“better than most fast food burger joints” 5 of 5 stars

(956) 383-8111
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 121 Restaurants in Edinburg
Edinburg, Texas
“better than most fast food burger joints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Starlight Burger's have been around for awhile so its popular with local folks. My first experience with their food was at their McAllen location while attending STC. My friends of 18 years treated me there during our STC college heydays. Their burgers are delicious with its own taste and better than the processed or froze stuff you get at fastfood joints. And you couldn't go wrong with the prices. What you could get for a number one at McDonalds or Burger King, cost less here. We ate like Kings......and pigs :0)

They serve the obvious burgers, but also chicken and burrito's that are sitting under a hot lamp as a previous reviewer mentioned. However, I can't attest to the reviewers claim about the chicken's freshness as I've never tried it. The only thing that I've been served that is kept under the hot lamp is the burritos which are my favorite. There use to be a time over 25 years ago when Dairy Queen also served burritos and they were the best. The ones served here at Starlight bring back those memories of how delicious they were. The fries are the best as well.

Like the location in McAllen, this Edinburg location is nothing fancy as far as the dine in experience. Through the building is old,its a throwback to the 70s/80s but its a far far cry from the McAllen location that lacked decent air conditioning, especially during the summer.
Despite is lackluster appearance, you'll always find a line at the drive thru or a dinner that is buzzing with hunger customers enjoying their food. As far as price though, like the previous reviewer mentioned, prices have gone up which actually took me by surprise as well recently as it has been awhile since I last visited Starlite. Despite all that, it won't deter me from returning. after all I always returned not because I could eat a lot on a budget but because the food is very delicious.

For any out of towner that is looking for a mom and pop spot in Edinburg, this is the place to go as its nearly right off the expressway. the staff is predominately Spanish speaking and although I am Hispanic myself my Spanish flat out sucks, they are bilingual.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

McAllen, Texas
“Good chicken”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

The Chicken is good normally, if you get it fresh. Sometimes it sits out awhile and is served room temperature. So unless you are fortunate to be served chicken that is fresh and hot, you may get average chicken that's not so great and the prices have gotten too high.

• Visited October 2013