“It was Okay” 2 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Ennis to your Saves list
Days Inn Ennis
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   600 I-45 North, Ennis, TX 75119   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Ennis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
LOCKHART
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Finding out that the bedding does not get washed after each stay is just sick and nasty we dont want to sleep on a a beds after other people have been doing things on it and we could not sleep because of all the people running on the top floor

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GRAND PRAIRIE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

room reservation was not what I ask for and no one explained the reservation system to me until I found that I did not have a king size room and i never did - that has been explained to me and i will reserve my room in advance next year. the issue of cleaning our room was addressed with Sharon the manager who is a top notch manager and so helpful. Cleaning people need to clean the surfaces they do not see. We had a queen room with two beds, all appliances water and tv fridge worked - clean and pleasant room. Will return next year best value for a four day three night stay in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Hurst, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Let me warn you about the pitfalls of franchised brands that don’t pay enough attention to their owners. This could be an adequate budget priced inn were it maintained, and cared for. But, it’s obvious the owners have no other intention than milking it dry, then abandoning the carcass usually with a big debt owed to a lender.

Driving up on the property yields a completely missing sign, but the fluorescent tubes are still there and shining brightly. It looks like a property that has been de-branded by it’s owners, but not so. Of the 3 sign surfaces, two of them are still intact, they just happen to be the ones least likely seen from the interstate highway. The appearance of the grounds is that of drought, and a total lack of landscaping. The lawn, if you want to call it that, was nothing more than trampled Johnson grass that hadn’t been mowed in many weeks. The outside of the facility was all-around dirty, and had not been shined up in a period of years to months.

When you check into a room outfitted for four people, it would be a normal thing to find at least enough towels and wash cloths for everyone to have at least one. Not so here. I found one tiny hand towel; two bath towels, and two wash cloths, and that’s it. The television was from the Fred Flintstone era. The room had a microwave oven and a refrigerator, but since I don’t give a flip about either of those, I just ignored them. They may have worked, or they may not have – I’ll never know. The refrigerator was not plugged in – there weren’t enough outlets for a table lamp, a microwave and a refrigerator. I’m going to love putting perishable foodstuffs into a refrigerator that’s been turned off for an unspecified period of time, and cooking up mold as fast as it can grow – NOT!

The room furnishings were worn out – plain and simple. The night stand finish was scarred up badly, and the dresser wasn’t much better. Each of the three lamps in the room had a shade on them that was so wrinkled it looked like someone had sat on them. They offer Wi-Fi, but just try to get it to stay connected. It will connect up all right, and indicate it’s connected to the Internet. But, if you can do useful work for more than 5 minutes, you’re special. It constantly requires disconnecting and re-connecting to get anything done. And, both my laptop and my smart phone had similar troubles accessing the internet on their Wi-Fi…

The building is fitted with fire suppression systems, - sprinklers – but I wouldn’t bet they are in working condition. Where the smoke detector once was remains only the supply wires capped off with wing nuts. I don’t know if the city of Ennis has ordinances against doing things like this, but I’m sure if the fire department saw it, they would have a fit. There was no working smoke protection in my room, and I have my doubts if the sprinkler system was pressured up and working.

The inside of the entry door was just grimy from years of hands opening and closing the door without much cleaning by housekeeping. The interior walls are marked up with various battle scars from either furniture or luggage hitting them. And, the room had an overall dingy yellow color to it, typical of a facility that’s been smoked in for years, and having nothing done to remediate that.

The floors were acceptably clean, and in good shape. The two chairs in the room were also good enough. The bathtub came fitted with one of those grotesque anti-slip mats that accumulate gross stuff underneath. Where those are used, they should be washed after each guest, and hung over the edge of the CLEAN tub for the guest to deploy. And, of course there was no bath mat, or anything intended to be used on the floor to dry it up after bathing. I guess you can use one of your two bath towels provided for four guests, or just do without and have wet feet.

Their free breakfast offering consisted of waffles, toast, and cereal, and little else. I was very put off by being served tub butter for the waffles. Dipping of anything without a glass shield over it is unacceptable in the self-service food business. The breakfast nook was exactly as the rest of the property was – the cheapest thing they could find, and a very few items to choose from.

Clearly, this inn is suffering from years of ownership milking it for every dime they can get from it. The brand owners should do themselves a favor and have an inspection!! I abandoned this brand back in the 1980’s due to poor quality and overall filth, and I now know that 30+ years hasn’t helped one bit. This brand gives you Wyndham loyalty points, whether it belongs to them or not. It beats me why that company is willing to be recognized for such shoddy products and service under a different brand name.

I can’t say I’d recommend this place to anyone, and you get a money back guarantee I won’t be back myself. The competitive low cost leader in the industry does have standards, and their rooms are much more aesthetically pleasing than this place can claim. If there were standards here, they have been abandoned long ago.

Room Tip: Choose a different brand you don't want to stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I called and made a reservation a month prior to our 3 night-stay in early March 2012 and had requested a NON-Smoking room. When we arrived, there were no NON-Smoking rooms left and the receptionist stated that I must have made my reservation on-line as she had no record that I had called and requested a NON-Smoking room. Neither of our room keys opened the door the first time. I had to walk back to the front desk in pouring rain to get another set of keys. When I opened the door, there were suitcases on the bed, the beds weren't made and it smelled like smoke. The room was very stinky. The bathroom walls were stained, the tub was gross-looking, the carpeting by the bathroom area was always damp and the towels were very thin. The breakfast food was not appetizing! The beds were fairly comfortable. We couldn't move to another hotel because all of the hotels were booked for the festival we were attending. We were stuck .. and that's the ONLY REASON WE STAYED! Don't stay here ever! Days Inn should close this hotel.

Room Tip: Always read the reviews before calling and making a reservation.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Very thin and "grey" towels, only had one hand towel. I was not impressed with the breakfast-juice and milk was not cold. No doughnuts or sweet rolls, just bread in individual baggies. I don't think waffles qualifies for "sweets" for breakfast! I had a good rate, but I would probably never stay again..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Ennis? Share your experiences!