“DO NOT STAY” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Euless
texarkana
“DO NOT STAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was the most horrible experience i have ever had at a motel. We arrived at our motel at 1:30. we were told that check-in was not till 3:00, which wasn't good since we had an appointment across town at 4:00, but we decide to just hit the pool while we waited. At 2:45, they still would not let us check-in. 3:00 means 3:00 on the dot. when 3:00 came i was at the head of the long line. we checked in and went to our room. (which they had just started cleaning!!!) so we were forced to wait outside in the 100 degree heat till they finished 20 minutes later. needless to say, we were late for our appointment. the room was okay, the shower was great. but the free breakfast was awful. we chose instead to go to the Denny's because at least they don't have powdered eggs and if you aren't there before 8:00 am, Denny's doesn't run out of food. the worse part was the following day. After a long day at the waterpark, we went to the pool to just relax and let the kids play in the pool. we weren't there long before it was discovered that someone had "pooped" in the pool. we all vacated the pool, including other guests, and reported it to the office. who never did anything about it. Never closed the pool, never even came down to check. the pool was still open the next day. needless to say corporate got a call today. this is just a totally substandard motel and i will never stay there again.

Room Tip: go to a different motel!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Belton, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Pro’s – the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, there was sufficient lighting and space to move around. But on the downside - sluggish plumbing in my room, no hot water if you didn’t shower early (by 7am the water was barely warm, though hot enough if used earlier in the morning). The bathroom was very clean, but there were no safety bars in the tub enclosure; there was nothing to grab if you slipped in the tub or on the ceramic tile floor. The air conditioning in the meeting room for the class I was there to attend wasn’t working so the class was moved to the adjoining suite. The toilet wasn’t working well in that room and management was very reluctant to allow the class (about a dozen people) to use a toilet in another location. It took several requests over 3 days to secure this basic service. The ice machine in the lobby was out of order with a sign directing guests to the second floor for ice, a problem for someone who couldn’t climb stairs. Several of the employees were pleasant and maintenance was quick to respond, even though the problem might not be resolved (ie, the toilet), but several other staff were indifferent and rude. I cannot recommend this hotel and will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

I attended a class here and the air conditioning didn't work so we had to switch rooms, and the toilet in the room and in the lobby broke. The hotel posted a sign on the lobby restroom saying it was not to be used by folks in the class. Hotel is old, and needs repairs.

• Stayed July 2012
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I have been stayng at this hotel for several nights at a time a couple of times a year since 2006 and I like it. The rooms are clean. The beds and pillows are comfortable. They have a hot breakfast with eggs, waffles, sausages, and all the cold stuff like cereal, muffins, yogurt, and toast. The hotel staff is friendly and nice to me. The rates are very good. When there has been something that has been broken, they fix it or move me to another room. I always stay on the far back side of the property 2nd floor and it is very quiet. I enjoy hearing the birds sing and the view of the fields. This hotel is not very busy so it is plenty quiet - no worries about people keeping you up at night. I always feel safe here and walk around the hotel for exercise at night. And there is a pool in season that I enjoy. It is only 7 min. from DFW airport so I can finish my class and fly out.

Room Tip: For quiet, stay on the far back side. For a nice view, stay on the second floor overlooking the fie...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I would have never booked this hotel, but had no choice since was booked there by an associate when we travelled together. It is actually a typical average motel. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing to write home about either. The free breakfast is mediocre at best and there is no one there to help if you need anything.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Wooster, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Was and average hotel stay, spent two nights. One of our rooms was not cleaned the second day, and when one of the girls tried to talk to the maid she claimed no hablos English. Only other issue was one dead small cockroach on the carpet noticed the second day we were there. The pool is full of debris, but is was March, so no real surprise. One employee did scold some of our party for having the door open and the air on. We only stayed here because it was close to the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed there last weekend. I made the mistake of forgetting my 2 pillows there and apparently housekeeping "can't find them". Really??? It was a king sized bed w/ 6 pillows instead of 4, my sister lives in Euless and was going to pick them up for me but unfortunately they were never found. I had called several times and was given the run around and even emailed the general manager but no one replied. So one of 2 things happened, either the housekeeping is lazy and threw them away or they steal. Anyway you look at it poor customer service!!! Very frustrating experience. I was naive enough to think it was going to be taken care of easily.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Euless? Share your experiences!