were all very dirty. Stains everywhere, sofa, carpet, window curtains
Bathroom was clean and Bed was ok.
The Kitchen is good though. With utensils and dishes.
With all these, the prices are not too low as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Farmers Branch hotels

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had a good stay. the manager went above and beyond to make my stay as comfortable as possible. new beds and flat screens didn't hurt either. Great location, easy to get4 to the expressways and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the new beds and flat screen televisions.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The place is very quite and comfortable. Workers are very responsive and you feel like you are a part of a family. Pubic bus stops are few minutes away. Cleanliness is kept on good level, however carpets in the room and hall might be cleansed. I would return here next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Dallas, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This place is absolutely disgusting. They allow smoking in some of the rooms, so the hotel wreaks of smoke everywhere. I have only been here a week, and I am trying to find somewhere else to stay. The hotel looks like nothing has been done since about 1980. The carpets, chairs, bedspread, etc are all stained with who knows what. The clientele is seedy and creepy. The staff is not professional. The "grab and go" breakfast consists of 1-2 muffins and a couple of oranges if you get there before others who will just congregate there in the morning.

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay here with us was an unpleasant one. In response to your feedback, I am currently addressing the issues you mention in your review. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at DFB@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 2 weeks. My first few days was very nice. Then I start to find out about dogs.

The room in front of mine had very aggressive dog. Every time I leave or comes in to my room, the dog start barking and making noises of attacking mode.

The room down the hall had 3 dogs in it. When I walk to/from the elevator, I hear dogs barking everywhere. It really became scary for me. I am extremely allergic to dogs and i just don't like to be around them.

Every time I use the elevator I just pray that there will be no dogs in or out the elevator. Before i leave my room i look tight and left, and make sure that there are no dogs in the lobby.

Regarding my room, the blanket smells really bad, I just assumed that was because of a dog. It was really nightmare for me staying there until my reservation was expired because of the dogs situation.

The people who worked in the hotel was really nice. They responded quickly and very friendly. But the pet policy of the hotel made me NEVER want to go back and stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you were put in an area surrounded by pets. To prevent this from happening again, my team will be assigning designated pet areas of our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dfb@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Vidor, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The price was right. We pricelined it for $32 a night for 3 nights. The outer lobby and hallways are tired and a bit dingy. The rooms were incredibly spacious, and the beds were ok. The front desk staff were very friendly except for the woman who worked the night desk overnight. I am sure it is a hard shift to work, and she doesn't seem like she is enjoying it much.

The walls are incredibly thin, and you can hear everything going on in the next room. The first two nights of our stay were fine, but the 3rd night a man played music with a heavy beat all night long. I am not kidding. All night long. Around 11 pm, I spoke with the front desk, and she called the room and asked him to turn down the music. I know she did this because I heard him turn off the music and answer the phone. He did turn it down a bit, but it was still very loud. The base notes just pounded our room. I called again at around 12. She called the room again, and he turned it down a little more. At 1 a.m. I went to the front desk and asked to be moved to another room. She said the hotel was full. It sure didn't look like the hotel was full, but maybe it was. Anyway, she called the room yet again, and asked the man to turn his music off. When I returned to the room, the music was turned down a little more, but you could still clearly hear the base. At 4 a.m., I called her again and begged her to do something, anything, to get the man to turn the music off. It was still going at 7 a.m. I don't know what else I could have done short of knocking on his door and having a confrontation. That's just not me. I also don't know what else she could have done, but surely there must be more she could have done. Anyway, I am not looking to stay there again. The phone did not work in the room, and the air conditioner had problems as well. The bath is very narrow, but the water was very hot with a good, strong shower head. The free breakfast in the morning was coffee, some fruit, packets of oatmeal, and a cereal bar or two.

Room Tip: There is no daily room cleaning. you take your towels to the front desk to exchange.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the noise. To prevent this from happening again, my team is has taken steps to ensure that this will never happen again. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feed back. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dfb@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch? Share your experiences!