“Mislead by trip advisor...” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Ennis
Ennis, Texas
“Mislead by trip advisor...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I ALWAYS rely on trip advisor to sway my choices for hotels. I will be more wary in the future. The reviews for this hotel were great and I was hoping for a good stay with my family of 4 including two small children. We arrived to find a very unmotivated, lazy staff. Our room had finger nails along the edges of the bed, dirty pillow cases and a phone jack that was falling out of the wall with exposed wires(Along with the fact that it was just tattered and water stained). I asked for a room change so my children wouldn't electrocute themselves and the staff simply came down with scotch tape and pushed it back into the wall. Selecting a hotel with free breakfast is a must to save our family money, however when attempting to eat at 6:30 a.m. there wasn't much left for the guests after the staff helped themselves and were lounging watching t.v. Needless to say we left for breakfast and will never return to this hotel again! Visitors BEWARE!!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
PaulBisht, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Ennis, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
I apologies for the inconvenience you had during the course of your stay .We thrive for perfection and work everyday to improve our services .We regret that your stay was less then satisfactory and therefore would like to have another chance to prove our level of service , trust and loyalty.

Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I went to visit a friend for a wedding and after looking around at several rates i finally decided to stay here because of the rate. It was very affordable! of course i hadn't seen the hotel and was a bit skeptical! But from the beggining of my check in I immediately was sold! The young lady at the front desk; whose name i can't begin to prounounce much less spell. Nice hispanic young lady. was so friendly, and helpful. she seemed pleased to have us as guests here. she even recommended dining options for me after i informed her i was hungry and tired. very helpful since i didn't know my way around she gave me clear and direct directions. although during check in I was hotter than i was when i first walked in. she apologized and informed me that the lobby a/c was temporarily out of order. (i'm hoping this issue will be fixed soon; for i'm planning a visit soon!) the room was very spacious, clean and the beds so comfortable!! the next day i had a good breakfast! and when checking out i encountered Ms. Jamie. who was also very nice, friendly and helpful. before i left i did tell her that the landscaping outside might need a bit of manicuring to it. she informed me that her boss was on top of it. i will definitely be backand will be recommending to friends.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are a tad bit quieter, although no elevators, don't worry its just 1 flight up.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Dear Guest We are glad you enjoyed your stay , and hopefully we will see you back soon.

Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

This hotel lobby is beautiful. You feel as though you are walking in to a mansion. The front desk people are extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious, clean and attractive. You can literally walk across the parking lot to McDonalds and just after that, a gas station. This hotel is also within walking distance of taco bell, starbucks, etc. Overall, this is a great hotel that doesn't overprice their rooms like all the other hotels in town. Microwave, mini fridge, hair dryer, clothes rack..it's all here. The only disappointment is that literature says hot tub is open all year. Check ahead because during my stay it was not. Also if you are a late sleeper housekeeping co
es through around 10 or 10:30. You can leave a do not disturb sign but if you do, they don't come by later. Your room will remain unkept until you have no do not disturb sign up during this morning run. I love this hotel though and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2011
Dear Guest, we thank you for beautifully summing our Hotel. It’s your comments as such which keep us motivated . We are making changes everyday to betterment guest stay experience . We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon.
Mesquite, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel because i was visiting some friends in their hometown. naturally i wanted my privacy and decided to stay at a hotel- choosing Baymont for the great rate they offered via phone. when i arrived i was pleasantly surprised by the genuine hometown hospitality they offered. From the warm greeting you get from their front desk to the nicely set up breakfast in the morning. The rooms are spacious, clean and the bed is very comfortable! i had a great nights sleep. and definitely will be staying here again! Keep up the good job!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Dear guest we are glad you enjoyed your stay . we would love to see you back.

Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

I Usually stay at Holiday inns for the simple reason that they offer consistency all across the board but for a change decided to give Baymont Inn of Ennis a try .The Stay was delightful. place was very clean and quiet ,Breakfast was elaborate for the price, consisting of Fruits, cereals, juices ,selection of tea and coffee , waffle ,selection of breads ,yogurts, egg patties ,pork links, . What else could you want for half a price against holiday Inn. Enjoyed the hospitality will definitely stay back .

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

good location, clean and good hospitality is the key to success of the hotel. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

My stay at the Baymont was supprisingly great! The hotel looks ordinary from the outside and clean, but when I entered I was happy to see that this place definitly keeps up. I loved the lobby and breakfast area the rooms were very peaceful. I had no interuptions what so ever. The beds are comfortable and the restrooms are very nice as well. The staff was so helpful with directions where i needed to go and even printed me out a map! The breakfast was delicious and pleased to have options instead of just coffee and doughnuts. I will most definitly be staying at the Baymont when ever I am back in Ennis. Totally recomend it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Ennis? Share your experiences!