“Worth It” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Edna
Fresno, Texas
“Worth It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

Let me start by saying all I really need in a hotel is cold air, a clean room, and hot water. I usually only use the hotel room as a place to sleep and rest in between plans. I initially picked this hotel/motel because of the price. When I saw the previous review about the infestation I decided to bring my own blankets just in case. The outside looks plain and there weren't many cars in the parking lot. This was a little odd. When I walked in to the office I was greeted by a very pleasant young lady. I quickly got my room key and headed to the room. Once I opened the door I found the room to be very clean and normal looking. It looked like someones home bedroom. The bed was comfortable and smelled clean (yes, I smelled the sheets). The restroom had been sanitized and also smelled clean. Another positive point of this motel is that it has wireless internet access.

So to my initial requirements: the airconditioner was cold, the room was clean, and the water was hot. I would definitely stay at this location again if I am ever in this area again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
endatexas, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
Thank you for taking time to share your review about our hotel in Edna, TX. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff and service. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Hotel Management & Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

We stayed recently at this hotel and our experience was nothing but exceptional. The other hotel nearby was charging $130 per night so we decided stayed at thsi hotel. Front desk staff was very professional and rooms/ pool area was fine. High speed internet was a plus. We were surprised at previous review. Will definately stay again.

• Liked — great place
  • Disliked — no restaurant on proeprty
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gallup, NM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

I am a semi driver, and had a delivery near Edna, TX. My wife and I needed a room because the a/c went out in my truck. We considered staying at this inn because they allowed pets and had room to park our truck. When the door was unlocked to our room, I was appalled by the infestation of insects. The were on every surface, including the ceiling, walls, floors, bathroom and tub. The furnishings were vintage 1960s, broken and filthy. There were cobwebs and food cooked unto the microwave. The owner tried to accomodate us by showing us other rooms. All were equally infested and had the same horrid furnishings. We finally got our refund, but will never consider staying at a motel owned by America's Best Value Inns.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — bug infestation & filthy furnishings
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texana_7, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2008
We work deligently to address our guest concerns. In this case, we offered another room and guest informed us that he is fine with it but his wife is not happy. So, we gladly refunded the money. We do have a monthly contract with Orkin's for pest control. Many hotels have quaterly contract ,but we do monthly treatements. Many part of Texas had unusual 'Cricket ' problem this year.There were several news paper article about this matter.This was one time mother nature problem. An apology letter was also sent to the guest. We are surprised at guest's comment about furniture. The furniture picture on our website will verify that it is not an antique furniture. We still regret our guest inconvenience.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!