“Pleasant for a weekend stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Eastland
Edgewood, Texas
“Pleasant for a weekend stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

While in the area for family business we spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Eastland. We had two rooms and while the room for my wife and I was excellent, the housekeeping staff had not done a thorough job in cleaning our daughter's room. To the credit of the young lady who was a combination of Desk Clerk, Breakfast Manager, and it seemed, Staff Supervisor, as soon as she was advised of the room condition she had it corrected immediately. I complement the young lady (unfortunately I didn't get her name) for her competence and concern for her customers.

Room Tip: No room service or spa, but the system didn't let me leave them blank.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pinehurst, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Many of the HIE locations I have stayed at have been very nice, unfortunately I was very disappointed with Eastland.Half way through the night, I began to smell what seemed like sewage, you know like when the septic smell migrates from the drain......I got up and the smell was not coming from the bathroom so the only logical location was the A/C. Sure enough, once I put the fan on high, there was a marked smell eminating from the unit. Additionally, if one is deciding to stay at this location ask for a room in the front, because the train yard is close to the back of the building; so much so that the trains coming through (not 1 or 2 trains) disrupted sleep. One a positive note the staff was great, both day and night person. Perhaps it's an anomoly, but this stay left me wondering.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eastland, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear TomA-Pinehurst,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is unfortunate that we fell below your expectations on many aspects particularly with the condition of the room's unusual scent. Rest assured that this shall be addressed. We will use your comments for upgrades needed.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Odessa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was literally stranded on the side of the road in my new vehicle, it was towed to the car dealership next door and we were deposited at the Holiday Inn! We were travelling for a family emergency and that was stressful enough when the car died... the Manager at the hotel was amazing. She found a room that would work for the size of my family and took very good care of us! She personally got us extra linens and made sure we knew about breakfast (which was delicious) I cannot say enough good things! The room was clean and very comfortable! We left a happy family! Thank you Margaret Steinmetz!!!! Excellent customer service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The only complaint I have is breakfast is 630-930. I was disapointed bc we missed breakfast bc we are not early birds.Overall the staff and rooms were great. The place also looked as it were new or renovated.

• Stayed August 2013
Grapevine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This Best Western is very well kept up and I always enjoy staying. The rooms I've gotten have always been lush & comfortable with a large flat screen Tv. The rooms are very clean and quiet. The breakfast is outstanding, with biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs, ceral & warm, soft cinnamon rolls every morning. The locals have decided not to give Corprate Lodging guests points in the Best Western Rewards program, which is unfortunate for me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Marion, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

After a long drive, we stopped here to get a room for the night. A younger man sauntered to the desk to ask what we wanted. We asked for and got a room. Then I asked him if there was a decent place to get a steak nearby. He said there was a Circle M steakhouse 2 exits away. We went but could not find it. We started to turn around when we noticed a tiny yard sign that read 'Circle M', in front of a huge restaurant with cowpens behind it. We went to park and a sign in the window said they were closed for vacation.
I saw the guy later that night and told him the steakhouse was closed until July 9. He didn't even stop walking and gave me a "hmmmm". What a jerk. Needs to find a field rather than the hospitality industry. The hotel was okay, but this guy needs to go.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I had to attend a funeral and needed someplace to stay in the Cisco/Eastland area. This was a clean, comfortable and quiet hotel. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only thing I found lacking was that they do not recycle! Otherwise, I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eastland? Share your experiences!