“Friendly staff, extra clean, great breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Dumas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“Friendly staff, extra clean, great breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I usually stay at the Hampton Inn whenever I have to travel to Dumas for business, however there were no vacancies when I tried to book.
The Comfort Inn is a nice place to stay with an inviting atmosphere and friendly staff. Checkin was simple and speedy and my room was very clean and comfortable. I loved the pillows!!! People need to understand that the Texas Panhandle is a windy place and yes you can sometimes hear the wind howl, but that is well out of the control of owners or staff!! Breakfast was wonderful, there is a hot buffet with eggs, sausage and biscuits and gravy, and two kinds of waffle batter not to mention their cold AND hot cereals, yogurt, toast, english muffins, danishes, and boiled eggs. The two women on duty that morning kept the buffet well stocked and fresh and made sure the dining area and reception were very, very clean. There was not one crumb on any table or floor. AND, they were friendly and receptive despite the fact that it was 5:30 in the morning! It's nice to see bright faces first thing in the morning. The room is an excellent value and I guarantee I will stay here from now on every time I travel to Dumas.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

This was a pleasant check in, stay, and room. The service was quick and very friendly. Sandy helped sign me up for reward points and handled it quickly and was very informative.

• Stayed September 2011
Lafayette, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

After travelling over 1000 miles to visit aging/ill relatives, we found ourselves checking in at the Comfort Inn, in Dumas, Texas late on a Friday night. Eli, the evening manager on duty, was a smiling face, savvy hotelier and accomdated us fairly while keeping her eye on the bottom line of business. She is a roll up her sleeves type of gal, and we look forward to staying here again. The continental breakfast was generous, the property immaculate, staff efficient and in the background, and the decor was updated and pristine. It was like being a guest in a private residence.

We were also impressed at the amount of handicapped accessible guest rooms on the ground floor near the guest reception. The property is well thought out and seemingly accessible, exempting the pool, which has not yet been modfied.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Leander
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

The check in personnel was very friendly and helpful, many +'s for Sandy.
However, I choose Comfort Inn so I could swim. However, the swimming pool is not for the handicap. There is no hand rail to use at the steps at the shallow end of the pool, so I was unable to swim. The room is very nice and can adjust the temperature as need heat today which really feels great as it's in the 50's, beats the 100's we have had in Austin.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

this hotel was one of the worst hotels ive ever been to. My room smelled like something had died and the sheets were very dirty. I was disgusted. The breakfast was horrid and rotten the batter they gave me for waffles was old. the employees are also very rude.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Trinidad, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

After we worked all night long we got back to the Comfort Inn about 6am, there were no do not disturb signs on the door knob so I called the front desk and asked her about the do not disturb signs and explained to her that we, four of us had been working all night and we would need at least 8 to 10 hours of rest. The front desk clerk said she would have do not disturb signs placed on our door knobs, which was done. The rooms were reserved for 2 nights. Even with these do not disturb signs on our doors the cleaning staff I assume were in the hallways laughing and making noise outside our doors. Then at 11am which is check out time all of us received phone calls waking us up wanting to know when we were going to leave, I received a call from someone who said he was the mananger asking when I was leaving and I told him that I was trying to get some sleep and that the rooms are paid for so I'll leave when I get some sleep. Another call came in from the front desk advising me that their cleaning staff leaves at 2pm and again asking when I was leaving, I told her when I can get some sleep. By this time all four of us are too pissed off to get back to sleep and end up leaving as soon as we could. I suspect the Comfort Inn double booked our rooms but don't know this for sure We will never stay here again, the front desk clerk I spoke to about the do not disturb signs early that morning was very understanding but the rest of the staff and especially the man who said he was the mananger were all rude and inconsiderate, so if you stay here on business and work odd hours go some place else!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: advise the front desk that you work odd hours
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

This Comfort Inn was very warm and welcoming. We stayed here on Spring Break and my kids loved the indoor pool and spa. The lady at the front was very helpful and took care of us. I believe her name was Angelica. Management really needs to keep her she was great! The rooms and facility were one of the cleanest I've seen. I know first hand how hard it is to find very clean rooms, but I felt comfortable in the rooms. The breakfast was great and I reccommend to everyone with kids this is the stop in Dumas!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!