“A wonderful find!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austin, Texas
“A wonderful find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I went to Eagle Pass, TX to experience the local casino and needed a place to stay. I will not stay in just any hotel, so was hoping this town had something sufficient up to my standards, and there was Holiday Inn Express! It's very nice, very clean, and everything I expect in a hotel. The room was spacious, clean, and towels were plentiful. Outside the window, I was not looking at a parking lot or the roof of a parking garage. It was of a beautiful pool and hot tub. Pretty awesome if you ask me. The price was in line with other hotels, and I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends They also were better than the hotel casino which is not far, and were charing over $100 more than this hotel for a room. When I am back in Eagle Pass, I will definitely be staying here again. Good job Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I must say I was impressed with my room---Eagle Pass is a border town one mile from the Mexico border and I didn't expect much. Six of us had to meet there. Two from San Antonio--two from Dallas--one from League City and myself from Houston.
When I reserved my room, I did not know what floor anyone was on--upon arrival, Albert the desk attendant was extremely helpful in changing my room so that I was on the same floor as the others. The room was very clean and spacious. Bathroom also was very clean. My one issue was the odor in the room when I left for my meeting and I left the thermostat on the A/C at 75 degrees. However, some Febreeze on the A/C filter took care of that. I only experienced that one time out of my three day stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed in the Holiday Inn in Eagle Pass, Texas for three days and nights. It was very clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. I would recommend it to anyone that is traveling in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were greeted by very friendly staff. The rooms were immaculate and cool. Normally, in Texas the air conditioners are controlled so that the rooms never get cold enough. This room had a thermostat that allowed us to cool the room to a comfortable sleeping temperature. Breakfast offerings were the best. Plenty of choices and great atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
McAllen, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

it is also nice that the have the business center ( 2 computers and a printer) if you need it along with wireless wifi, the breakfast are ot and plentiful the whole hotel was clean. the front desk staff was helpful, professional and friendly. we have stayed at three of the hotels in Eagle Pass we are booked to stay again this weekend we chose this Hotel. call early as it fills up fast on the weekends to ask for special rooms.

Room Tip: We called ahead and ask for the first floor near the side door as we come in to gamble at the Lucky...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here during a business trip in April. I would have given the hotel a higher rating because the location was good, everything was clean and my room was nice. However at 11 pm I had to call the front desk to report on the level of noise coming from the pool area AND the person sitting on my first floor windowsill talking on his cell phone, who didn't take the "hint" when I asked him to go somewhere else. I was told the noise was "just the wind." Evidently "the wind" says "CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!" The person at the front desk told me he would take care of it. When the noise continued I called the front desk again and offered to make the same amount of noise when I woke up at 5 am. Then I noticed the noise abruptly stopped.

I cannot recommend this hotel for business travel. Limiting my sleep for a business trip to less than 6 hours is ridiculous. My complaints were not out of the ordinary. It was 11 pm and I was not staying at a frat house. However I was treated as though I should have just joined the partiers and ignored the fact that I was there for business, in spite of me telling them so.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool if you plan on sleeping.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Eagle Pass, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Shutter_Bug,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We value your comments as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the outside noise may have caused during your stay. I definitely understand the importance of getting a good nights sleep. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and thank you very much for your patronage.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I had to go on a business trip that took me to Eagle Pass, Texas this time. So I made a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express in town. I have stayed at many of the IHG properties throughout the United States and a few overseas in Europe. What turned out to be the “Unexpected Pleasure” was the Front Desk Clerk that checked me in Yessenia Bermea. I would say she has been one of the best I have had the pleasure to meet. She was very professional and accommodating to make sure I was well informed of the local restaurants and local attractions in the area. I think what made the difference was the excitement and enthusiasm in which she described each place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Norma C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Eagle Pass, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for being our guest! We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

I'm glad our front desk staff was able to provide the best customer service to you. Your kind words will be passed along to the staff. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

Again, we thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express in Eagle Pass.

We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Norma Carrillo
GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express Eagle Pass? Share your experiences!