“$150 was charged to our credit card without notification; they never returned our calls!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Ennis
Grand Saline, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

We initially enjoyed our stay. The rooms were clean and the staff was very polite. However, a week after returning home I found a charge on our credit card from Comfort Suites for the amount of $150.00 for damages. They had charged us without even notifying us and it was not on our bill when we checked out. I called the hotel to find out what the extra fee was for. The receptionist looked up our account and told me that it was for a stain on the duvet. I asked her what kind of stain, and how large it was because we did not recall spilling anything on the bed. Honestly, we were hardly ever in the room the entire stay. Anyway, the receptionist said that the paperwork didn't specify but she would find out and call me back. She never called back. My husband called a couple of days later and got the same response. The receptionist said she would speak with a manager and get back with us. Again, they never returned our calls. We put a hold payment on that transaction on our credit card so the credit card company would investigate the charge. A few weeks later we recieved a letter from our credit card stating that they could not do anything about the charge since it was done "post audit" , whatever that means, and suggested that we contact the hotel again to try and get a credit. Needless to say, it has been almost two months since we stayed at the Comfort Suites in Ennis and they have yet to return any of our calls. Honestly, if they had been professional and had made the effort to speak with us about the charge up front, we would not have been so upset. Maybe we did accidentally stain the duvet, but to our knowledge nothing was spilled on the bed at any time during our stay. To this day we do not know the exact details of what they were calling "damages." So basically our complaint is that they charged our credit card $150 without notifying us and without specifying what the charge was for, and they were never willing to return our calls to discuss the charge

• Stayed July 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ennis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

My kids wanted to get away for the day due to the fact school is starting back up. So we went to the Comfort Suites in Ennis and got the best deal on a room the rate was great and then the outside pool was wonderful. To top is off at 3:00 they have fresh baked cookies for the guest and then we found out it was the night they grill outside for all the guest at the hotel. The food was great not only did we get a great price on the room but then we had super there and then the next morning they had an outstanding breakfast. The staff is great so intuned to your needs and willing to make the stay the best ever.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Arlington, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

My company travels took me to Ennis, Tx. Fortunately I found this great hotel. Check in on a Monday and only paid $74.00 per night. They offered a free dinner and breakfast! Wow this is a great deal for the price. I look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

My wife and I spent a quick night here on our way back from the Houston area to get closer to the Dallas/Fort-Worth airport. This was a very clean hotel. Rooms had flat screen tv's which was a nice touch. Hotel was located right along I-45. There is a pool there which looked nice, and even grills if you wanted to bbq. Breakfast was ok. Eggs, and bacon was complimentary there.
I have to reccomend Bubbas which is about 300 feet down the road. EXCELLENT resturant! As I said, we spent roughly 12 hours in this hotel but I would recommend this place to spend a night in between your destination.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

Our family, 2 adults & 2 small children, stayed at this hotel during a recent road trip to visit friends. We arrived just before 11 PM after traveling 4 hours. I approached the front desk, which was manned by 2 people. One was on the telephone discussing movie options for after work. The other asked if I was there to check-in. She had my keys ready just behind the desk with a slip for me to sign. We went to our room and went to bed.

Then at 3:30 AM the phone in the room began ringing...and rang and rang and rang. My husband finally answered to hear a female voice from the front desk say, "just checking to see if we were actually there." She had no record of our arrival and decided to call and ask if were were there?!?! Then we received a bill with the wrong rate and had to print out a copy of our email confirmation to prove to the front desk staff that it was wrong. Upon "proving" our booked rate the bill was adjusted...with no real apology or explanation as to why someone would call our room at that hour.

The only other real negative was a dead bug in the bathroom, but in my opinion a dead bug is better than a living bug.

The room was otherwise very clean and appeared almost brand new. The breakfast area was clean well stocked with a good selection. The hostess was very friendly. My only complaint would be the television being up so loud during breakfast. It just so happened that the morning news show was featuring a story on how to improve fertility and have better sex...not one I want to explain to my pre-schoolers over Texas shaped waffles.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

My wife and I traveled to Ennis this weekend to enjoy an evening at the Galaxy Drive-In. Since I did not feel like driving back at two in the morning, we booked a stay at the Comfort Suites. I'm glad we did. The staff were very friendly, the rooms were spacious and clean, and the fact that this is a smoke free hotel, made it even better. My only complaint would be the free breakfast. I read another review before booking and they mentioned bacon and sausage. There was none. What was available was delicious. On our way back to McKinney, we stopped at Bubba's BBQ which is about a block north from the hotel. Great food. They really deserve to be in Texas Monthly's top 50 BBQ joints.

• Liked — Clean and spacious rooms; smoke free hotel
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. The hotel itself is new. Our room was excellent - 2 queen beds, 2 seater and 1 seater couch, desk and chair.

The free wireless broadband is good and we had no problems with accessing it from our Apple notebook.

Complimentary breakfast is great - plenty of choice: cereals, make your own waffles, eggs, sausages or ham, bagels/pastries/juices.

Staff are all really lovely and helpful.

There is an exercise room which we used a few times - running machine/stepper machine thingy/weight stack. Plenty of towels water etc.

There is a washing machine and dryer - make sure you have plenty of quarters though - 1.5 for a wash and 1 for the dryer.

Couldn't fault this hotel and will definitely return.

• Liked — The friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Hotel is on the other side of I-45 from Ennis townsite - requires drive under I-45.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!