“Sorry to see the change...” 3 of 5 stars

233 Town Place, Fairview, TX
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 20 Restaurants in Fairview
Cuisines: Latin
“Sorry to see the change...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been here at least 6 times and in the beginning, I would have given it an excellent rating, but the last two times I have gone, something was amiss. The atmosphere is trendy and nice, the staff are attentive, but the food was just off. As I tend to eat a mainly veggie diet, I am always looking for items that will be tasty, but still be healthy. This isn't always easy. Last time I was here, I ordered the broccolini side dish. Now, I know this seems petty, but it wasn't even broccolini. It was just plain broccoli. For most people, this wouldn't even be noticed. But, at around $6 for a side dish, you should at least get what is on the menu. Broccolini has a milder taste, as it tastes like a hybrid of broccoli and asparagus and it is less crunchy. I love broccolini, not so much broccoli. My hubby went with an appetizer that was their interpretation of nachos. It was just OK. As the dinner, wasn't awesome, we were sure the coffee would make us happy, because it is usually awesome. He ordered his $6 fancy cup of joe and I just ordered regular coffee. Mine was so weak and warm that I didn't even drink it.

I didn't say anything to the waiter, but he didn't even inquire about the fact that three things on our table were barely touched.

When you are paying $75 for two meals and desserts/coffee (and no alcohol), you want to walk away full and content. Not this time. :(

This is so disappointing, as this was a place Dreux and I really enjoyed going for dinner without the kids.

Visited November 2012

Dallas, Texas
“La Duni in Fairview is a La DON'T”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband took me to La Duni in Fairview for a post-birthday dinner. We have fond memories of La Duni off McKinney and Knox in Dallas as it was one of the restaurants we visited the first time he came to America to meet me.
We were very pleased to learn that La Duni had opened at a new location close to where we currently live. My husband called to make reservations and was told that they don't take reservations, but the hostess said she would write down his name so that we would not have to wait once we arrived. It was a Saturday evening and we ended up arriving about 20 minutes earlier than anticipated. We walked in and my husband gave the hostess his name. She said it would be about 10 minutes and asked if we wanted to sit in the bar, to which we agreed.
More than 10 minutes go by and we noticed that several people who came in after us were getting seated before us. We were sitting at a table at the bar, enjoying our drinks, and I suggested to my husband that we just have dinner at the bar. My husband agreed and we asked for menus to order dinner.
The hostess NEVER came to our table to ask if we were going to eat at the bar or if we preferred a table or to even explain the delay in seating us. To say we were very disappointed in the service would be an understatement.
As for the food - the coffee was so bad that I had to drown the taste with cream, and the pecan "cake" dessert was so dry I thought I was going to choke. Not to mention the fact that the waiter screwed up my husband's order...probably because the server could barely speak English. The prices were quite inflated for that part of town. For example, I ordered a vodka and Diet Coke and it was $9.50. The slice of cake on which I nearly choked was $7.25.
After visiting the McKinney/Knox La Duni, I had high hopes for the Fairview location. I won't make that mistake again!

• Visited October 2012