“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our stay at your Duncanville hotel was excellent. It was New Year's Eve and things went off without a hitch. All was quiet and the room was wonderful (read: clean, etc). What really made out night was the excellent young woman you had on the desk. She was friendly, efficient and very helpful. We were amazed to see her back the next morning early at the desk. Obviously a hard worker. Do whatever you must to keep her. She's excellent!!

We will have no reservations staying with you again...next time through.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor thereby avoiding the footfalls of the room above.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BW_DL, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Duncanville/Dallas, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Motospyder,

Thank you very much for your comments. We take pride in providing very clean rooms as part of Best Western's Ultra Clean program. We use many tools during our housekeeping process that ensure an Ultra Clean experience. I'm glad you had a great experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We recently stayed here due to its proximity to where our daughter is attending college. I was attracted by the rates and the reviews I had read. The staff were very friendly and most helpful upon arrival and for our entire stay (8 nights) The room was large, light filled and very clean. We had a very comfortable king bed and the spacious bathroom (including large shower) was clean and well equipped. The foyer was beautifully decorated for Christmas. We would definitely stay here again. The only recommendation I would make would be for the breakfast time to be extended to 10 am.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BW_DL, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Duncanville/Dallas, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear DebsyDoodles50,

Thank you for your comments and your for your stay with us. We are conveniently located near several universities like Dallas Baptist University and many others. Guests allows enjoy the many restaurant options in our area like Pappadeaux, Chipotle, In and Out Burger, etc. Thank you again for staying with us.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Checked into this hotel for the 2nd time while in Duncanville getting 2 rooms this time.Pankaj Lad, general mgr contacted me and accused me of breaking a closet mirror. When I checked in on Sat it was already cracked because when I looked at it I said nice design. My mother came in and said mirror is cracked and I stated I think its a design.My aunt came in and noticed it also.I rubbed my hand on it and did not feel anything sharp or ridge.I resented his accusation.It could have happened while rm being cleaned and housekeeper did not report or it was already cracked and they did not notice it.What ever the case I am a responsible person and take full responsibility for my actions. if I had cracked it I would had notified the front desk.I assumed they already knew the situation if it was a crack, they put us in the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BW_DL, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Duncanville/Dallas, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Wyse10236, Thank you for staying with us. We maintain our hotel to a very high standard using many checks and cross checks. Many guests have commented about this high standard we maintain. I understand that our employees are human and can sometimes overlook deficiencies. However, a cracked closet mirror is definitely something not easily overlooked. This is why you heard directly from me and not from any other employee. I personally looked at this cracked mirror to confirm the damage. It is very , very apparent that the mirror is cracked. There is no mistaking this for a design feature - it is a cracked mirror. Since the mirrored closet is near the front of the room, anyone can spot this damage. Prior to your stay, that room had been checked by 2 independent employees-both of which signed off on the room being checked and in working order. So IF this cracked door mirror was already present in the room AND it managed to sneak by our daily inspection process, then I wish that you had mentioned this to our front desk upon check-in or even during your 2nd night stay with us. We would have liked to know as we never place a guest in a room not up to our standard. Unfortunately, the first report of this is from the housekeeping department after you had departed. So we will never know the truth, but I can assure you that I trust my staff to produce a very clean room with everything inspected to be in a great condition that many, many guests appreciate. I only have the facts before me, so I will let the Tripadvisor community be the ultimate judgement.
Bandera, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My favorite motel to stay when in the area. I have driven 20 miles out of my way to stay here due to the warmth and friendliness of the staff. I am always greeted with a smile and professionalism above and beyond. Angela has always made sure everything is perfect. They fast check in and just as fast check-out. Breakfast is excellent, a great variety of food,fruit, juices. I wouldn't think of staying any place else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments! We treat employees of other Best Westerns like all of our guests --- like family! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and our breakfast. Many of our guests enjoy our Texas shaped waffles. Next time you should try our pool or our heated hot tub! Take care!
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have to say I have stayed at several different Best Westerns and can honestly say this hotel was one of the best..! Even checking in at an employee rate they treated me no different. The two girls (sorry ladies don't remember your names) that checked me in were very nice and friendly. Rooms were very clean and SPACIOUS even the walk-in shower..very nice. We didn't get to enjoy the pool because we just had so much to do, but know it would of been nice. Breakfast was simple eggs, sausage, biscuits, ect.. but good. My son and boyfriend loved the waffles. I do plan on returning and will stay again, and totally recommend anyone and everyone to stay here :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BW_DL, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Duncanville/Dallas, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
I'm so glad our staff did a great job during your stay. It appears that you really enjoyed the Full-sized showers in our King rooms (No bathtubs in this room type!). This is a very popular feature! We will see you next time!
DeSoto, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We hosted our family reunion at the Best Western Plus Hotel in Dallas/Duncanville this past weekend (7/27- 7/29) and were very pleased with everything about this hotel! Great Customer service from all the staff, clean air conditioned rooms, free full hot breakfast every morning, pool and a nice meeting room where we have our family dinner. There were about fifty-seven in attendance and everyone kept saying what a wonderful time they were having.

On a scale of one to ten, I give totally give this hotel a ten!!!!! Had a great time, still smiling.

Swest

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your warm comments! We love spoiling our extended families. Whether you have a small, intimate Family reunion or a tour bus full, we can cater to each and every need. Be sure to ask us about our Family Reunion packages. We have some fun ideas to make the organizing easier! Thanks again for choosing our hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

I love the cleanliness of the hotel, a very delicious breakfast, and very friendly employees.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Duncanville/Dallas, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear Chiquitazr03,

Thank you for commenting on your experience with our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast and our Ultraclean rooms. I will definitely let our staff know that they did an exceptional job with your stay. Thank you again for choosing the Best Western Plus Duncanville/Dallas.

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Duncanville/Dallas? Share your experiences!