“Great lunch in a fun location” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Ennis
Cuisines: American
Description: A charming, locally owned, cafe centrally located in Ennis' downtown historic district. The building is shared with retail shop Interior Ideas (same owner, 25 years), and art gallery. Atmosphere is cozy and inviting, a regional destination.
denver, colorado
“Great lunch in a fun location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Wildflower Cafe is just what you would want from a small town café. It is a cute gift shop and café combined. You walk through the gift shop to get to the café which has a more seating than you would expect. The gift shop had a variety of items and was tastefully decorated for Christmas when we were there. Make a trip to the loo while you are there as you basically have to go through the kitchen so you can check out the home made pies that are just out of the oven. I can imagine that when the Bluebonnets are in bloom it is the place to have lunch. I don't usually do chicken salad - but do give it a try as it was yummy.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

College Station, Texas
“This is the best sandwich I have ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband & I were going from Dallas to College Station & decided to meander our way through Ennis in hopes of finding something other than a chain/fast food restaurant. & I'm so glad we did. I even told my husband I would be willing to drive there just for lunch some Saturday. I had a club which is normally served on a bread type I don't like, so I had them change the bread to Texas Toast without any problems. The waitress was more than happy to accommodate my request. My husband got a sandwich that was served on Jalapeno cornbread, that he kept raving about. You can tell everything is fresh, the veggies were all crisp & the fruit was naturally sweet & everything was incredibly tasteful!! I seriously can't wait to get back up there for lunch. & While we were waiting for lunch, we browsed in the attached shop which was loaded with unusual items for the kitchen including ceramic & exotic wooden bowls, cutting boards, vintage/antique items, art & many other items.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
WildflowerCafeMgmt, Cafe Manager at Wildflower Cafe, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your gracious review and we are very happy that you were pleased with your experience with us. We hope that you do return to see us soon!
Biloxi
“Quaint & tasty on the bluebonnet trail + shopping!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great little cafe attached to a shop filled with wonderful items for the home. The food is yummy (we stopped for lunch - delicious chicken salad on croissant, homemade celery basil soup & ham/swiss on texas toast) and the shop is full of a great selection of unique items for the home. I bought a bluebonnet painting & got to meet the local artist who has her studio at the back of the shop. Great place!

Dallas, Texas
“Bluebonnet Trail PLUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Three couples drove from Dallas to explore the Bluebonnet Trail in Ennis and the surrounding area. For lunch we followed Trip Advisors and ate at the Wildflower Cafe in downtown Ennis. The food was delicious and the atmosphere of the quaint antique store was very inviting. If you enjoy art like I do, stop in at the gallery in back of the tea room and visit with the Texas landscape artist there. Lovely, pleasant experience.

Frisco, TX
“Funky Restaurant/Gift Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Interesting atmosphere. The diner must walk through the gift shop, which carries such name brands as Vera Bradley, Tyler Candles, etc,. to reach the dining area. Likewise, you must walk through the kitchen in order to reach the restroom. It was fun to see the from scratch menu items being made. It looked like someone's home kitchen. I was on a bus tour of the beautiful Texas Bluebonnets with 57 other ladies. The artist in residence has her studio in the far back. She does beautiful paintings of Bluebonnets and other outdoor local scenes. Paintings and note cards with many lovely designs are for sale in the shop.

With so many people and limited time, it was necessary for us to all have the same dish. Have you ever heard of chicken a la king on cornbread? Delicious. Garden salad and a creamy frozen salad were also served Lunch was topped off with slice of homemade apple spice cake with a rum sauce. Yum.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Wildflower Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Wildflower Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.