“Mt. Gainor Inn...the perfect place to relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mt Gainor Inn

You added Mt Gainor Inn to your Saves list
Mt Gainor Inn
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2390 Prochnow Road, Dripping Springs, TX 78620   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
HOUSTON, TX
“Mt. Gainor Inn...the perfect place to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

We spent a Saturday night in Mt. Gainor Inn. It was absolutely perfect! The location of the inn is just right if your looking for a restful break from the hectic work week. We actually saw deer on the road to the Inn.

The room was just wonderful. It had two fireplaces and the decor was just warm and homely.The warmth and friendliness of Laurie & Jerry, the owners, was absolutely a taste of true Texas hospitality.

If your looking for a break from the daily grin, then get to Mr. Gainor Inn and recharge.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

My husband and I spent 3 days/nights at Mt. Gainor Inn on our honeymoon. Laurie and Jerry were perfect hosts.... warm, friendly greeting; perfect accomodations; incredible breakfasts; and we felt like we were all alone at the Inn. We enjoyed watching the hummingbirds, seeing the horses and watching the great storm that passed by. The cabin was a perfect place to rest and begin our new life together!! We also enjoyed an in-room massage, arranged by Laurie. Incredible!!! Wonderful place to go... we will definitely go again!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

Beautiful accomodations, great attention to detail, wonderful spa bathtub for two; delicious breakfasts, comfortable, clean beds with satin sheets; friendly inn keepers; beautiful grounds

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

We had a wonderful 5 night stay at the Mt. Gainor Inn, south of Dripping Springs, Texas. The rooms are absolutely pristine -- even the fussiest guests would find the accomodations scrupulously clean. The beds are incredible and, combined with the utter peace and quiet of the remote Hill Country location you are guaranteed a great night's sleep. The WiFi works like a charm, making working on the deck a real pleasure!

Breakfast was wonderful - especially the french toast! -- and delivered right to the door of our private cabin. This cabin, with king sized bed, true two-person tub and rocking chair front porch would be absolutely perfect if only the bathroom offered a little more privacy . Otherwise, perfect! The innkeepers are available and hospitable, but never intrusive and they are really there to spoil you.

Our traveling companions stayed in the "main house" and were very pleased with their rooms, as well. Mt Gainor Inn isn't your typical B&B Inn -- it is very remote and has a true "farmhouse" feel but we found it the perfect Hill Country experience and we would definately stay there on our next visit to Austin.

• Liked — Hill Country location; cleanliness; breakfast
  • Disliked — no privacy between bathroom and bedroom
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2008

I wasn't sure what to expect when I selected this B&B, but I definitely made the right choice.

I stayed in the Garden Room, which was perfect for my needs. Everything was immaculately clean, and the bathroom was at the end of a long hall which was quirky but worked fine. The private deck was amazing, and I spent one whole morning passed out in a shady hammock.

WiFi connection was strong, and the entire property was amazingly quiet (almost too much so at times, but that's a whole other story).

The hosts were very friendly and accommodating, and breakfast was simply amazing each morning. As I was the only guest on property for the first few nights, they were flexible with my breakfast time, which was greatly appreciated (and something that is rare at B&B stays in my experience). I also ordered dinner the night I arrived so I wouldn't have to hunt for food after a long day of travel, and I'm so pleased I did. For less than $20, I got pecan-crusted trout with wild rice and a fresh salad, with a half bottle of wine thrown in. After that I savored sitting in the huge hot tub.

All in all a great place to stay, and after I saw where some of my friends stayed in the area, I'm confident in saying this is a top choice for the Dripping Springs/Wimberley area.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

We stayed at Mt. Gainor Inn for our 26th wedding anniversay. The folks that own this bed and breakfast made us feel right at home. My husband surprised me with yellow roses, a massage that came to the room and a candle light dinner under the stars. The owners helped him keep this as a surprise for me and boy was I surprised. The breakfasts and the candle light dinner was absolutely delicious. I highly recommend this place as a romantic get away.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Al-Khobar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

My husband and I just spent a wonderful week-end at the Mt. Gainor Inn and would recommend it to anyone.
Jerry met us on our arrival and gave us the 'grand tour' of the Inn, which is a restored 100 year old farmhouse. Laurie and Jerry have done most of the work themselves and they have every reason to be proud of their accomplishments. The Inn is decorated with antiques and comfy furniture which makes the whole experience very relaxing.
We stayed in the Attic Suite which meant we had the entire top floor to ourselves. There was a living room with an eating area and kitchen, as well as a seperate bedroom and bath. This worked out really well in case someone got up earlier so the other person wouldn't be disturbed. (The bed was extremely comfortable! And, for those who need to know, the wi-fi worked very well.) A nice feature of staying in the Attic is that breakfast is delivered to you, and on both mornings we were served something unique and delicious. Another nice touch was the birthday cake they left for us as a surprise. (if you go order the chocolate covered strawberries Laurie makes-YUMMY!)
Finally, outside our door we had a deck with a table and chairs. This was a great place to kick back and watch the night sky fill up with bright stars-awesome.
Because this was our first time at a B&B we weren't sure just how things were going to work out. But within a few minutes of meeting Jerry and Laurie and getting into the laid back mode, we realized this is one of those places where we'll be returning to and "kicking back" while watching the cyclists pedal down the country road out front.
Laurie and Jerry were great hosts and always available if needed, but they ensured to give us all the privacy we wanted as well. They have spent alot of time and energy into making Mt. Gainor a truly great experience for their guests and we appreciated everything.
Thanks ya'll and we'll see ya next home leave!
Traci and Steve
Texans living in Saudi Arabia

• Liked — The rooms and the owners!
  • Disliked — Having to leave.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Mt Gainor Inn? Share your experiences!