“A Hotel Gem in Duncanville” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Duncanville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
North Aurora, Illinois
“A Hotel Gem in Duncanville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel's location is very convenient for access to restaurants and a QuikTrip nearby. The staff were very acccomodating responsive for some issues I had during my stay. I was offered my choice of floor for my room. Check-in was quick and the person checking me in was very friendly and had a good sense of humor about the hot tub. Breakfast exceeded expectations. I had two minor annoyances during my stay. No hot coffee was available at 5:00am in the breakfast area and the lighting in the parking lot was inadequate. Otherwise, the room and shower were very clean and spacious and the TV had all the TV channels I normally watch at home. No question why this Best Western is a Plus!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
BW_DL, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Duncanville/Dallas, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Robert H,

Thank you very much for posting your very first review on Trip Advisor. We should have coffee available at all hours so I will check into why there wasn't hot coffee available at 5am. In any case, I suggest that you make a request to any of our hotel staff as they are certain to respond to your needs at whatever hour. We will also review the parking lot lighting and see if perhaps there is a light out causing a dark area. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
College Station, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hotel was very clean. Staff was very nice. Price was great. Breakfast could have been better. Biscuits were a little stale and eggs weren't fresh. The second day my family went to Waffle House for breakfast. Other than that everything else was great. Room was very clean upon arrival. Will definitely stay here again when it town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BW_DL, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Duncanville/Dallas, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Jason H,

Thank you very much for joining the TripAdvisor community with your very first review! Congrats on making this community stronger. I apologize that we weren't firing on all cylinders for breakfast. If you encounter this situation again, I suggest that you kindly make your request to our breakfast staff. You will be surprised how fast we can correct the issue at hand. Our staff take pride in making your stay enjoyable.

Thank you again!
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Would say everything about this property was great....for the price you definitely can't be disappointed. If you are in the dallas area for business or just a quick trip like we were you will be very happy with the quality of this Best Western.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cubsfn187,

Thank you posting your 2nd review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting the area for business. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Blackpool, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This a very comfortable hotel, situated in a convenient locality with easy access to both Dallas tourist points and Fort Worth (Stockyards) and its centre. Walmart is only a few of minutes away, if you need a supermarket.The staff were very helpful , the breakfast was well presented, the in room internet is fine and I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Blackpoolwanderer,

I see that you have "wandered" into our area! Thank you for posting your comments. I'm glad you had a nice trip to Dallas and visited the Stockyards in Ft. Worth while in town. We look forward to your encounter with our hotel!

Take care!
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Room was nice. Volume on TV was limited, walls thin, Hallway was freezing cold, No HB eggs at breakfast, Place is kind of "dark" at the front but nice inside. Comfortable beds and pillows. Would stay here again if I needed to stay in area. Overall, a better place to stay than surrounding places.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BW_DL, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Duncanville/Dallas, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Redliner57,

Thank you for your review. Our TVs have a preset maximum volume. Occasionally, we have seen certain programs on certain channels have a very low volume signal compared to other channels. We have contacted our cable provider to assist with this matter and hopefully they will balance the volume across all channels. We will look at our breakfast menu and look at possibly adding hard boiled eggs. We serve a full hot breakfast buffet including scrambled eggs, breakfast burritos, and egg omelettes which are rotated throughout the week. But there is always room for improvement. Thank you again!
Greenwood, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed there overnight and was pleasantly suprised. It's extremely clean, breakfast was good and well organized. Room couldn't have been better. Very spacious, bed was comfortable, we will definately stay there again when we are in the Dallas area.

Room Tip: We scheduled late and got a wheelchair accessible room. Based on this room, I don't think you c...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Beachandskifam,

Thank you for choosing our hotel. I'm really glad you enjoyed our spacious and clean rooms. We look forward to your next stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Like others, I stopped here due to the reviews I read on trip adviser and was not dissapointed. The staff (Angelica was the person that checked me in) was very helpful and the room was super clean. They even gave me a 10% discount due to the fact that I'm active duty military. It was a great stay and I'd reccomend this place to anyone in the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Matt C,

Thank you for noticing other reviews and choosing our hotel. It's always nice to see guests validating other reviews. Thank you again for serving this great country of ours. It is because of you and other men & women of the Armed Forces that I enjoy the freedom to be with my family. Thank you again!

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Duncanville/Dallas? Share your experiences!