“Can't drive past it!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Gravette, Arkansas
“Can't drive past it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

Pappadeaux's is one of my favorite seafood restaurants. The ambiance is outstanding, food excellent, and service consistently good. While the menu offerings are numerous, I recommend the jalapeno and cheese stuffed shrimp. INCREDIBLE!
Desserts, if you have room, are excellent, especially the Creme' Brulee.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Good when you're hurting for some N'awlins food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

Visited Pappadeaux in Duncanville for lunch the first of May. Disappointed in the crawfish. They were large but dry, not seasoned well, and just didn't do it for us. I asked our wonderful waiter, David, where the crawfish came from and he said China. No wonder. Yuk. $6.95 lb

The french bread, however, was the real deal. I'm not a fan of bread, but Pappadeaux serves the good stuff; crusty on the outside and soft on the inside.

I returned for take out last night. Sat at the bar while my food was being prepared. The place was packed out when I arrived and when I left. People waiting all over the place inside and outside. Bar totally filled up the entire time. Parking lot completly full. This place does a killer business. Reservations recommended!!

So I enjoyed an expensive drink and a bowl of shrimp gumbo while I waited a way long time for my food. Only crackers were served with my very hot gumbo. Had lots of okra, some shrimp that looked like it was an after thought, and a tad of rice. $8.25 (doubt I would order that again).

Once home, I realized they did not pack any of that yummy french bread to go along with my crawfish etouffee. Too bad. The etouffee was very good; enough to share, but at $19.95, I doubt I will return for that again.

Check out the menu on line before heading out the door. It is a fun place to visit, once.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere