“Very Unique Bed n Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Alla's Historical Bed and Breakfast, Spa & Cabana
415 Hustead St., Duncanville, TX 75116   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Duncanville B&B and Inns
San Antonio, Texas
“Very Unique Bed n Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Staying at Alla's epitomized why my husband and I like to spend our anniversary at them. Within minutes of our arrival, Alla had given both of us warm hugs and her husband Rich was showing us unique antiques - most of which stilled worked. You won't get that at a hotel!! We were told the history of the house and shown more antiques. Truly there is no one like Alla. When she talks, you can't help but listen. She kept us laughing the entire time we talked to her. The historic house is just a great place to spend a weekend. The breakfast was not the best but because everything else was so great it was easy to overlook that. We stayed two nights in the main historic house and had a really great time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Alla W, Owner at Alla's Historical Bed and Breakfast, Spa & Cabana, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Lucille,
It was such a pleasure having you stay with us on your anniversary a few weeks ago and we hope that you will always remember us for a special experience again. I do want to say that if you and your husband really want to experience a dream breakfast which you will not find anywhere else then you need to select our best; the super European all Organic breakfast. This signature breakfast is completely made from scratch and has many components that you can’t even find in America. We have guests who are repeating clients who travel great distances just to have my European Organic Deluxe breakfast. The American breakfast that both of you had ordered, was something that any I-Hop, Denny’s, or standard café would have. My European one will hold you the rest of the day! No cheap oils, high fructose corn syrup, “wanta-be” sugary juice, or processed food in this one. You won’t need to eat again until later that evening! We sure hope that you will come back and order my best. Please come again and repeat a great time for us as well!
Love, Alla.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Alla and Rich were incredible hostesses, and their bed and breakfast was a remarkable experience overall. The houses themselves were so unique and accommodating! I felt so welcomed and loved. Alla's cooking is fantastic and is worth the visit.

Room Tip: Any room is great!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

After a VERY long road trip it was so wonderful to be welcomed so late at night. The late nightcap and the great conversation was just what we need to unwind after driving all day. And being able to sleep in without interruption and waking to the amazing breakfast with some of the best coffee we've ever had was again just wonderful. Meeting your husband and the other guests during breakfast was also a bonus. We will be back! Thank you Alla!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Alla and her husband are great people fun and welcoming. The experience was unlike any other Allas breakfast is a must. I would deffinetly 're commend this bb to anyone who is planning on staying in the Dallas FT Worth area.

• Stayed October 2013
Queen City, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Hospitality that can't be beat ! How welcoming and friendly Alla and Rick are! Amazing food and a wonderful bed that I slept like a baby in. Would like to go back and enjoy the spa! Location was perfect for us because we attended a concert on Friday night and got there in a matter of minutes and same on return trip late that night. Our stay was short but couldn't have been more enjoyable . Don't forget the organic breakfast!

Room Tip: Mama Pelt's room has it's own entry for anyone who may have a late night.
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My new husband and I stayed here the night of our wedding. It was a little hard to find at night, luckily for the sign she has out front! Alla and her husband were very welcoming, and I adored her chipper personality. The home and decor was beautiful, and the bed veryy comfortable.
We were gifted this stay so we only received the american breakfast, but it was good. We lisbon coming back on our anniversary, and we will definitely get the organic bteakfast.

Room Tip: It is an old home, so make sure to give the water time to heat or you will freeze your buns off in t...
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Alla and Rick are the best hosts, and I felt truly welcome and blessed to stay with them. Alla always made sure I had everything I needed, and she made the best breakfast ever (it's worth the $20). I felt like I was home while I was on a long journey across the country.

Even now, Alla remembers who I am even though I only stayed a night. It takes an amazing hostess to remember all of her guests. I will not forget her.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Alla's Historical Bed and Breakfast, Spa & Cabana? Share your experiences!